Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Casterly Rock, The Seat of House Lannister

Default Casterly Rock, The Seat of House Lannister

House Lannister

Lady Aurelia Lannister

Traits: Survival +4, Counterspy +4, Escape +3, Spy +3
    Biography: The Lady of Casterly Rock. Aurelia is an exceedingly intelligent, authoritarian, and respectable woman. She uses her supposed weaknesses as a woman as perceived by her male peers to drive her to new heights of ruling potential. Realizing that with the death of her brothers and her father too old and impotent to sire any more, she would naturally gain the seat of her house. She has prepared her entire life for this possible eventuality.

Ser Solareon Lannister

Skills: +1 Survival, +1 Siege, +1 Field Battle, +6 Duel, +10hp in duels

The second son of Ser Guy, Solareon learned first hand how wars operate by accompanying his family on their campaigns in the Riverlands.

Full suit of armor and +3 short weapon (mace)

Ser Abelar Lannister

Traits: Field Battles +2, Siege Battles +2, Duel +10, Survival +2, +10hp in duels
    Helm
    Greaves
    Chest-plate
    Pauldrons
    Gauntlets
    Iron shield
    Plackart

+4 Valyrian Sword "Soulfire"
    +12 duel HP, +8 duels from equipment
    +2 ranged weapon (bow)

Abelar served minor functions of state as Guy's first born son including administrative roles in Lannisport and Casterly Rock. He was appointed the Lord Warden of the Golden Road to serve as an added resource against potential invasion from the east as well as reward for diplomatic services necessary for the House. Abelar has been named the heir to Casterly Rock.

Wife: Cersei Tully (27)
    Children:
    Tyrion Lannister (7)
    Victoria Lannister (6)

Ser Eustace Lannister

Skills: +1 survival, +1 siege, +1 field battle, +1 duel

------------------------------
    - Lileth 19 - married to Victor Tyrell

Casterly Rock Assets

The Lions of the Rock

Garth Lannister
    --Aurelia Lannister
    ----Aegon Targaryen (deceased)
    ----Visenya Targaryen (deceased)
    ----Rhaenys Targaryen
    Guy Lannister
    --Abelar Lannister (Cersei Tully)
    ----Tyrion lannister
    ----Victoria Lannister
    ----Penter Lannister
    --Solareon Lannister (Lyessa Baratheon)
    ----Dorian Lannister
    --Lileth Lannister
    --Eustace Lannister

Casterly Rock Upgrades
    Tier I
    Keep Expansions: +25% castle garrison size permitted
    Militia Armoury: +10% Levy
    Market Square: +10% income
    Wall Reinforcements: +1 Siege Defence rolls
    Prison Cells: 8/20 chance for escape.
    Merchant's Square: +10% province income
    Religious Shrine (Sept/Weirwood Grove/Drowned/Rhllor): Adds +1 to your stability level

Tier II
    Keep Expansions: +50% castle garrison size permitted
    Town Watch: +10% Levy, 5% cheaper professional troops.
    Merchant's Square: +10% province income

Citadel Towers: +1 Siege Defence rolls

Large Religious Shrine (Sept/Weirwood Grove/Drowned/Rhllor): Adds +1 to your stability level (annually)

Tier III
    Barracks: +10% Levy, 10% cheaper professional troops.
    Keep Expansions: +100% castle garrison size permitted
    Trade Hub: Allows owners of the province to gain an additional trade route.

Grand Shrine: (Sept/Weirwood Grove/Drowned/Rhllor): adds an additional +1 to your stability level (annually), for a cumulative total of +2 stability.
    Keep Expansions: +100% castle garrison size permitted
    Holdfast: +2 Siege Defence rolls
    Whisper House: -2 on Spying and Assassination rolls in this province when conducted by enemies, +2 when conducted by province owner (for 209)

Tier IV
    Army Barracks: +10% Levy (+20% for Heavy Infantry), 10% cheaper professional troops, if the province is beseiged a garrison of 300 light infantry and 300 archers is hastily conscripted to aid in the defence.

Military
    Army
    1,542 Light Inf
    4,117 Heavy Inf
    800 Polearms
    732 Archers
    807 Light Cavalry
    360 Heavy Cavalry

Professional Troops

1,800 Siege Crossbowmen (6x crossbowmen)
    Skill: Wielding massive crossbows, these troops are extremely slow firing but their bolts fly with a frightening force. These troops gain +3 to their rolls during sieges, and -3 to their rolls during field battles. Moderators are encouraged to conduct their shooting rolls separately from other ranged units to accomplish this.

1,800 Westerlander Knights (9x heavy cavalry)
    Skill: If fighting in the Westerlands, they gain +2 to rolls, subject to ratio calculations

2,400 Archers (8x units)

7,500 Guardians of Casterly Rock (x25 heavy infantry)
    Skill: These troops gain +3 to battle rolls. This will be divided by their ratio in the fighting forces and decimal points rounded as normal. Therefore, this unit type must compose at least 1/6th of the clashing infantry to gain a +1, 1/2 of the clashing forces to gain +2, and 5/6ths of the clashing forces to gain a full +3. If fighting in the Westerlands, this bonus is +5, subject to ratio calculations.

1,500 Night Watchmen (x5 light infantry)
    Skill: Skilled watchmen, these troops interdict raiders. If they are in a province that is raided and a peasant militia forms to oppose the raiders, these troops will also oppose the raiders. In addition, for every 300 watchmen (1 unit), 2.5% of the province levy can be mobilised to aid the defence.

600 Mercenary Light Cavalry (x2)

Total Siege Defence Modifier: +7

trade resources: perfume, fruits, gold, grain

Regional Bonuses

• "All the gold in Casterly Rock...": A famously rich region, the vaults of Casterly Rock are said to be filled with more gold than those of any other city or castle in Westeros. All characters start with an additional 50,000 Gold Dragons.
    • Talent for Coin: It is one thing to amass a fortune, and another to expand it. The Lannisters have done just that for centuries, and all characters get +5% income
    • Ancient Fortress: The Rock was built in or before the Age of Heroes, making it at least 8,000 years old, possibly older. It is carved into a great stone hill, giving it excellent natural defences, which are added to by thick walls and towers. Casterly Rock has never been taken in recorded history. it is the second largest castle after Harrenhal. +3 to defense rolls.
    • The Bowels of the Rock: The rocks prisons are renowned as the foulest and darkest prisons in the world, worse than the black cells. -3 to escape rolls when captured in the rock.

Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 17, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

Default Re: Casterly Rock, The Seat of House Lannister

A raven arrives from Duskendale, bearing the sigil of House Darklyn in dried blood red wax.

To Lord Garth Lannister, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands, High Lord of Casterly Rock and Lord of Casterly Rock ,

On behalf of the Lady of Duskendale, I write this letter to present a request of trade between Duskendale and Casterly Rock, exchanging gold and other metals brought up from the mines of the rock for perfumes and other products cultivated in the province of Duskendale.

Ser Denys Darke, Lord Chancellor of Duskendale

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

A small host of knights rode to Casterly Rock, lead at the front by Lord Wallace Reyne. The Westerlands we're going to war, but the Lord Paramount was nowhere to be seen. It was common knowledge that Lord Garth was very old and terribly sick, but the Westerlands needed a strong leader. If it meant that Lord Reyne somehow dethroned the Lannisters, so be it.

They arrive at Casterly Rock, requesting an audience with Lord Lannister or his representative if he was too ill to meet them.

Ser Ryker Clegane met them at the gate, recognizing the banners. The wolves gather.

The gates creaked open and Ryker and several watchmen stepped out.He towered over the others, his black armour gleaming dangerously in the sunlight and his broadsword hanging loosely from his belt. He held his helm under one arm. "Declare your intentions here." He said in a gruff voice.

A small party of Reachmen arrives to Casterly Rock from the Ocean Road. They carry white and gold banners, showing the emblem of house Rowan, as well as white flags to indicate that they come in peace. Their leader, the son of Lord Rowan, and his heir, Phillip.

I hope this works, he thought, as he approached the gates, removed his helm, and requested an audience with Lord Lannister.
    House Rowan of Golden Grove

Ryker called down from the gates "Lord Lannister is indisposed, Lady Aurelia is holding court."

Well that explains why the Rock has been so quiet about the war, he thought.

"Thank you, Sire. We request to speak with Lady Aurelia, then."

Clegane gave a short sigh. Damned Lord Garth needs to hurry up and die...

"Very well, follow me."
    The burly knight ordered the gate open and the knights were allowed inside under the watchful eyes of the guards. The House was vulnerable, and they knew it. Soon the troop was walking into the Rock itself, into a vaulted hall decorated with Lannister banners, the majesty of the meeting hall undiminished by the plight that now faced the House. Seated high on the throne was Aurelia, her golden hair flowing richly down her back in a loose braid, her beauty radiating throughout the entire room. Ryker, for one, was entranced as he usually was in her presence.

He came forward and bowed. "My Lady, representatives of the Reach come to seek an audience with House Lannister."

She nodded and Ryker backed away. Aurelia gave them a ravishing smile and began to speak in a slow, melodious tone. "Welcome to Casterly Rock, to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?"

Phillip walked in, followed by his knights and their squires. He was quite impressed when he noticed the luxury of the Rock of the Lannisters, though even more so when he saw the gorgeous golden lady that sat on the throne, high above everyone.

He found it hard to speak his words at first (he had prepared to speak with a senile old man, not a beautiful woman).

"M..my lady, thank you for accepting our visit. I hope Lord... uh... Garth soon recovers from his ilness," he said, while bowing.

He stoopd up.

"I am Ser Phillip Rowan, heir of my father, Lord Rowan. We have come here in peace, seeking the aid of house Lannister and the Westerlands."

Aurelia composed herself, her long auburn gown shimmering as she motioned for wine to be brought to her guests. Although she kept her smile, Rowan's words rekindled the acid in her gut. Garth was surviving too long. His clinging to life made her position more tenuous and she knew it. It gave her enemies too much time to organize and usurp her authority...

"What would you ask of us?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Ser Ryker Clegane met them at the gate, recognizing the banners. The wolves gather.

The gates creaked open and Ryker and several watchmen stepped out.He towered over the others, his black armour gleaming dangerously in the sunlight and his broadsword hanging loosely from his belt. He held his helm under one arm. "Declare your intentions here." He said in a gruff voice.
    Bloody dog, Wallace thought. Don't think you're above me just because you serve the Lannisters. He was very tempted to have the Clegane cut down then and there, but his business here had to go before that.

"I, Lord Wallace Reyne, seek an audience with Lord Lannister concerning matters of the whole realm. Out of confidentiality I cannot say anything more about this important mission to you, Ser Clegane. Just know that I represent the High Lords of the Westerlands."

Clegane gave a gruff, low laugh before leading the way into the Rock. After a short time he came into the presence of Lady Aurelia Lannister. She put on a flattering smile, but there was venom in her words.

"Lord Reyne, what a surprise to see you. I had expected you to be off fighting a war with a mighty host of Westermen."

Aurelia composed herself, her long auburn gown shimmering as she motioned for wine to be brought to her guests. Although she kept her smile, Rowan's words rekindled the acid in her gut. Garth was surviving too long. His clinging to life made her position more tenuous and she knew it. It gave her enemies too much time to organize and usurp her authority...

"What would you ask of us?"
    "Your involvement in the war, naturally. As Lord Tyrell's main force fights for King's Landing, our country is being raided, and we have no troops to defend our people from common bandits."

Phillip kept his eyes on hers.

What can I offer this woman to sway her on our side? he thought.

Lord Reyne bowed slightly before Aurelia.

"I have left my son Ser Robb in charge of the army. He has sent me a raven that he is currently laying siege to Riverrun. I am here to see what has happened with our Lord Paramount. To be frank, Milady, we are all concerned about the state of both Lord Garth and the Westerlands' participation in the war. Although he is old and fragile, the silence from your honored House forced us to take action without your command. I merely came to see how he is faring and also seek his late approval of our decision to support Daemon Blackfyre."

Quote Originally Posted by M. Laveur View Post
    "Your involvement in the war, naturally. As Lord Tyrell's main force fights for King's Landing, our country is being raided, and we have no troops to defend our people from common bandits."

Phillip kept his eyes on hers.

What can I offer this woman to sway her on our side? he thought.
    Aurelia gave pause. She knew it was only a matter of time before the Rock's gates would have to be opened to deal with reality, a reality she had done her best to forestall.

"I lament your country's plight."

She turned her head and laid a delicate hand on her cheek.

"I am but a woman, simple in the ways of warfare."

When in doubt play into their prejudices.

"I do not presume to know much in these matters, and rely on my retainers for counsel in the absence of my father. I invite you to speak plainly, what is it you would have us do?"

Let's get to the bottom of this.

She smiled sweetly

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Lord Reyne bowed slightly before Aurelia.

"I have left my son Ser Robb in charge of the army. He has sent me a raven that he is currently laying siege to Riverrun. I am here to see what has happened with our Lord Paramount. To be frank, Milady, we are all concerned about the state of both Lord Garth and the Westerlands' participation in the war. Although he is old and fragile, the silence from your honored House forced us to take action without your command. I merely came to see how he is faring and also seek his late approval of our decision to support Daemon Blackfyre."
    I care nothing for the state of the Kingdom so long as my rule is secure in the Westerlands.

She closed her eyes slowly, absorbing his short speech "My father's illness grows graver with each passing day. It has become a matter more concerning the septon than the maester, I'm afraid."

I hope you know what that means.

"He is not expected to survive the year."She feigned momentary grief
    "I have been kept up to date on the matter at hand. Being but a simple woman overcome with grief at the sickness of my house, I was incapable of acting, especially while my lordly father yet draws breath, however sickly. I fear the time has come for more decisive action and involvement. I cannot, and furthermore will not, interfere in the prosecution of this war. I trust that the High Lords have acted in concert and in the best interests of the Westerlands and the Kingdom in the action they have taken. I will therefore send a representative to the camps of our host. Ser Ryker Clegane will accompany you back to your command and act as my eyes and ears on the ground. You shall retain overall command while I consolidate things at the Rock. The gods will determine the victors of this conflict, I only pray you have thrown in our lot on the winning side."

Lions are always dangerous, young lady, Wallace thought. Your charades won't fool me, I have played this game far longer than you. He had to admit though, she played the frail woman quite naturally, but Wallace sensed a more devious
    creature behind the thin layer of weakness. The new generation of lions would not keep peace forever. Once they clashed, only one would stand victorious. Which castle would crumble?

"I shall pray for him, he was a good and honorable man. If I am in charge of our armies and represent the High Lords, then I believe that the political leadership will befall me as well? For the time being, of course, while Milady prepares herself for what we all fear will happen soon here at the Rock. Couldn't let such an important matter fall upon a lady when her father is waiting for the Stranger, now could we?"

Aurelia gave pause. She knew it was only a matter of time before the Rock's gates would have to be opened to deal with reality, a reality she had done her best to forestall.

"I lament your country's plight."

She turned her head and laid a delicate hand on her cheek.

"I am but a woman, simple in the ways of warfare."

When in doubt play into their prejudices.

"I do not presume to know much in these matters, and rely on my retainers for counsel in the absence of my father. I invite you to speak plainly, what is it you would have us do?"

Let's get to the bottom of this.

She smiled sweetly
    Phillip could see where this was going.

"I...I request the aid of Casterly Rock in the form of troops who shall ride with me to the Reach to reinforce our people and save our small folk from raiding bandits," he said, plainly.

He continued, with some disdain.

"By the actions of your Lords, it seems obvious that they have cared little for what the Rock has to say on which King they should support. Your people need a leader, my Lady. Shall you hide in these strong walls while they fight without a voice to guide them?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Lions are always dangerous, young lady, Wallace thought. Your charades won't fool me, I have played this game far longer than you. He had to admit though, she played the frail woman quite naturally, but Wallace sensed a more devious
    creature behind the thin layer of weakness. The new generation of lions would not keep peace forever. Once they clashed, only one would stand victorious. Which castle would crumble?

"I shall pray for him, he was a good and honorable man. If I am in charge of our armies and represent the High Lords, then I believe that the political leadership will befall me as well? For the time being, of course, while Milady prepares herself for what we all fear will happen soon here at the Rock. Couldn't let such an important matter fall upon a lady when her father is waiting for the Stranger, now could we?"
    Aurelia's smile fell flat "I think not. The greatness of House Lannister will not be diminished. I shall act as regent during my father's illness. If that is unsatisfactory for you, my Lord, then we shall have to re-evaluate the situation entirely. Are you capable of leading troops without setting your eyes on authority beyond your station. I've given you the opportunity to cover yourself in glory and honor, serve House Lannister faithfully, and you will be rewarded. Cross us and you will not live long enough to regret it. Would you care to take this opportunity to reaffirm your loyalty to House Lannister?"

If you think me as weak as that then you won't be long for this world, Reyne. Garth is as good as dead. Don't push your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Laveur View Post
    Phillip could see where this was going.

"I...I request the aid of Casterly Rock in the form of troops who shall ride with me to the Reach to reinforce our people and save our small folk from raiding bandits," he said, plainly.

He continued, with some disdain.

"By the actions of your Lords, it seems obvious that they have cared little for what the Rock has to say on which King they should support. Your people need a leader, my Lady. Shall you hide in these strong walls while they fight without a voice to guide them?"
    Aurelia furrowed her brow "And who wreaks this havoc in the Reach?"

Aurelia furrowed her brow "And who wreaks this havoc in the Reach?"
    She's offended? he wondered. Mayhaps this proud lion will fall...

"Dornish and Valemen swords, from our reports. Mercenaries without honor or cause. A so called warrior called the Lynx leads them."

Aurelia considered the position. The time for neutrality was coming to an end. The situation seemed to be spinning out of control.

"My High Lords have declared for Daemon Blackfyre, and as I understand it the Reach also fights on his behalf?"

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast