Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who plays on Extreme and what are your Hardware and Benchmark stats?

Default Re: Who plays on Extreme and what are your Hardware and Benchmark stats?

Extreme is not the good question: the question is with how many men can you play with extreme settings?
    There are some players who play in extreme but with only 2000 men on the battlefield... That's ridiculous...

THE BIGGEST FAILURE OF THIS GAME is that almost all of us play with ridiculous small armies, less than 8000 men... Where are our past epic battles with 20 000 men or 30 000 men? Is that the new total war game? Less and less men on the battlefield?
    Last edited by panzerschreck; September 24, 2013 at 08:31 AM.

Irishman's Avatar Let me out of my mind

Default Re: Who plays on Extreme and what are your Hardware and Benchmark stats?

4670k, GTX 770, 16GB ram, 256 SSD, Win 8. Cost about $1400 and plays well. I did have noticeable stuttering on larger battles though (6-8k soldiers), and am hoping for better optimization.
    Last edited by Irishman; September 24, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
    The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Under the perspicacious and benevolent patronage of the great and honorable Rez and a member of S.I.N

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    4670k, GTX 770, 16GB ram, 256 SSD, Win 8. Cost about $1400 and plays well. I did have noticeable stuttering on larger battles though, and am waiting for better optimization.
    you could be waiting a long time.....due to the engine's limitations. ok drivers and patches maybe but in my experience that's minor....

Irishman's Avatar Let me out of my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    you could be waiting a long time.....due to the engine's limitations. ok drivers and patches maybe but in my experience that's minor....
    Yea, perhaps hoping is a better word.
    The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Under the perspicacious and benevolent patronage of the great and honorable Rez and a member of S.I.N

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

I'm running the game ob Extreme quite smoothly, averaging at around 45 FPS in the Benchmark - there are occasional FPS drops in large battles, but nothing too irritating. I just wished this game had SLI support though.

Having that said, I'm content with the performance.

System:

Core i7-3930K CPU @ 3,2 Ghz
    Asus P9x79 deluxe
    16 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 CL9 (4*4 Gb quad channel kit)
    Corsair Obsidian 800 D case
    Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W
    Geforce GTX 680 *2
    Drives:

1 240 GB Kingston HyperX 3k SSD
    2*seagate 2TB 7200 RPM (raid 0 array)
    Soundblaster Recon 3d

Cooling: CPU and GPUs watercooled (Aquacomputer), 4* 140 mm Noiseblocker Blacknoise silent pro for the case
    Last edited by Niccolo Machiavelli; September 24, 2013 at 05:46 PM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I have about 32 fps in benchmark, funny thing it seems to run way better in-game. Anyways, my settings below, I also use the GEM-graphics enchansing mod for the game, don't know if that affects negativelly, resolution is 1920x1200:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Shadows is low, dropped fps significantly even on medium. AA is also off since it isn't AA Come on CA... System specs: AMD Radeon HD7850 2gigs Intel i5-3570K 3.40 Ghz (4cores) 8 gigs of Ram Windows 7 64bit
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; September 24, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Turning off Distortion Effects helped ever-so-slightly, but I have Vegetation Alpha turned on, which CA said will certainly slow things down. I just love trees too much. Also have Unlimited Memory unticked, as I've forced VRAM up from my GPU's 2GB up to 3GB so it's not constantly switching between. Makes a slight increase in performance too.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    well i was quite shocked at how well my old pc ran the game,

Im playing with unit sizes on large and shadows on very high, apart from that everything is set to extreme with unlimited memory checked

my frame rate is from 60-30fps and it runs pretty decently.

My specs:

I5-2300 @2.8 (3.10 on turbo)
    8GB ram
    500GB 7200rpm HDD
    ATI Radeon 5850

i know that my gpu and cpu are quite old but the game runs beautifully
    No offense intended but I dont believe you. In the tech powerup forums the 7850 (which is 2 generations more advanced than the 5850) had 45.3 fps average with no antialiasing at 1080p resolution in Shogun 2 which is less demanding than Rome 2 and the test bench had an i7 920 at 3.80ghz (far better than your processor).
    Unless you have 100 units at most fighting in the battlefield.
    Last edited by paradamed; September 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Intel Xeon 3.46, GTX 470 single video card, 12g ram, 120g SSD. No issues with lag. Dunno why people have issues with this game. Oh yeh running windows 7.
    Last edited by tigger_t; September 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM.

CPU: Intel i5 3550k 4.2Ghz, RAM: 8GB G. Skill Sniper Low Voltage, HDD: Seagate Barracuda3TB SATA 2 7200 rpm, GPU: EVGA 770 4GB CLASSIFIED ACX EDITION, Monitor: BenQ xl2420t 120 Hz, OS:W 8

Play with everything maxed and get high 20's-high 30's fps on battles, mid 20's-high 30's on campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger_t View Post
    Intel Xeon 3.46, GTX 470 single video card, 12g ram, 120g SSD. No issues with lag. Dunno why people have issues with this game. Oh yeh running windows 7.
    What settings are you running the game on? Low? I highly doubt you're running the game with no issues with lag, unless your brain processes images at 2 frames per second, and the 3fps you get in-game seems really fast to you...
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

max setting and running radious mod, might help somewhat. No noticeable lag in battles but there is a minor delay after agents perform tasks and after battles in campaine mode, but that's it. My brain works just fine lol. I do keep windows optimized and run the latest beta drivers for my older GTX card. At 3 fps I'd throw the mouse at the TV.lol

Now these forums lag sh!.! Load however
    Last edited by tigger_t; September 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM.

I hate to be so cynical on people who are trying to help the OP, but to believe the performance on the hardware some have posted in here Id have to forget everything I know about PCs.
    I can assume they don't mean to lie but are just bit naive and don't benchmark (the game benchmark is broke)

Shadows and Unit details maxed pretty much guarantees 10-20fps close up in big melee battles on all but super-CPU's

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Before putting my system specs here ,I want to make it clear that I'm very very disappointed with this game because of all the changes done to the gameplay & many missing features !

MOBO : Asus H87 pro
    CPU : Core i5 4570
    VGA : [Gigabyte] GTX 770
    RAM : 2*4GB Kingstone HyperX

All settings on Max and have had no problem so far !

SPECS : I5-3570k @4.2 GHZ
    GTX 780
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    128GB SSD
    Windows 8 64bits
    Running at 2560x1440p

I run everything on EXTREME but gets some lags If I put Ultra unit sizes and fight a 20vs20 battle.

I decided to play with normal/medium (forgot the name) unit size and had 0 lags whatsoever. The only problem I have is the grass/ground looks horrible IMO. And the lighting is meh...

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

3570k at 4.5 ghz
    660ti still using 314 drivers as the newer ones crashes it
    8gig ram
    256gb ssd
    win 7 64
    I play all games in 1080p

I tried all extreme + ultra unit sizes and got poop on even in 20 v 20 battles from above 35+ fps and dipping down to 10(just 1 reinforcing army stack would do this, I can't imagine a few) isn't good enough campaign map is fine for me actually. I don't experience any kinds of lag like players with lesser rigs. my load times are super fast in the beginning, but once I reach mid game it goes up to 1-2 mins or more, even after patch 2.

I have stopped playing and trying to keep my self interested by playing rome 1 mods as I wait for the patches. abandoned 2 campaigns after I beat the civil war.

my 2nd pc(4.5 years old backup pc)

c2d e8500 3.1 ghz(no oc)
    460 1gb
    4gb ram
    no ssd just normal HD
    win 7 64
    also 1080p

with this one I can only play decently with 20 fps(battle map) even with all settings on low, dips to below 10 when battles are more than 20 v 20. except I have unit size at ultra. everything looks like campaign map lags like a mofo, and gives about 5 to 15 fps. load times are astonomical with this one. like 3 to 4 mins long or more.

this was the pc I played the witcher 2 with 35 to 45 fps on mostly max settings. one of the most demanding pc games of it's time. this also played shogun 2 n all it's dlc/expacs on max in 1080p without even a hiccup.

OT: I feel like game devs are being pay by hardware makers to make their games more and more demanding just for the sake of pushing hardware sales
    Last edited by craziii; September 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

a bump so more ppl would post their rigs and performance.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Bump

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    Straightforward, just wanted a comparison from someone else running this beautiful game at the max. You can see my rig below, and when I run the benchmark, I get between a 40fps and 50fps average. As we all know, this benchmark is pretty useless as it doesn't have any big combat moshes, and for me the fps is often lowest when that pesky deer is in the shot.

So is there anyone who is running it on extreme who isn't getting any serious lags? Mine is playable, but sieges and large open battles do get down to single figures most of the time. I would have expected better.... but then hopefully more optimisation will come.

I, for one, have had pretty good performance so far. I put that down to good quality gear and an Nvidia card
    A offbrand mobo a stovetop nv card and overpriced ram?

The benchmark is false in my opinion. In extreme I get a decent 30-40 fps on the benchmark which is relativity true in small time battles (10 units on each). If I even get 20 vs 20 battles on an open field battle and I zoom in then it lags, they should have made the benchmark far more cluttered to see if your PC can really handle it or if your graphics card hits the toilet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast