Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game lags on good pc?

Default Game lags on good pc?

I posted this on tech support forum yesterday but no one seems to care so i'll post it here.

Good day, My game is stuttering even on low settings, I want to play this game on extreme, Too bad even on low settings it's unbearable.

My PC Specs
    Processor: Intel Core i3 3.07 ghz
    GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 650 Ti 2gb OC
    RAM: 4GB

I checked the system requirements and it states that my game would run great, but when I started playing it lags a lot, even on low settings. Extreme and low settings doesn't make a difference on fps. How do I fix this?

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: Game lags on good pc?

patch it up till beta 2

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

CPU bottleneck. It affects everyone, and your PC is not necessarily "good", its just okay. Patch 2 beta might help though.

What do I need to upgrade on my Rig? Do you think my cpu is holding it's potential? my gpu is a beast tho.

I can also run shogun on Ultra with no problem.

Tiro

Do you want to upgrade your PC because of this game?Don't do that, it's not worth it.Just wait what they do to the game in close future.In a meantime is surely waste of money.The game is still very much unbalanced, without proper graphics settings.So wait, maybe there's be no need to upgrade.

Adreno's Avatar Senator

gpu a beast? no not really

Most likely CPU bottleneck, do you have 32-bit or 64-bit windows?I could run Shogun 2 on ultra no probs with:

Core i5 650 @3.2ghz

Radeon HD 5850

4gb Ram 64-bit

and I can run Rome 2 on high with shadows and some other stuff on medium/low with not much lag on the battlefield. Patch 2 helped a lot but I think we might need to accept PC isn't good enough for ultra no lag. .
    Last edited by BigHairyMelon; September 16, 2013 at 06:24 AM.

Don't use medium or lower setting. I don't know what CA have in mind, but lower setting use CPU instead of GPU. That makes the game slow down GREATLY.

Use Medium setting above, the game will run much much BETTER.

I have 64 bit windows.

Yeah your computer is no "beast" I'm sorry to say. Don't get me wrong though, it looks more than capable! Rome 2 has a MUCH higher demand than Shogun 2.

I just installed my copy last night and played a couple of prologue battles on extreme and I was getting pretty bad FPS. Was not enjoyable. Also the textures weren't actually very good, so it seems the game has forced itself onto lower settings. Will try again tonight with "unlimited video memory" enabled.
    You can see my specs in my Sig.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

how to make it a beast if it's not yet a beast?

how to make it a beast if it's not yet a beast?
    Last years "beast" is this years rabbit.

Currently the "economical" beast is the GTX 770, which is only twice as fast as yours. Unfortunately I doubt your power supply could handle it, if your pc was tailored for the 650 TI. If you stuck the 770 in, it'll probably cook itself.

Stick with the 650 Ti, it's a good reliable card. I wouldn't spread any cash, you got a good machine.

All I got is a gt640 stuck in a 2007 era PC.
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

Tiro

If you want to slightly upgrade your PC you might add some RAM to it.It is not necessary, but it could do some good.Your PC is not bad.I have i7-2600k, 7950 HD ,8GB ram and getting lags to.Try tu run benchmark, settings might adjust by them selves or it will tell what the best settings will be.

I have i5-4570, 8GB ram, gtw 760 and I am getting laggs too. A lot of them...
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

I5 4670k
    Gtx 780
    8g 1600mzh ram

It runs good enough on the battlemap and campaign with everything on extreme, except when i zoom in on the battle i get around 20fps. My guess is once a few patches have hit it'll be more optimized.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

@op, that is a budget pc, not a good one.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by mutad1 View Post
    Try tu run benchmark, settings might adjust by them selves or it will tell what the best settings will be.
    Good point, at a guess for the 650 TI, probably set the game graphics to "High" with unlimited memory ticked. In the advanced settings there a FPS test, click on the file 'forest' and run.
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

Update your graphic driver.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Its the game, i have 16gb ram and 660ti card. still get bs stutter after beta patch.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast