View Poll Results: The Features that were previously and aren't anymore that you want/miss

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Family tree

122 85.31%
  • The old trait system for generals

86 60.14%
  • The old building system

54 37.76%
  • The old warscape towns

20 13.99%
  • The old City system from rome 1 and m2tw

42 29.37%
  • Videos for agent actions/ faction introduction

86 60.14%
  • Battle instances like guard mode, shiltron...

107 74.83%
  • The old research tree

49 34.27%
  • Moving of capitals

78 54.55%
  • Cinematic battle speeches (they are still there, don't move the general and you will hear)

60 41.96%
  • Seasons

48 33.57%

6 4.20%
  • Siege engines for no instant assaults

33 23.08%
  • no I don't miss them! good grief!

1 0.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Features that were previously and aren't anymore that you want/miss

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default The Features that were previously and aren't anymore that you want/miss

This is merely a thread about a poll, if you want do please talk about the features that were in previous tw games that you miss

This is a multi choice poll so feel free to vote on how many you want

do please discuss, aggression isn't allowed and will be dealt swiftly by korean vampire lesbian ninjas and by fabio the guy in all those covers from those piss poor romances.

I will start the discussion with the I miss the agents videos
    Last edited by karamazovmm; September 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Default Re: The Features that were previously and aren't anymore that you want/miss

I miss the avatar multiplayer, the old Medieval Total Wars titles system,and maybe the family tree.

Default Re: The Features that were previously and aren't anymore that you want/miss

Agent videos.Ability to control when to throw pila.More event videos (think inquisition and plague videos). Also, more videos when say therma or latrines are built + or games are held by edict and such would be much MUCH more immersive. These small videos and such will add much to immersions. Think about the sense of achievement when you recaptured jerusalem, etc. Or initiated the crusade, etc.
    TWC reader since 2006

the first 3 are the most important. don't know why people care about the videos so much. Surely once you've seen them all you stop caring about them?
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Personally, a combination of features actually, seasons and few turns per year was nice also.

• Family tree

• Videos for agent actions/ faction introduction

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    the first 3 are the most important. don't know why people care about the videos so much. Surely once you've seen them all you stop caring about them?
    For some, they are meaningless interruptions - for many people however, they give face, voice, and feeling of 'human interaction' from all the strategic map tinkering and micro managing that is a necessary in a strategy game like this (don't take those away for 's sake). It can be actually refreshing and entertaining to see your dignitary getting slapped/punched in the face by enemy spy while trying to coerce and scare him with threats for example. Or your female spy trying to 'tempt' the champion then getting thrown out of the tent ass first.
    TWC reader since 2006

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

Guard mode and for Roman infantry to be able to throw their pila without charging and perhaps a "fire-at-will" mode for them.

Obviously, don't give them as much ammo as the Velites and Leves.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

The one thing that truly annoys me is the ability to assault without building any siege equipment. Infuriating when you have no time to send a relieving force.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Wolar's Avatar Tiro

If I were able, I'd vote for:

• Family tree

• The old research tree

I wouldn't say no to agent videos as well..

family tree and ability to choose heir (even if it is not historical, it adds depth to campaign and career development. i like seeing a 16 year old son with some promise of one day being a great man)
    battles which feel epic. this is the tricky one. graphically i like this game a LOT, and with named legions which develop their own legacy/skillsets it's potentially excellent. but even with patch 2 and radious' mod its not what i expected.

this is hard to describe, but anyone who played SPQR and Roma Surrectum will remember the first time they saw their front line clash with Pyrrhus or with Hannibal, the music, the long and brutal fighting and then winning when your reserves were able to throw a pilum in the back of the enemy flank, followed by a charge. that was possible with mods. (basic attack value 10, defense value 30, which could reach 35/40 with armour upgrades and experience, and whatever they did to affect moral)

but the fire at will for pila, guard mode to keep formation and not give AND take a lot of casualties until you decided where to use your reserves to break the line. i am still unsure whether i am happy with the combat.
    looking at Rome 1 with RSII, combat looks very crappy compared to Rome II. BUT the battle as a whole and strategic / tactical control over it, and the epicness of it, and the fun i get out of winning it by being a clever and cunning general.... nowhere near the level of a very old game and supermod. so that bugs the hell out of me.

traits and city/province design choices... well i dont mind them yet. the old way of 30 traits which often balance out to make a dozen average guys with a few crap dudes and a few excellent ones.. meh if that can be achieved with only 3 traits, so be it. no gamekiller for me at all. building tree and city development? interesting choices, still not decided which i prefer.

legion legacy and different agents to attach to legions with added skillsets from those agents? nice addition they made. graphically i am quite pleased with Rome II. naval battles? dont care about them. invasions? only if they add appropriately. the etruscan league sent a little fleet to brundisium. i would rather that they used that army to defend against Legio I which is marching on Ariminum.

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

The ability to attack settlements without siege equipment was in since the first Shogun where used crude torches you could do the same in Medieval 1 but tower defenses where strong to decimate units in that game. It wasn't in Rome or Medieval 2, but it came back in Empire with climbing walls, and full circle with torches again in Shogun 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wolar View Post
    If I were able, I'd vote for:

• Family tree
    • The old research tree

I wouldn't say no to agent videos as well..
    Seriously, these things shouldve been in the game WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT.

ing monkies at CA figured it would be better to remove features that made the game what It was....

Im so pissed off about the removed features I'm not even going to touch my game until I can mod them in, or CA gets their together and adds them back (less likely I realize... so sad)

You did not have what I miss most as an option: The ability to leave a captain in charge of a smaller garrison force... or simply just being able to split your forces at will.

how about you include the several turns per year? or the seasons? no? i bet more people miss those!

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by dako93 View Post
    how about you include the several turns per year? or the seasons? no? i bet more people miss those!
    More tpy you can have with mods, but unfortunately not seasons (I think).
    Anyway, I do miss seasons, but not half as much I miss some things in that list.

The more I think about it, there has been only ONE feature that's been added in Rome II that has been good, that's the addition of army experience.

Every single other feature (and im not kidding, every single thing i can think of) that was added has either made me go 'meh' or (for the most part) 'change it back to the way it was'

What a cockup this game has become... I'm a sad panda...

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by chronicpayne View Post
    The more I think about it, there has been only ONE feature that's been added in Rome II that has been good, that's the addition of army experience.

Every single other feature (and im not kidding, every single thing i can think of) that was added has either made me go 'meh' or (for the most part) 'change it back to the way it was'

What a cockup this game has become... I'm a sad panda...
    I do prefer old city/building system from Rome1 and Medieval2, but the new Province system was a improvement compared to Shogun2, you have to agree with that .
    Most all of the others features new in RomeII may be great but have some drawbacks, like the family-house idea being cool but poorly made...

Family tree and somewhat improved building system would be good, but things like agent videos are rather irrelevant.

Doubt I will go back to Rome II till CA or a mod brings back the family tree and the old trait system.
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast