Wow, good thing I found this. Don't want to get banned or anything :O but after reading this thread I skimmed for subjects of this related to mod authors who've posted their mods here, and several other sites/modding communities, and even steam. Most seem to have associated themselves and their work mainly to TWC, but for the sake of promoted their work, and spreading the joy to all fans, some authors natrally releasing said works to other sources.

In this instance, I don't believe it logical to expect these terms to be followed by modders who decide edit such works that have been distributed elsewhere. That said, there are many new modders emerging from "new exposure" to modding itself, largely credited to massively modded games like skyrim, and the mod-supported community of huge companies like Steam. I'll get right to it; there are going to be a large number of younger gen to stumble upon modding as I did, and a lot sooner than I did too. I can rarely think of a time, even now that I'm older, ((though I'm sure still going to be considered part of the generation i speak by older ladies and Gents)), that I ever actually read terms and conditions until it becomes relevant to something I intend to do, generally because such things are as Ishan pointed out, common sense.

Nonetheless, I think it important for TWC administration to see that this set of important rules are going to be relied on far heavier than before, and that an effort should soon be made to make these rules apparent to this group of young adults and even adolescents. Therefore, even though it has been posted here as its own thread, I do believe additional measures should be taken, though it may seem too extreme to do so, or just too trivial, the fact that this was posted in the first place means that it was necessary to help solve and prevent issues. That issues like this ever came up shows that with an increase in modding community, especially among the younger gen, these issue will also continue to grow, and at a pace that could drive administration bonkers in dealing with these petty arguments, anger the modders themselves as well, and strike the Fan community dumbstruck with how silly or ridiculous it all may seem to them.

Ok, I know I blabbed a lot, but only because I thought the points were valid and that the size of the post might get some attention. Simple solutions could be to provide a link right smack dab in the top menu of the Home page to terms and conditions, and make it brazenly obvious. Nothing wrong with being completely thorough and over-achieving a few times to avoid constant and tedious smaller reminders. Make these rules easily accessed anywhere on the forum. Links links links. Add a rule stating to all modders of this site that choose to provide their works on other sources aware that these terms may not then be followed, and that do so lies outside TWC power to protect due credit of intellectual property for that very reason.

My conclusion is that there are currently three main problems with the current setup of these rules:
A) NOT BE SEEN OR SKIPPED OVER- mostly due to: *outside TWC modders*, *only been presented to them once upon signing up, which I'm sorry, people just don't read*
B) Not be taken seriously, (particularly by younger community, no age prejudice intended)
C) The missing rule I suggested that states clearly to modders uploading works outside the TWC should automatically result in said work losing of the TWC Administration's "Due Credit" protection of the author's said work.

Phew, that was quite a bit larger than I originally anticipated :/ if I made any incorrect assumptions, mistakes, accidentally incorrect claims, and or false understanding, be it the rules themselves or the TWC collective, please let me know. Due apologies and/or corrections will be made if necessary. No offence of any detail in this post was intended, including anything seen as an attack on the TWC Administration, or anything seen as an accusation of negligence to any member of this community.

Your Biggest TWC fan, supporter, and willful contributor, Lyrithus