Thread: Sieges Crash

Mighty's Avatar Miles

Icon11 Sieges Crash

In my campaign, I besieged a city on the sea. They had a lot of garrison units, and a few other supporting, probably around 3000+. On the other hand, I am attacking with two armies, and enabled the large armies option. Both my armies are around 2000+, so my total force is probably 4000. So I go ahead with the siege and attack since I did not want to wait. The siege runs for a few minutes, 10-15 minutes while I wait for my ballistas to fire on the walls etc and arrange my incoming reinforcements. After about that time, before the major attack, the game stops and crashes, with an error saying Rome 2 stopped working or something like that. Tried it about 6+ times now, always crashes.
    Is there a solution?

I have GTX 780, i7 4770k, 32GB Ram, windows 7 pro

Default Re: Sieges Crash

Same here having lots of siege crashes. I have seen this reported elsewhere as well.

Mighty's Avatar Miles

damn cant play like this :[

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

I Besieged Jerusalem as part of "The Levant" Bonus Mission which it doesn't tell you what provinces you had
    to capture a settlement in to trigger that mission completion.
    Well I declared war with a Faction that had Egypt, Pergamon and a few other Factions and the game CTD'ed when I decided to go ahead with the siege.

So don't know if that mission is broken?

I have the same problem, but only on walled city sieges. As soon as I breach the walls and rush in, the game freezes up. Pretty frustrating to play this game when you can't even properly siege a city.