View Poll Results: Should I change the cost of military units ? Since the factions earn more money in general ; they tend to recruit much larger armies than vanilla ETW.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, higher upkeep and recruitement prices.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, lower upkeep and recruitement prices.

0 0%
  • Yes, higher upkeep.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, higher recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower upkeep.

0 0%
  • No need for change.

0 0%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OLD - Main Thread

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

The updated mod is not yet released, I am doing some rebalacing work, trying to improve significantly the Battle AI !
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton The Great View Post
    Can you add the Morocco roster, too? along with a sub optional mod to increase morale and making battle last little longer!
    not a unique morocco rooster but,
    this pirate mod adds kurdish hillbillies, 8 inch mortars and race galleons to barbary group, of which Morocco belong to

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=#post13899122
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Congratulations, good job, very good mode dostum

I followed the installation directions exactly but had no results when I loaded the game up. Could steam be impacting it?

Hi Gout! Trying your mod and I'm impressed so far! Mixed it with Bran Mac Born AI improvement's and my battles are great! Also do you plan on adding units to the western powers? And what will you add in the next version?

Thank you so much for you work!

I planned on adding units to the western powers, but for now it is impossible. I now own a mac, which means I cannot mod for now, and am busy studying quite a lot.
    I need to find someone I can trust take care of the mod as I don't want to give it up for now ^^

Goutlard I'm playing the Ottomans and I'm in a pretty advanced campaign but I'm very interesting in your mod, its possible to install your mod and keep playing my campaign or should I restart it?

Waiting new version...

Okay I installed as directed but I'm only seeing unit names change, no campaign changes what more do I do. Do I extract the files from ottoman mod folder to main folder? Or is it my script is in the wrong spot.

C:\Windows.old\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Scratching my head here.

Update: Uninstalled everything and rebooted. Followed directions on the download site and still no change to campaign.

Update 2: Renamed mod folder to main_1 saw the change to the campaign setup, but the moment I started to play the game crashed.

Still unable to get the thing to work properly.
    Last edited by Request a new user name; September 28, 2014 at 09:56 AM.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

So, I can't get this mod to work properly. Having followed all the install instructions to the letter, I only get the new names for units. No new playable factions, no new technologies for the Ottomans. However, if I put the mod's scripting.lua and startpos.esf files into my main campaign folder, I can choose the added playable factions, but the game crashes while loading the new campaign.

Anybody want to help?

I'm using this, I think it did pretty good, I think I see some changes in the ai and naval battles. But, in campaign, in some regions I cannot recruit any soldiers, I don't know why, help?

plus, does your minor mods work with this overhaul? or is it already in the mod? I mean all of the minor mods?

And some sea ports doesn't work, no trading no sea routes.

There seems to be a problem with the infantry, line infantry, militia, etc. when I move them into a position to prepare to fire, they keep on side-stepping, moon-walking, I don't know what you call it. Because of it, my units aren't able to take out the enemy because they keep on moving. Help?

Hey, anyone having problem with the troops? they seem to keep on side-stepping and because of that they are unable to shoot their weapons. Anyone?

Hi,
    I am finally back, rising again from the ashes .
    I actually had no computer for a while.

I will fix, or die trying to fix, all the issues with this mod, improve it. For now the AI is a little bugged, it's system does not correspond combat system and as such the battles are way to easy. It is but a matter of time before it is done.

Unfortunatelly tough, all of the future additions were on my old, dead computer. As such I will need to do it again, later. Expect more polishing in the short run

Quote Originally Posted by L1Mavrick View Post
    I'm using this, I think it did pretty good, I think I see some changes in the ai and naval battles. But, in campaign, in some regions I cannot recruit any soldiers, I don't know why, help?

plus, does your minor mods work with this overhaul? or is it already in the mod? I mean all of the minor mods?

And some sea ports doesn't work, no trading no sea routes.
    The reason why some regions cannot recruit any soldiers is population. A regiment is considered consisting of 600 soldiers (which is rather close to historically accurate). As such regions where you recruit loose 600 population. I have limited the minimum recruitment population to 1000 so that it never goes below 400. For if I set it lower, 100 population with 1% growth rate would mean... Hundreds of turns to have enough population replenished. That's way too much gameplay wise.

There is a mansupply system in this game indeed it was not enabled by default. I enabled it.

This mod is compatible with all graphical, texture, sound mods that you can imagine. It is also with AI mods that will replace the darthmod AI, you can also combine it with unit mods, they'll work. No CTD normally (I cannot guarantee it) but it will be unbalanced and messy.
    Last edited by Goutlard; May 22, 2015 at 02:07 PM.

News for all : Upcoming version :

New Morale System :

Rather than a troop per troop morale, a brand new army morale. As such, units are no more extremelly affected by their own losses, but of those of the army as a whole. This feature makes the battle more challenging, as focusing fire on a few units is no more enough to cause an escalating mass retreat. It has a much more important effect than you may imagine. The % losses for routs have not changed.

Battlefield Engineers and you will be able to use them to build all defensive structures or have them use grappling hooks in sieges. No more units have grappling hooks, as it was massivelly unbalanced siege-wise.

A new religion system. I won't tell you much yet about it.

And a new, much more accurate prestige system, relating prestige more to actual might

Great Goutlard, Waiting..

Great cant wait Goutlard! Love your mod! Also is a AUM version of OTO possible?

Awesome! Very interesting mod with the Ottomans

Icon7 Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.0 : Darthmod AI, fully new Campaign and Battle Gameplay, New units, New buildings effects, Edited Technologies, Ottoman Overhaul !

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    The range is normal I wanted to test new ranges and see feedback. Hwever the Hungarian Line Infantry routing at 7 men makes no sense, can you explain me what was the problem ?

I am trying to make a mod that combines realism and arcade. That is why I decided to give on the one hand realistic kill rates for ranged weapons ; a much more alive and closer to reality morale meanwhile I give slightly exaggerated bonuses for killing enemies so that the balanced battles take a long time and have up to 40-60% casualties before rout rather than the standard 20-30% when the balance is strongly in favour of one side.

This results in decisive (well less than Empire Total War Vanilla) engagements on balanced battles meanwhile a lack of organisation or a failed assault causes retreat of the loosing side before it being destroyed.
    maybe a late reply but I really hated how you guys just completely removed anything that had to do with kurds, like changing kurdish hillmen to caucausian hillmen, while we kurds have contributed a lot to the ottomon empire, the bodygaurd of sultan hamid were the hamidiye who were almost all kurdish!!

I dont know why you completely removed kurds maybe because about the tensions and polotics but that doesnt mean you can just remove a piece of history so I hope you will bring them back in a new patch

Hello Goutlord! I respect you for such great overhaul project. I'm new to empire tw so i have a noob question. Does your total overhaul include naval projectile-land projectile minor mods?? Thank you again for this awesome work^^
    And lastly does this mod work with AUM??? thanks
    Last edited by yaVuz; July 04, 2015 at 03:28 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast