View Poll Results: what game do you want next for TW?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • BC/Bible TW

10 4.57%
  • Medieval 3 TW 950AD-1400AD

125 57.08%
  • American Revolution /American Civil War TW

12 5.48%
  • WW1

23 10.50%
  • WW2

7 3.20%
  • Future TW /Modern warfare

4 1.83%
  • Fantacy/any

29 13.24%
  • Lord of the rings TW

9 4.11%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WELL ROME 2 SUCKED,WHATS GAMES IS NEXT FOR CA?

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: WELL ROME 2 SUCKED,WHATS GAMES IS NEXT FOR CA?

This entire post is kind of messy, i am very sorry about it, i hope you understand.

Anything before WW2, no fantasy or American stuff becouse:
    -Total War games are about history
    -Entire game about american wars would be stupid, as Europeans said during WW1, "they are beginnners". That is true, in Civil war they fought with terrible tactics... Closed formations, they just stand there taking losses instead of bayonet charge- with modern weapons that is terrible. Europeans fought in more open formations, if not more open, at least more wider, and they made more bayonet charges which (before machine guns) saved lives. Also use of artillery was different, but i don`t know much about art. so i don`t say anything about that. American revolution would make booring game, there was absolutely nothing special in that war, so it should be included as part of larger campaign (1700-1850?).
    Hm, now that i think, it would actually be interesting to fight "old war with new weapons"... Yes please, but having just 2 similar factions makes things booring, so we should include that too to Empire 2 TW. And WW1, The Great War mod proved it is possible in Total Wars, so yes please.
    Side note: Even today, armies fight very differently, French are more aggressive and Finnish more cost-effective etc, so it making game from 1700 to 1918 would give us more different factions that many think.

NOTE: My comment about ACW is not perfectly accurate, and it is not intended to be, as its not the point.

But why the HELL did you not include Empire 2 TW???!!!
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

I don't think it's actually the next game, but the first time I watched ships beach and the soldiers jump off I thought: "Total War: Troy".

A war of conquest (or defense) across Asia Minor culminating in a set of huge battles before the walls of Troy (remember that it was a 10 year war). Replace the current political system with a war between the gods that influences the effectiveness of your more powerful hero/general units.

China: Total War! :O MTW3 would also be awesome, though I don't think CA wants any game to have a third instalment. Don't remember where I read it. Warhammer will be cool, but I don't know how they will implicate magic in it. :/

Artifex

I don't care anymore. The next TW game will probably be even more dumbed down than R2TW already is. I'd love to see "Three Kingdoms: Total War" as next game, but the current CA crew would just ruin it (probably adding Lu Bu as invincible one man army etc.). "Total War: Empire 2" set in the time of the Seven Years War would also be interesting, but I can't see the AI handling Frederik the Great on the battlefield.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; September 13, 2013 at 01:17 PM.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Rise/Fall of Rome DLC's or standalones... or Caesar: Total War. Perhaps they will end up calling it Total War: Caesar, lol.

Because of what happened with Rome II, a highly anticipated game with many issues, cut features, ect. I truly don't know I will jump onto the next title and definitely not a pre-order. I held back with Shogun 2 and it's DLCs for a long time, until I got it I was surprised how wonderful and complete it is, it's one of my favorite TW's to date due to details and content. Now as for Rome II, an era of history I truly like, but the game is lackluster, sure there is some time to mop it up and add stuff into it.

Now onto topic regarding what theme I believe should be next. I think it's too early for Medieval III, I'm a fan of the era, but expanding it 4-5 centuries would lead to some wacky Units by CA, even though they got some W's with the units on Napoleon, Shogun 2 and Rome 2. If they do decide to create TW:MIII they should release the eras in segments like they did with Shogun 2, which they did a fantastic job with units, buildings ect.

Perhaps a Empire II but the game era would take place in 1870's to WW1 (WW1 can be a DLC). 4-5 Zones on the campaign map should be available, Europe-North Africa-West Asia, Southern Africa, East Asia, South Asia-Central Asia, North America, East Africa. Fall of the Samurai is a good example of the era, but we will have the British Empire - United States - Mexico - Zulu - Ethiopian Empire - Ottoman Empire - Empire of Japan - Orange Free State - Republic of South Africa (Transvaal) - ect ect ...

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Empire II set from 1850-1900 with an expansion running up to 1914.

Plenty of meat in that scope.

I say stop short of WWI because the game wouldn't be able to handle battles of that scale.......................well they probably could if it was divisional, but CA would have to actually look at larger base unit sizes. But it would be hard to have the static war of 1915-onward, so stop at 1914 for tech purposes and allow for maneuver.

Still, I have very little faith in CA to deliver this unless they're using Fall of the Samurai as the base to work from.

Rome II has been a disaster and the good will they built up with Shogun 2 and FotS has all but been wiped out. Feels like ETW all over again.

I hope for Empire II based on FotS. A Medieval III would probably have a lot in common with Rome II and this game sucks compared to previous titles. CA may need to take a big break from this style of combat.

I voted Medieval 3, but I wouldn't mind seeing an Early Modern Total War 1400-1650 either

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by total relism View Post
    I make this only because there is only one time period that would cause me to buy another tw game ever Medieval 3. No other ca game would i ever buy. So what game would you want ca to make next?.
    None of your options, that's for sure. Only legit one there is Medieval and the year span is too long.

Personally I'd love a 15 and 16th century. Easily the most war torn, complex couple of centuries in European history. Back when states spent 90% of their income on warfare between themselves and their armed forces and Europe was genuinely under threat from the Ottoman Empire.

So I thought long and hard and this is what I came up with..

1) Rome 3 should have facilitate the future of the franchise for the next 10 years. Instead CA choose to make some quick money and rushed the game. It is almost as if they have killed the golden goose on purpose.

2) CA officialy said that:
    a)- there will be no Total War#3 game of any kind - but what other time periods are so masively popular as the medieval times and the antiquity? None.
    b)- there will be no Total War game for consoles - but they still tinker around with the radiant system (controlers)

3) The facts are:
    - CA is looking to hire a programer who have expirience with consoles
    - CA "streamlined" some options like "fire at will", "gard" and "loose formation" (screams controlers and Warhammer to me)
    - insanely fast morale loss and kills rate fits perfectly in the Warhammer Universe
    - magic abilities also
    - their next big game is scheduled to be Warhammer

Conclusion:
    They are scraping the Total War francaise. There will be no other game of the series. Warhamer will take this place - both on PC and consoles. It will be very simular to Rome 2, probably on the same (simular) engine. Rome 2 was more or less a testing ground for their new concept and was built with the next game in mind. Minimum work maximum profit. Seems very reasonable to me.

Forum is still dodgy!

Let's go over a few things:

1) Companies are allowed to have multiple franchises. Those saying "It can't be X since TW is historical!" are missing the point; the thread title doesn't even mention TW! Those saying they'll quit if the next game is non-historical are very entitled. Nobody can force a company to stick to 1 and only 1 franchise forever, and they don't owe it to you either.

2) Medieval 3 is unlikely, since they've claimed they don't want to do a game with "3" in the title, but not impossible.

3) They've said that each major release is followed by an expansion before being followed by a new major release.

4) They've officially announced they're working on Warhammer.

5) Games Workshop (owners of Warhammer) have said their people are already actively working with CA on new games.

6) From April: http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5...eenshotvje.jpg -> position now filled.

7) Current: http://www.creative-assembly.com/jobs -> Notice Associate Producer - Warhammer. This isn't a programming role either, it's more lore and polish, so could be for later in the development process.

8) Notice how the job above that says "featured" AND "total war team", but the warhammer one only says "featured"... (featured likely means "urgent", too)

Conclusions:

- The next TW game will be a Rome 2 expansion.
    - The next major release will be a Warhammer game, but it won't be in the TW franchise.
    - The next major TW game likely will not be Medieval 3... I heard one dev say he'd like to do WWI in an interview, but that doesn't mean a thing.

Most of this is closer to fact than opinion.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Personally if the do a Medieval 3 the core campaign should range from 950-1291 (the Fall of Acre)

Keep the renaissance and the age of vikings for fully fleshed expansions, if you try to cover too much time the period gets watered down too much. Plus I have always the thought the high medieval knights look way cooler then the late period ones so that would be a good place to end.

I would like "Three Kingdoms", but a far east theme probably isn't in the picture for 2 in a row. If not that time period/theme, then I'd go w/the discovery of the Americas upto the Empire timeframe of just around the American Revolutionary period.

Rome 2 is the best TW since Medieval 2. I have yet to get a single crash, a single bit of lag in battle, or a single graphics glitch. I'm sorry if your computer isn't good enough for it.
    Spoiler for HOTSEATS
    House Martell in This is a Hotseat
    House Arryn in This is Not a Hotseat
    House Stark in This is Most Definitely a Hotseat
    House Stannis in Hotseat: A Feast for Crows
    House Joffrey in The Requested Hotseat

R2TW sucks less than any TW game maybe except S2TW did at release. It didn't suck, doesn't suck and will grow to be one of the finest titles in the series. I hope to see at least two expansions unless Sega forces console compatibility on CA.

The threads all caps title and the OPs attention span match quite accurately.

Having that said, I'd love to see a song of ice and fire TW game, which of course is never going to happen.

The setting would match a TW-type game perfectly, however.

under the patronage of Belisarius

I'd go for a Middle Kingdom: Total War. It would present a new context that is great for land battles with much to explore.
    The Armenian Issue

I'm actually quite excited to see this new Warhammer game. I've been hoping CA would get the rights for warhammer for a while. But i wish they'd of gotten the 40k rights too.

Also i'm fairly sure they'll still do total war games, it's not like they're gunna ditch it. They may alternate, total war, warhammer, total war and so on...
    Rome Total War Randomiser --- Thread --- Source Code

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

I would like to see Medieval TW 3. BUT with this team I am really really scared, what the game will be like. If they dont rehire CA team Australia, next game of TW series is same disaster like this one. Who are actually these guys now? American? Or European? Headquarters of CA is in Britain if I am not mistaken. But where is this team from responsible for disasters like Empire and Rome 2 now ?
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

I prefer if they made none at this point. It's clear they have poor communication between themselves and with the community, and the way they design games is to hype it up so people can buy, then try to placate whoever happens to be disappointed.

This is probably going to happen with a warhammer game that they will inevitably make.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast