Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: TRS OOC Thread

Default TRS OOC Thread

I'm in the process of editing the rules, I'm going to get rid of some of the events, we should probably just make events more ad hoc anyway

Default Re: OOC Thread

Right, I updated the Aerarium since it is the best starting point. We control the territories I have designated as extracting tax revenue. You'll notice that those areas do not correspond to the red shaded areas on the map. I am unable to edit maps so it will stay that way unless someone updates it. I'd like someone to volunteer to edit the food bit and bring it up to date based on the regions I have started us with while I work on the starting military situation

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Shall I do the map? Just tell me what to do and you'll have it in 15 mins tops.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Forum should be organised as requested. PM me if there's anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Shall I do the map? Just tell me what to do and you'll have it in 15 mins tops.
    Look at the Aerarium thread and shade the provinces denoted as being taxed

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Forum should be organised as requested. PM me if there's anything wrong.
    All looks in order, thanks

Blog Entries

I am on the map, you'll have it in 10 minutes max.

Any thoughts of getting rid of the whole food thing? I still have my excel files to go back to, so it wouldn't be terrible to keep updated. Just seems better to deal with it through story/RP than worrying about if all the numbers add up every year. In the end it is just keeping the city of Rome supplied with grain that really matters. War in Africa, pirates raiding shipping fleets, slave uprisings in Sicily, & drought, etc, are all plenty viable stories/events that can happen without dealing with keeping giant tables that mods have to update and players need to read each year.

The Mad Skylord - Yesterday at 10:09 PM
    Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

I'd like to keep food a problem we have to deal with, but I don't like the way we currently do it. Would it be possible to use food as something we have to calculate every five years? Or maybe just as something moderators randomly interject with when things happen in game that would affect food? I wouldn't mind it being less of a formulaic system with set penalties and that sort of thing.

Also for the mod team so far I'd like Lucius, M, Rhature, and Stig on it if you're all willing.

Blog Entries

Here's the map. I've not shaded "Pannonia VI" since Pannonia has only till "V," and this seems to be some typo.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

THat looks great, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I'd like to keep food a problem we have to deal with, but I don't like the way we currently do it. Would it be possible to use food as something we have to calculate every five years? Or maybe just as something moderators randomly interject with when things happen in game that would affect food? I wouldn't mind it being less of a formulaic system with set penalties and that sort of thing.

Also for the mod team so far I'd like Lucius, M, Rhature, and Stig on it if you're all willing.
    Yes I am willing to mod.
    I prefer mostly story affecting food, but we could also throw in a 5 year check - say like if we had a new censor every five years - it would be something he would have to make sure is in order - contracts are correct/trade roads/ships are in good repair. Maybe just a simple contracts table instead of the monster food aerarium post we have now.

Also updated the maps of the city http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ap-of-the-City

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Yeah, that sounds like a better option. It's bad enough taking care of all the economic facets of the game and that's absolutely necessary to do

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Ready for the Regulans, my good friend, Ponti?
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

What should I do first if I want my char to focus on a military career rather than a political one (for now)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
    What should I do first if I want my char to focus on a military career rather than a political one (for now)?
    Id say become a military tribune for a consular army.

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

There's really no other choice than to be a senator.

Citizen

Yeah, TRS revolves more so around the political aspects. If you go military, you pretty much don't have anything eventful to do. Everything happens in the Senate.

If anyone needs a house I'd be pleased to have them because I want to have a gens that fights amongst themselves instead of me controlling them all, after playing AGOT as one family I want to have brothers/sons backstabbing me.

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's not to say a determined Senator isn't able to acquire a command for themselves, they just need to plan ahead and be ready for it when it happens.

Here's the map. I've not shaded "Pannonia VI" since Pannonia has only till "V," and this seems to be some typo.
    That territory is Cisalpine Gaul VI. We don't have anything in Pannonia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by stigwig View Post
    If anyone needs a house I'd be pleased to have them because I want to have a gens that fights amongst themselves instead of me controlling them all, after playing AGOT as one family I want to have brothers/sons backstabbing me.
    That's why in TRS, we have Senate intrigue and backstabbing rather than AGOT's family affairs. Trust me, once you get the hang of making public speeches, marrying into families and aligning yourself, it will be the same concept you are looking for.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast