Page 85 of 482 FirstFirst ... 3560757677787980818283848586878889909192939495110135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 9638

Thread: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat

Default Re: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    It will probably take a while before anything interesting comes from little Valarr as he's only a year old. Maybe in his teens.

Not in my mind, he won't have an interest in Edgerton, his goals will lie elsewhere.
    Well, I will start to RP Rhaenyra more often next year, when she is at least five years old. If the mother has interest to interact with her, I would be fine with that.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: Tourney of King Daemon Blackfyre - Melee

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    I used the stats posted in the sign-up thread. If they're wrong, that's the fault of the person posting them. Am I supposed to track down the full RP of every character to ensure their stats are correct?
    That's because I was unaware that weapons boni are also taken into account. They shouldn't be at tourneys, because you wouldn't take a sharp weapon to a tourney. And when I saw that weapons can be used in LM's post, I even posted that Marq does have a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Marq was quick to react. He had expected a Baratheon to charge into battle. He raised his shield, the hand-and-a-half sword doing nothing more than biting into the thick oak. He thought he was lucky that he had his shield reinforced before the battle. An unbanded shield would have surely split under the force of Galladon's blow. This fish might be a bit too big for me to fry, he thought as he took a step backward and assessed the situation. His own sword suddenly lashed out to Baratheon's side, splitting the air.

Traits and equipment:
    Skills: +2 duel (+7 with equipment), +2 survival, +3 weapon, full armour.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Re: Tourney of King Daemon Blackfyre - Melee

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    That's because I was unaware that weapons boni are also taken into account. They shouldn't be at tourneys, because you wouldn't take a sharp weapon to a tourney. And when I saw that weapons can be used in LM's post, I even posted that Marq does have a sword.
    Other people signed up with the equipment before I edited mine in. I wasn't sure if people could use them or not. Though something told me that they couldn't, I wasn't sure.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Hello,

Happy new year everyone!

I would like to start playing this RPG. Any suggestions as to where would be a good place to start?

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Happy new year to you as well!
    If I were you I'd avoid Dorne and the Iron Islands. They always tend to be a bit isolated.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Busiest: Westerlands, North
    Quite busy: Riverlands, Reach, Vale
    Quite quiet: Iron Islands, Crownlands
    Quietest: Dorne

I think, off the top of my head. As a player in the two busiest I know:

Westerlands: Houses Lannister, Lefford, Reyne, Sarsfield and Kenning are players.
    North: Houses Stark(?), Karstark, Glover, Reed, Bolton, Voskari (I'm sure I'm forgetting one here somewhere) are players.

All Lords Paramount are taken I believe.

You forgot the Stormlands, Poach. Although I think it'd be quiet since the only player there is LM.

Crownlands are quiet, but I suppose the capital is somewhat active.
    Last edited by Xion; January 02, 2014 at 12:27 PM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I did indeed, how terrible of me. LM controls two houses there, though: Baratheon of Storm's End and Targaryen of Summerhall.

Thanks a lot guys!

I was thinking Dondarrion at first but since it may be too quiet I think I'm gonna go with Mallister of Seagard (most interesting houses in the North or Westerlands seem already taken, plus overpopulation might not be good either).

I'll start setting up my house and stuff, will post if I need help, thanks!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Thanks a lot guys!

I was thinking Dondarrion at first but since it may be too quiet I think I'm gonna go with Mallister of Seagard (most interesting houses in the North or Westerlands seem already taken, plus overpopulation might not be good either).

I'll start setting up my house and stuff, will post if I need help, thanks!
    I will say that Dondarrion is married to Baratheon through the daughter of Old Lord Dondarrion who is married to the Lord Paramount and Hand of the King, Meldred the Kingmaker

It would be nice to have some vassals, but ah well.

Edit: Don't forget Oz who controls House Connington

psh, don't steal players from the riverlands <3

And about a Crownlader House? There are a few left, like Celtigars, who even have a Valyrian axe. Also they are tied by marriage and kin with the former Targaryen King, and his heir apparent, currently Lord of Massey's Hook, Matarys, who is the nephew of Lord Celtigar, whoever he may be.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Citizen

There are tons of other houses to sign up as in the Crownlands though. Vassals to Xion's char, who is the Queen, vassals to Dragonstone and Bywater who are controlled by influential characters.

Stormlander house would be nice as it is quiet now. North is becoming important with the loss of House Stark. Dorne is quiet with Rafs being busy in rl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    There are tons of other houses to sign up as in the Crownlands though. Vassals to Xion's char, who is the Queen, vassals to Dragonstone and Bywater who are controlled by influential characters.

Stormlander house would be nice as it is quiet now. North is becoming important with the loss of House Stark. Dorne is quiet with Rafs being busy in rl.
    Of course, as Rosbys themselves! Or Hollard...
    But, who has a Valyrian steel axe? Only Celtigars! They are awesome, they have something I love... But however Stormlands are pretty much isolated and neglected by the rpyers, and Dorne is quiet, and not trully important.

No way boys, the Riverlands is where the party is!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    Of course, as Rosbys themselves! Or Hollard...
    But, who has a Valyrian steel axe? Only Celtigars! They are awesome, they have something I love... But however Stormlands are pretty much isolated and neglected by the rpyers, and Dorne is quiet, and not trully important.
    Plenty of other houses with VS weapons available. House Drumm, Mormont, and Roxton for example. Celtigars aren't the only one.

Stormlands aren't isolated, not anymore due to recent events involving Meldred.
    Dorne is important! Rhaegel has them in debt to him which could turn into something very interesting. Its just that the ruler is not around much to rp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Plenty of other houses with VS weapons available. House Drumm, Mormont, and Roxton for example. Celtigars aren't the only one.

Stormlands aren't isolated, not anymore due to recent events involving Meldred.
    Dorne is important! Rhaegel has them in debt to him which could turn into something very interesting. Its just that the ruler is not around much to rp.
    Yes, yes, I know, but they are either on pretty unactractive regions, as Drumm, or in already very active, North. Roxton is an exception, however.
    He is the Kingmaker, ok, but what would that mean for his vassals?
    Dorne is Martell, and Martell is not an active player, such the Princedom's importance right now is at it's lowest. Because their "boat" lack the captain.

Just because Martell is inactive, doesn't mean there can't be any rp done with Dorne. People could try to win over vassal houses to weaken Martell..for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    Just because Martell is inactive, doesn't mean there can't be any rp done with Dorne. People could try to win over vassal houses to weaken Martell..for example.
    Yronwood tried, as I tried as Harlaw, and failed. Dorne and the Iron Islands are pretty uninteresting right now.

Anyway, Ozy will choose whatever House he desires, so...

I didn't mean try to replace Martell.