Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game lags on good pc?

Default Re: Game lags on good pc?

Sooo, I'm not the only one having problems. This game could be awesome but its poorly optimized. Do you think upgrading my ram would make a difference?

I really want to play this game, but I guess I'll have to pass for it if no fix came.

Well, how does it play with unlimited memory checked and set to 'high'? I play the game although I find the lag annoying, but your PC is better than mine.
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon13 Re: Game lags on good pc?

Ive also played Shogun 2 on Ultra and Rome 2 is unplayable for me.
    Never saw a game that runs the same on ultra as on low settings!! Anyway the game is piece of that doesn't deserves the "Total War" title.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Just lower unit details. It doesn't change the quality of textures, only faces are the same. You'll just have clones, but no lag with everything else on max.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

what about 3570k+7970 rig with Rome II? I don't expect good words...

Well I have a 4570k, gtx 770 4gb vram, and 16gb of corsair platinum ram and this looks the same for me on extreme as it does on low or medium settings, ticking rhe unlimited memory makes the game shut down in battles for some reason. . I dont get any lag on the battlefield but it looks horrible especially compared to shogun 2 or napoleon. Id say just better than medieval 2. The campaign map lags when selecting and moving units quickly. Or just scroling around.

It's obvious that there is next to no optimization. And yes I have the latest drivers and patch 2.0

Well I have a 4570k, gtx 770 4gb vram, and 16gb of corsair platinum ram and this looks the same for me on extreme as it does on low or medium settings, ticking rhe unlimited memory makes the game shut down in battles for some reason. . I dont get any lag on the battlefield but it looks horrible especially compared to shogun 2 or napoleon. Id say just better than medieval 2. The campaign map lags when selecting and moving units quickly. Or just scroling around.

It's obvious that there is next to no optimization. And yes I have the latest drivers and patch 2.0

As I thought, I would not waste my time for now trying to make this game run better, Maybe I'll be back playing this game after 2 - 3 months hope there would be a fix that time.

don't bother with RAM, I got 16 gb and I get terrible performance

i5 3750k
    16gb

cant run it high
    What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Julius Caesar

Darth the Great's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by click2kill View Post
    I posted this on tech support forum yesterday but no one seems to care so i'll post it here.

Good day, My game is stuttering even on low settings, I want to play this game on extreme, Too bad even on low settings it's unbearable.

My PC Specs
    Processor: Intel Core i3 3.07 ghz
    GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 650 Ti 2gb OC
    RAM: 4GB

I checked the system requirements and it states that my game would run great, but when I started playing it lags a lot, even on low settings. Extreme and low settings doesn't make a difference on fps. How do I fix this?
    What I got is:
    CPU: i5 2500k
    GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 650 Ti 2gb OC (same as yours)
    RAM: 8GB

I can run everything on extreme with the standard for all low fps at campaign map and my battles are fun to play. Where I got a small drop at fps is when 3 or more full armies clash to each other. Well its still playable and if it becomes not, I might then downgrade my graphics a bit.

I think you re bottlenecked at ram first, then GPU. Get your ram double, cheapest thing to do and then you ll see about gpu

Darth the Great's Avatar Foederatus

I meant CPU not GPU (double post due to forum restrictions)

Quite dated system with an I7-3930k @3.2 Ghz, 16 Gigs DDR3 and dual 680 GTXs here.

I've felt the urge to upgrade just because I used to upgrade every year, but thanks to consoles, there hasn't been a single game worth upgrading for in quite some time.

I'm still surprised someone calls the OPs a good system though - we live in 2013... (Apologies if you're from a third world country, of course).
    Last edited by Niccolo Machiavelli; September 17, 2013 at 06:44 PM.

under the patronage of Belisarius

i7 2600k(4.2ghz),16gb 1600mhz ram, hd 7950.

On extreme it bounces between 30-65fps. I'd like to put the game on a ramdisk but its just too big.

How much performance / fps boost do you think would it give if I make my RAM 16gb because I think upgrading RAM won't do any better unless I'm running 10 application at the same time which is not, am I right? do you think it would make my game faster if I upgrade it? Clear to me what RAM is, because I think it won't affect graphic performance.

isn't R2 game engine 32 bit based? meaning it can't possibly see/use more than 3.5G of system/video memory regardless of how much you have...

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by Red River View Post
    isn't R2 game engine 32 bit based? meaning it can't possibly see/use more than 3.5G of system/video memory regardless of how much you have...
    exactly, simply put more ram will make your system better, specially if you are doing a lot of stuff at the same time while playing

in the end, your pc is nothing to write home about, you don't have a good cpu, nor a good gpu.

people were having trouble with the game in terms of performance, I won't say its perfect now, but its much better, aside that drivers have been released

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by click2kill View Post
    How much performance / fps boost do you think would it give if I make my RAM 16gb because I think upgrading RAM won't do any better unless I'm running 10 application at the same time which is not, am I right? do you think it would make my game faster if I upgrade it? Clear to me what RAM is, because I think it won't affect graphic performance.
    If you were going to upgrade anything, the cpu would be top of the list. The i3 is too much of a cut rate cpu, where as if you go to i5 that's more the real beans for gaming. In which case you might need a new Mobo.

What's the wattage of your power supply?
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

I have 500W of PSU, is that enough for gaming?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast