Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: House and Character sign-up

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: House and Character sign-up

The ruling family isn't actually specified so House Voskari of Shadowmoor seems ok, just be sensible with their story: they're a Northern Mountain Clan rather than a more traditional Westerosi Andal 'House'.

Campidoctor

Also, remember that Voskari should be a title, not an ancient house, although I could easily see the same lineage ruling over Shadowmoor for hundreds of years.

Oh no, they're a Mountain Clan at heart. Hell, Lady Thanacheir's a wildling herself.

It's an amusing story really, mostly based on misunderstandings, and Simeon taking Thanacheir captive during a counter-raid which was then seen as part of their marriage customs, and Simeon's appointment coming with the end to the raids that had been going on between the Shadowmoor tribes and that specific wildling tribe:

Marriage

In marriage, the men are expected to be quite forceful with women, going so far as stealing them from their home or clan. The women, in turn, are expected to put up a fight every step of the way.[1] It is believed that a true man will steal a woman from afar to strengthen the clan. Men must steal daughters, but not wives of other men.
    When the red wanderer is within the Moonmaid, it is considered a propitious time for a man to steal a woman.[7] While it may seem different from the idealized courtly love of Westeros, at its core it establishes a male's strength and determination, as well as a female's independence and ability to defend herself.
    At least, that was the way i was going to explain it, incidentally also using Simeon's descent to explain why their home is more than a handful of tents in the snow.

Would that work?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Sure.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

House Magner Of Skagos

Lord Rickard Magner
    Age 25
    Called by his people the grey king. He commands great respect on his own island. Ruling with little to know oversight from Winterfell he is a king in all but name. But only for a short time. He has commanded hundreds of raids and battles most of them against the wildlings in neighboring territory. He fought his way to his Lordship third in the line of succession his accomplishments caused the other men to call for him as Lord Only 25 years old His hair is already full grey and his command over his land has earned him the nickname the grey king. Well for now it remained just a nickname/
    Skills
    Raids 1
    Field battles 2
    Survival 1
    Sea Battles 2
    Duels 2
    Val
    Val is one of the Free folk or more commonly called wildlings below the wall. Val was a conquest of Rickards. He captured the spear sister during a raid North of the wall. Kissed by Fire a trait believed to be lucky by the free Folk Val is currently the Lady of Skagos.
    Age 21
    Duels 1
    Raids 2
    Field battles 2
    Survival 1

Edric Magnyr
    Age 2
    Son of the Magner has his mothers red hair.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quellon Danestro

Pentoshi Mechant , The Green Sailor
    Born 185 AL (20)

Skills (2 points):
    Income Tier 1
    Escape Rolls +1

Bio:
    Quellon is the son of wealthy magister from Pentos and it had always been his destiny to take up the family trade. A genius with numbers and brokering, his love for buying and selling was greater than anyone expected. He did not, however, want to take over the family's business but forge his own path and become the greatest merchant in Pentos without help from anyone else. After coming of age at 16, he bought his own ship and adorned it with green sail, which earned him the nickname The Green Sailor and set off on his journey to Westeros, where he would forge his own trading empire.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

This is a mod-approved character.
    Maegon of House Anogaryen

Name: Maegon Anogaryen
    Culture: East Valyrian
    Marital Status: N/A
    Children: N/A
    Traits (8 points): +2 duel, +2 capture, +2 escape, +2 survival, +2 jouster

Maegon Anogaryen, also known as Maegon 'the Tiger' and Maegon of Volantis, is a native of Volantis, one of the furthest eastern Free Cities on the continent of Essos. This city is known for its rich Valyrian heritage as it was one of the first colonies of the Freehold and has kept to ancient traditions since then. According to the story spoken from his mouth and those who knew of him, Maegon was born from a member of the Tiger Party; these were individuals who favored the old aristocracy of Volantis and follow the ways of the sword. Naturally, Maegon has the appearance of a strong warrior and a royal Valyrian household name to back this claim. The Volantis swordsman came in contact with Daemon Blackfyre sometime during his exile in Essos. Maegon proved his worth with a sword and was employed among Daemon's ranks, nothing special due to being a recent addition. He learned the ways of Westerosi chivalry, customs of Daemon's homeland and even converted from the ancient and rather unknown Valyrian faith to the light of the Seven. His devotion and quick learning made him one of the many favored swords among Daemon's troops

Upon Blackfyre's return to Westeros, Maegon began to wonder where he find his future. An East Valyrian himself could make him easily looked upon as a Targaryen or Blackfyre, which Maegon fervently denies since he is proud of his Anogaryen surname and heritage. A rather tall individual with flowing silvery-golden hair, bright Valyrian eyes and a strong warrior stature, perhaps Maegon seeks to be employed as a Sworn Sword to the King himself or perhaps another among Westeros.

Note: This character was mod-approved for a specific role; being a Sworn Sword. No way is this char gonna be used as a means of starting a civil war as a "claimed" Targaryen by others. HB approved of this character having been acquainted with Daemon Blackfyre. Any similar chars must be mod approved like mine.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; December 28, 2013 at 08:19 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Signed up House Glover, edited into post 9.

Due to the death of the Lord of Skagos I am dropping that house. I will also be dropping Blackwood due to the lack of rp ideas for them.
    instead I am laying claim to

House Reed

The Reeds rules Grey Water Watch. They first swore loyalty to the Starks first swearing allegiance to house Stark some thousands of years ago.

Notable Characters
    Lady Merean Reed

Age 43
    Merean is the Lady of Grey Water Watch. The only child of the late Hoster Reed. Lady Reed is deeply loyal to house Stark having gone personally to swear the ancient oath. “To Winterfell we pledge the faith of Greywater. Hearth and heart and harvest we yield up to you, my lord. Our swords and spears and arrows are yours to command. Grant mercy to our weak, help to our helpless, and justice to all, and we shall never fail you.I swear it by earth and water. I swear it by bronze and iron. “We swear it by ice and fire.”
    No one would doubt the Reeds loyalty to the North and there steadfastness in defending the Neck.
    Skills
    Archery 4
    Field Battle Skill 3
    Survival skill 3
    Duels skill 2

Howland Reed
    Age 21
    The only son of Lady Reed. A lad trained in fighting much like his mother me prefers spear and net to bow all though is equally capable for each.
    Skill
    Archery +2
    Duels +2
    Field Battle +2

Jyana Reed
    Age 16
    Jayana is the daughter of Lady Meera. She is rumored to have the sight.
    Greenseer +1
    Survival +1
    Archery +1
    Dueling +1

Last edited by Trot; December 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

ooc: I didn't want such a good char to be wasted, so I asked Byz if I would be able to sign him, and he answered that I'm, so:

Name: Ser Jon Targaryen, former Jon Longwaters
    Marital Status: N/A
    Children: N/A
    Traits (10 points): +2 Survival, +3 Duel, +3 Sea Captain, +1 Assasination, +1 Escape

JON WATERS
    sometimes called LONGWATERS, is a household knight in service of Lord Sumner Hayford. He is tall and strong, with his silver hair descending to his shoulders and lilac eyes, inherited from his mother. Jon was born in 172 AL, a bastard son of Lord Alyn Velaryon, the famous Oakenfist, the then Master of Ships, and Princess Elaena Targaryen, thus tracing his lineage back to Aegon the Conqueror and the Valyrians dragonlords of old. Conceived while his mother was confined in the Maidenvault and officially acknowledged by Lord Velaryon, the boy was not a welcome sight at the capital. He was firstly sent to fostered at Driftmark, but Lady Velaryon made his life a living hell. Thus, Princess Elaena entrusted him to her personal friend Lord Sumner Hayford, who had also squired for Lord Velaryon in his youth, and Jon was fostered at Hayford, as well as his twin sister, Jeyne, building a strong friendship with Lord Hayford and his sons. Hayford was able to convince the High Septon to legitimize him, and ever since he adopted the Targaryen surname.

Aux: Jeyne Longwaters, his twin sister.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Gobelina's Avatar Decanus

Default House and Character sign-up

delete

House Dondarrion of Blackhaven

Family tree:

Lord Stafford Dondarrion (69), mostly reffered to as Old Lord Dondarrion. He is a gaunt man, increasingly grumpy as the years go by. During his early years as Lord, he got an infection in his ears while travelling to Storm's End during an autumn storm, which slowly made him lose his sense of hearing. By now he's gone completely deaf, however he is able to communicate by forcing all his subjects to face him whenever they address him, in order to read their lips. He's actually more grateful than not for his deafness, as he was never fond of music, and was often annoyed by listening to others.

Stats (24 points):

+6 survival.
    +5 spy.
    +5 counter spy.
    +5 income.
    +3 assassination.

Ser Joseth Dondarrion (45), heir of Lord Stafford. He has dark red hair and a thick beard that's slowly becoming grey. While handsome in his youth, by now he's got a snub nose that's been broken several times in battle and fencing, and more than a few missing teeth. His skills with the sword are not something to brag of, however he's a great marksman, even at his age, mastering javelin throwing, both to hunt game in the Marches or kill a foe in the battlefield.

He was once fond of his father, however now he is constantly annoyed with him and can't wait for the day he finally drops dead so he can finally become Lord.

Stats (16 points):
    +4 survival
    +4 archer
    +4 spy
    +4 sieges

Ser Duram Dondarrion (20),
    Ser Joseth's son. He's a promising young knight, skilled swordsman and a warrior. He's bold and thinks little of the consequences of his actions, and often getting in trouble. He and his younger brother, Duncan, have red-gold hair and grey eyes, and are often reffered to as the Lightning Knights.

Ser Duncan Dondarrion (18), Ser Joseth's second son. He takes after his father, skilled with the javelin and spear, while not particularly good with the sword. He's more cautious, and serves as the voice of reason to his older, more immature brother.

Lady Ynys of House Caron (40), Ser Joseth's wife, the older sister of the Lord Caron of Nightsong.

Lady Ravella, Lord Stafford's only daughter. Married to Lord Meldred of Storm's End.
    Last edited by Ozy; January 02, 2014 at 06:48 PM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Welcome to the game: remember to assign your characters stats. Up to five can have them, and you gain 2 per 5 years starting at age ten (eg Stafford would have 24, from 10 to 65, and soon to gain 2 more at age 70. As he is in his 60s, the max he can have in any one skill is +6. When he hits 70, the max is +7, and so on up and down)

House Mallister of Seagard

Family tree:

Lord Talbert Mallister (41), a man with strong features and fiery, dark eyes. He's a well respected Lord, known for being a good administrator, and warrior, devout to the Faith of the Seven. He's particularly distrustful of the Ironborn. He spends most of his time reading and writing, poetry and memoires, and thoughts, among other things.

Skills (14 points):

+3 duels
    +2 jousting
    +3 income
    +3 field battles
    +3 sea battles

Lady Marissa of House Cox, Lord Talbert's wife, and mother of his two children. She died during a sea storm more than 10 years ago.

Lady Bethany Mallister, Lord Talbert's older sister. She is the widow of lord Lothston.

Lady Tysane Mallister (17), her father's eldest child. She's quite tall, and has dark black hair and eyes that shine like saphires. She is her father's favorite, and is often seen in court giving him advice and greeting the guests. It is often said that Lord Talbert has stated that he wishes she had been born male, as he sees her more apt to rule after him than her stubborn younger brother.

Trystane Mallister (15), Lord Talbert's second son, still waiting to become a knight. He takes after his father's looks, not quite beautiful but handsome in a peculiar way. He's reckless and often out of control with partying and drinking, and already has fame for being a womanizer (some say he's already even sired a bastard). He clashes with his father's religious convictions, seeing his mother's death during his youth as a clear sign of the Seven being careless towards mankind.
    Last edited by Ozy; January 06, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Welcome to the game: remember to assign your characters stats. Up to five can have them, and you gain 2 per 5 years starting at age ten (eg Stafford would have 24, from 10 to 65, and soon to gain 2 more at age 70. As he is in his 60s, the max he can have in any one skill is +6. When he hits 70, the max is +7, and so on up and down)
    thanks for the info! I will think about who I want to have stats as I think I made way too many characters :s

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Your Lord Stafford needs to have them at least, since he's a Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    thanks for the info! I will think about who I want to have stats as I think I made way too many characters :s
    Just keep in mind that there's a drawback, above a certain age (50 i think?) that character has a chance of dying every year (irl week), with of course the chance increasing as he gets progressively older.

So if you have someone old, i'd recommend sinking at least a couple of points into Survival to better the odds a little.

-----
    "Careful little Lord. The North is ruled by more than samurai alone..."

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Jeel'Derah
    Lord Vulture of Blackmont

Aged: 36 (born 170AL)
    Traits: 12pts
    Escape: 3
    Siege: 3
    Field: 3
    3 unused

done with the blessing of Xion
    Dayne
    wip will be up tomorrow

Ulrick Dayne

Skills : +4 Battle Rolls, +4 Siege Rolls, +2 Duel Rolls, +2 Survival Rolls, +2 Income Rolls

The Castellan of Starfall and cousin to Lady Lucia, Ulrick has served as his cousin's right hand, chasing off Reachman raiders from the Marcher lords on their side, leading Dornish raids in his youth, and serving as ruler of the Red Mountains whenever Lucia has had to leave on an errand.He now has to rule in the name of the infant daughter of Lady Dayne and educate her to be a proper Dornish noblewoman and see if she will become worthy of Dawn.

Lucifer Allyrion

Skills : +3 Battle Rolls, +3 Survival Rolls, +3 Assassination, +1 Income

The husband of the late Lady Dayne, and distant relative of the Lord of Godsgrace, Lucifer quietly plots to take the ancestral sword of Starfall and the castle for himself, once he finds a suitable new wife and she bears him a son...but for now, he assists Ulrick in ruling Starfall.
    Last edited by Xion; January 04, 2014 at 12:04 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast