View Poll Results: what game do you want next for TW?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • BC/Bible TW

10 4.57%
  • Medieval 3 TW 950AD-1400AD

125 57.08%
  • American Revolution /American Civil War TW

12 5.48%
  • WW1

23 10.50%
  • WW2

7 3.20%
  • Future TW /Modern warfare

4 1.83%
  • Fantacy/any

29 13.24%
  • Lord of the rings TW

9 4.11%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WELL ROME 2 SUCKED,WHATS GAMES IS NEXT FOR CA?

Default WELL ROME 2 SUCKED,WHATS GAMES IS NEXT FOR CA?

I make this only because there is only one time period that would cause me to buy another tw game ever Medieval 3. No other ca game would i ever buy. So what game would you want ca to make next?.
    Last edited by total relism; September 13, 2013 at 06:48 AM.

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Default Re: WELL ROME 2 SUCKED,WHATS GAMES IS NEXT FOR CA?

considering CA got the Warhammer License last year its kinda obvious ...
    Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski".
    You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh,
    His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not
    into the whole brevity thing.

-- The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    considering CA got the Warhammer License last year its kinda obvious ...
    i thought that was different branch? if that is case,sadly i would give up on tw.

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Matamoros's Avatar Tiro

You forgot to add Renaissance Total War
    Nuestra Señora de Las Mercedes ha resurgido del fondo del océano para concluir su viaje.
    200 a
    ños después los piratas pierden. El oro vuelve a España. Misión cumplida.

apo_hd's Avatar Libertus

Med3, of course, my favorite TW... I love the period.
    ASUS P8Z68-V | i5-3470 / TX3 EVO | ASUS GTX 970 STRIX @ 1489/7760 | Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3 1600 CL10 | Corsair AX760i | Corsair Graphite 760t | ASUS MX279H | Edifier R2000DB + ASUS Xonar DG | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Games + Intel 520 120GB - OS / 4TB - Storage || LG G2 :inlove:

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I really dont care. I expected for Rome and they give us this crap. Id like to have my money back total war its a good name for this game,

Campidoctor

I'll eat my old hat if the next one is not a Warhammer game. But I don't really care any more. I used to wait for Medieval 3, but now I would actually prefer they don't make it.

The Warhammer license seems a perfect match for CA's preference for over the top units, magical abilities etc. I think the game could be fun if done right, but I wouldn't hold my breath

Maybe you should add a "Don't care" option ?
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Spelling: Total War.

You'd love it, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    The Warhammer license seems a perfect match for CA's preference for over the top units, magical abilities etc. I think the game could be fun if done right, but I wouldn't hold my breath
    You know, now that I think of it. Rome2 is like a really bad fusing of DOW1 and Rome1.

Kipman2000's Avatar Libertus

TW:Medieval 3 is the only TW game I'd be even remotely interested in buying. I wouldn't pre-order though. Next time I'll hold off for a while to see the community feedback...

I voted for fantasy this time and mostly because most of the other options don't really interest me, except for M3TW and if it were up to me they would be making a Westeros: Total War ( which kinda includes medieval warfare anyway)

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

It would be smart for CA to develop Warhammer along with Med 3 about the same time since these 2 projects could have a lot of shared resources.

I'd give a game set in China a shot. I don't really know anything about Chinese history or combat but I image it was pretty interesting.

If it was a first preference thing, though, I'd have to go Medieval 3 for sure. Perhaps the UK studio should focus on games like Warhammer and SEGA should reopen the Australian studio that developed M2. Wishful thinking but if they did we'd get new creative and lead designers and we might get some progress with the series. Unfortunately, the current leads of CA have shown they aren't willing to build on the series beyond a few minor additions at the cost of subtracting many others in the process.

Mongol or China TW, but seeing as how CA is a completely awful company, I'd rather they not.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Rather than pine for another Total War or fantasize about the next opportunity to throw money in Mr. Satomi's direction, perhaps it's time to consider...

that key CA staff should be replaced and/or the series ended. Honestly, to put together a product this bad shows not only a failure of basic project management but also of creativity and vision. To deliver this sort of unfinished and very oddly designed mess of a game, CA was either uninspired or lazy. They clearly wasted the time and budget they had when they should have been working hard and working smart.

I don't see how you recover from two major release disasters in five years.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    You know, now that I think of it. Rome2 is like a really bad fusing of DOW1 and Rome1.
    DoW 1?
    The only resemblance is that troops become a cluster when engaged in melee combat

Either way that is warhammer 40k, not the warhammer we are talking here

If they do Warhammer Total War I can see it being very specific and limited given the failure to really flesh out multiple human cultures in Rome 2.

Decanus

I don't care which setting. They just have to get it together and make a complete, finished game that mix all their experience and at the same time adds new thinking to the series. Rome 2 feels like they have replaced too many from their staff to actually move the series forward.
    Catch you on the flip side.

I don't really care at this point. Ancient area is my favourite setting, ROME II was supposed to be THE GAME. And many people feel the same way. We've all waited for a decade for a new Rome. If they fail to deliever here, I'm not really interested in another TW. Really, all they had to do was provide solid mechnanics/AI, the rest would come from the fantastic setting alone. And still they failed. CA has to put all their resources to save this game before I even consider another TW game, or I'm done with them. With this setting, they can't just go on and say 'ok, let's move on, next time we make it better'

Warhammer Total War, it will be one of my most anticipated games ever.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast