Thread: Favorite greek city state?

Mukai's Avatar Foederatus

Icon6 Favorite greek city state?

Hey guys, just wondering which of the hellenistic factions is your favorite? And why? I've had a crack at conquering as Rome which was fun for a time but feel like moving on to the Greeks but I'm a little spoiled for choice here.
    I'm tempted to go with Macedon and reforge an empire, or maybe even Sparta (So i can tell This is sparta with every unit charge )
    So which would you recommend?

Default Re: Favorite greek city state?

It all depends on your preferences. Athens starts out as a client state to Macedon and a trade agreement with Sparta. Egypt will almost immediately try to get on your good side. You also have terrible relations with Epirus, on the verge of war. You also get 10%+ to research rate.

Sparta is at war with Epirus at the start, and Athens is easy to get on good terms with and will most likely join the war if you ask. You also are allied with Macedon but not a client state. All recruits get an experience bonus when trained

All I know about Epirus is that they start out at war with Sparta obviously.

Macedon I have no idea

Dost thou prate, rogue?

I like Athens, but you'll want to declare war on Macedon, thus having Sparta declaring war on you so you can take their city.

I like the Eygpt/Athens Alliance aswell, they don't compete for territory but share water space, so it's usually a solid alliance.

My first campaign was with egypt 120 turn+ and i really enjoy This faction is really good lot of choice in culture and armies even if they are not the best of the world u can manage too make really balance full stack army. nubians are really good. The problem ull see is that the map is really dangerus for u and for ur ennemies indeed the desert is far and deep. Country are really big and to join each town it makes time. ur empire tend to be deep but u have too mangage with that frontiers are really dangerus i dont tell u anymore just enjoy Egypt.

Also i just started with macedon and woaaa its rough if athen wasn't client state i dont think u could stand the start. The challenge is here.

Currently I'm playing as Sparta and i'm having a blast! Macedon and Athens will soon be conquered to unify the greek states once more.

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

Gogunbanzui's Avatar Civis

斯巴達 is my favourite, although their armies lacked flexibility(all they have is super pike/spear units on steroids).

Sparta has the most unique looking units of all, which is cool. Still waiting on the game to be fixed before I find out though.