View Poll Results: What name for the Mod would you prefer. vote or the sea people will come for you!

Voters
542. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heroic Age: Total War

47 8.67%
  • Total War: Ancient Civilazations

39 7.20%
  • Total War: Dawn of Civilazations

73 13.47%
  • Total War: Age of Bronze

366 67.53%
  • Total War: Dusk of an Era

17 3.14%

Thread: Age of Bronze - General Discussion

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

Default Re: Total War: Age of Bronze [Bronze Age Modification]

okay so heres the proof that im actually capable of importing stuff now
    its an early low poly model, dont worry.

also in the background you can see the egyptian spearmen. i gave them smaller spears because it appears the egyptians used, well, a shorter ones
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sea_people_helmet_test.jpg  

if you can import new models so easily... well, this is the beginning of a new era for total war. Good job. And cool helm.
    I was thinking... I noticed that all naked guys look super fit and muscular. I heard someone made even skinny models. But why not fat people's models? So guys very oversize like me will feel more comfortable in the comparison.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

yeah, this pretty much sums it up

and btw this are already the skinny models...
    in fact people back then (or in poorer regions nowadays) are quite muscular.
    also soldiers were drilled, even in the bronze age. some variety would be nice indeed, but the people back then were a lot more badass then us.
    just think about marathon (10 000 athenians run 84 km a day in full gear and then get wasted)

Indeed. As my father put it best, back then it was a different breed of man. Not a different species, mind you, but just the sheer amount of physical labor, combined with diet of mostly oats, barley, bread, cheese, and meat, being conscripted meant constant drill, back then those fella's were pretty damn big. Shorter, most likely, but way more in shape than most of us lazy modern people.

I dont know if you guys have anything (units done etc) about Lusitani people ?
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

The fact of the matter is, in ancient Egypt and other ancient civilizations being overweight was something for the Nobles as it showed they could afford to eat more and richer foods. Your average peasant would be lean and muscular because of all the labor they were doing.

well in ancient times they surely did a lot of physical labor generally but there was some fat and obese too. Maybe rich people who did less physical labor and could buy a lot of food. But even wealthy farmers, if they ate a bit quantity of grain for example, could get fat soon. Remember that the basis of breeding was bread and bread as all carboidrats gives a lot of calories. If you don't waste them all you turn the calories into fat. So surely there was some fat guy, not necessarily rich, even if surely not poor. I remember reading that among celts, who were generally fit and lived healthily, there was a rule according to which if the measure of your chest was bigger than a belt you had to pay a tax. This means that surely some guy had to pay that tax or the law would not have had sense. Even in ancient times if you ate a lot, drank a lot, you got fat, even if you did a lot of physical labor. Adding some fat guy, maybe in the low rank/city militia (common people more than trained soldiers) could give a feeling of realism and immersion (and making me feeling less frustrated watching all those fit athletic guys, lol). I can make some high res picture of my chest so you can add that as 3d model, if you need
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

I certainly don't think that would be a bad thing. It would be pretty funny to see some fatty whoopin' ass. Remember Obelix anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMuttonChops View Post
    I certainly don't think that would be a bad thing. It would be pretty funny to see some fatty whoopin' ass. Remember Obelix anybody?
    Obelix has always been my heroe.

hm, you indeed have a point...the problem is that it took us months to get a proper not-a-fockin-hulk-model for our regular soldiers.
    making dudes with potbellies would require us to make all armours and tunics 2 times. which would at least double the time you have to wait for the mod. but feel free to make a submod
    but for the topless dudes such a model would be easier to get...

i'm not that big myself, just very slim and with sinewy muscles. sth in the bruce-lee-direction but not that extreme.
    so i personally dont care much about the overly muscular models, although i admit that they look like cloned fashion models without abs. which is kinda...weird
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; August 28, 2014 at 02:08 AM.

Ive done a topic here on TWC so if you need content about the Lusitani take a look .

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ros&highlight=
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

There are a few tubby European models if you look at the Barbarian skins but they could only be used for topless units.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PunitorMaximus View Post
    hm, you indeed have a point...the problem is that it took us months to get a proper not-a-fockin-hulk-model for our regular soldiers.
    making dudes with potbellies would require us to make all armours and tunics 2 times. which would at least double the time you have to wait for the mod. but feel free to make a submod
    but for the topless dudes such a model would be easier to get...

i'm not that big myself, just very slim and with sinewy muscles. sth in the bruce-lee-direction but not that extreme.
    so i personally dont care much about the overly muscular models, although i admit that they look like cloned fashion models without abs. which is kinda...weird
    Yeah! The "potbelly sub-mod"!

also in the background you can see the egyptian spearmen. i gave them smaller spears because it appears the egyptians used, well, a shorter ones
    Are those my skins in the background? They look lighter

yes they are.
    do you think we should do sth about the feet?

I can't really find a solution to that since you'd need to assign each new leg texture to match with each torso model, which I don't know if that is even possible. :/ I tried to find a colour that would blend with most of the skins.

Just make several vmds for each skin colour and then make another vmd that would combine them

Quote Originally Posted by Brivime View Post
    I can't really find a solution to that since you'd need to assign each new leg texture to match with each torso model, which I don't know if that is even possible. :/ I tried to find a colour that would blend with most of the skins.
    Yeah it's possible.

Here's what my new Numidians (noomidians hur hur hur) look like codewise. Each one uses a different shade/skin color. Ignore #1 having #2's legs, they shared the same skin tone.

Simply put - the leg model and the body model that fellow generously shared use the same barbarian skin texture. So you just need to hex-edit it so legsA and bodyA use the same texture entry. While the leg rigid model isn't very big, I would still advise to keep the variety of skin tones relatively small - I'd say no more than 5 are necessary.

You then just have to make sure you have separate variant mesh model 'inclusive entries', so that you guarantee body1 will always get legs1, body3 will always get legs3. If you want, just remove the beard and hair entries in my code below, replace the lob_body_XYZ with your proper body models, and you're good to go
    Code:
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    	<SLOT name="skin" >
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_torso_numidian_1.rigid_model_v2" >
    			<SLOT name="hair" />
    			<SLOT name="beard" probability ="0.8" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_1.rigid_model_v2" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_2.rigid_model_v2" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_3.rigid_model_v2" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_4.rigid_model_v2" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_5.rigid_model_v2" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="prop_1" />
    			<SLOT name="prop_2" />
    			<SLOT name="helmets" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards/lob_hair_numidia_new.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards/lob_hair_numidia_old.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="tunics" />
    			<SLOT name="cloaks" />
    			<SLOT name="trousers" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_legs_numidian_2.rigid_model_v2" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="shield" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_1" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_2" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_4" />
    		</VARIANT_MESH>
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_torso_numidian_3.rigid_model_v2" >
    			<SLOT name="hair" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_1.rigid_model_v2" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_2.rigid_model_v2" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_3.rigid_model_v2" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_4.rigid_model_v2" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards\beards/_numidian_beard_black_5.rigid_model_v2" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="prop_1" />
    			<SLOT name="prop_2" />
    			<SLOT name="helmets" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards/lob_hair_numidia_new.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    				<VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\hair_beards/lob_hair_numidia_old.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="tunics" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH>
    					<SLOT name="armour" />
    				</VARIANT_MESH>
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="cloaks" />
    			<SLOT name="trousers" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_legs_numidian_3.rigid_model_v2" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="shield" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_1" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_2" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_4" />
    		</VARIANT_MESH>
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_torso_numidian_5.rigid_model_v2" >
    			<SLOT name="hair" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="prop_1" />
    			<SLOT name="prop_2" />
    			<SLOT name="helmets" >
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="tunics" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH>
    					<SLOT name="armour" />
    				</VARIANT_MESH>
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="cloaks" />
    			<SLOT name="trousers" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_legs_numidian_5.rigid_model_v2" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="shield" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_1" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_2" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_4" />
    		</VARIANT_MESH>
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_torso_numidian_6.rigid_model_v2" >
    			<SLOT name="hair" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="prop_1" />
    			<SLOT name="prop_2" />
    			<SLOT name="helmets" >
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="tunics" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH>
    					<SLOT name="armour" />
    				</VARIANT_MESH>
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="cloaks" />
    			<SLOT name="trousers" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_legs_numidian_6.rigid_model_v2" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="shield" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_1" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_2" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_4" />
    		</VARIANT_MESH>
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_torso_numidian_2.rigid_model_v2" >
    			<SLOT name="hair" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="prop_1" />
    			<SLOT name="prop_2" />
    			<SLOT name="helmets" >
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="tunics" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH>
    					<SLOT name="armour" />
    				</VARIANT_MESH>
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="cloaks" />
    			<SLOT name="trousers" >
    				<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/lob_body_legs_numidian_2.rigid_model_v2" />
    			</SLOT>
    			<SLOT name="shield" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_1" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_2" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    			<SLOT name="weapon_4" />
    		</VARIANT_MESH>
    	</SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    Last edited by Ahiga; August 29, 2014 at 08:11 PM.

squeehunter's Avatar Libertus

My helmet! It's so cool to see it in the game. I can easily make a higher poly version of it. I wasn't sure how many polygons were needed in the first place. I'm back to work now. I was busy with college. I am trying to learn how to texture the models I made so I can be more self-sufficient. Does anyone have any tutorials to suggest?

could you make a model looking like me in the game? I can give you pictures of me if you want, so you can make 3 d models... I have always dreamt about having a warrior looking like me in a videogame. (I am 165 cm per 73 kg) . I would be very thankful (i can pay if needed). Thanks
    Last edited by andrew881thebest; August 30, 2014 at 05:20 PM.