Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread

Default Feedback Thread

Please post feedback here (except bugs which go in the bug thread) as feedback is all over the forum at the moment and this will help keep things organised.

Default Re: Feedback Thread

I'm going to take a break now, if there are any other bugs or issues please post them. Most importantly of all, enjoy the mod.

Well, its been a hell of a day. Hopefully that origional CTD thing (which is now fixed by the ... fix) was the only problem.

I hope everybody enjoys playing the mod!

Feel free to post interesting screen shots and descriptions of battles/campaigns.

As for me, i'm away to bed

Banned's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Civitate

Well, i've got to say a lot about the game.

First of all, it is fantastic in terms of its historical and mythological accuracy and its association with many aspects of TROY, the movie makes it even better.

Secondly, the game is still full of bugs and really needs a lot of debugging and fixing even after the bug-fixer Zhuge provided as an attachment.When i start the single player i get just two options-'main campaign' and 'custom battle'.the next i get are two '-' which take me to sort of historical battles where all my army is already destroyed prior to the battle, i mean it starts in the sea.
    The next thing is that the in-game voices of soldiers(some of them) make no sense.One cannot expect a Trojan soldier saying 'HAIL ROME' during deployment.ROME wasn't even born around the the time of Trojans(1180 BC) ABOVE ALL.
    Yet another thing is-I was playing as the Trojans against the Spartans.I wondered when the MYRMIDONS routed so quickly in VH without giving any tough fight to meus soldiers.One dooming blow behind them and the battle is yours-you see.It really wasn't supposed to be so easy.
    I do not have a very good graphics card to enjoy RTW OR TTW but still the graphics are pretty good.But the ones in TTW are creating trouble for my gameplay experience.And the GUI textures could be well used as the same as in RTW vanilla.
    Above all of it, apart from historic and mythic approach of the mod, the other thing that fascinates me is the video sequence in B/W.It's really a VGOOD idea.Good approach, Zhuge and team.Well done!!!

EDIT-I edit my post to add a little bit with reference to my experience so far.
    PLEASE EMPHASISE ON THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE EVERYBODY-
    THE DOWNLOAD WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.
    I mean some time ago i felt-"yes it's TROY so it will be great of course" but i was wrong.The game has a big bunch of bugs that i forgot to add in the bugs thread.Somebody said about the unbalanced gameplay and he was cent percent right in saying that.The archers have full control over the battlefield.At first i thought they get some god power or something like that as in Age of Mythology which gives them the ability to be superior to all in the field.And above all, they aren't expensive as well.I used them against cavalry, infantry and most importantly the Myrmidones who are the most powerful and one of the most expensive soldiers in TTW.Against all of them, at last i was left to say just this-
    "I think i can win a battle with 120 archers of Troy against at most 1500 infantrymen of Sparta"
    This was my quote while playing in VH mode.
    Another thing is that actually mostly every faction has approximately same sort of soldiers as far as my exp. is concerned.As whomever i play i always get to see the Myrmidones among the unit cards.But that's O.K. as it's much accurate according to history and above all mythology.But the boast that each faction has at least 20 different unique units is completely false.
    ---And one last thing---
    Most of the maps in custom battle are consisting of oceans and as soon as i enter the battlefield to deploy my troops i see dead men in the sea including the generals.So, i ask you all what is the purpose of downloading a MOD that's still not complete and still has a lot of bugs which need to be fixed???
    Here, it's not possible to tell about all the problems i received during the game but i will be posting new feedbacks soon to help others as well.
    @ Zhuge_Liang:
    SORRY for active criticism but you must accept this fact that the mod needs to be fixed and trimmed to a great extent.We will be happy to see new attachments of fixes with your posts.
    Again, I salute the team for giving significance to reality(i mean real hellenic names and other aspects which look real) and i'm not of course uninstalling it but waiting for the fixes,
    eagerly('_').
    Sorry for the huge post intended to serve for the benefit of others.
    Last edited by Banned; October 02, 2006 at 02:59 AM.

hey, Achile has the face of Brad Pitt

Civitate

yes that's right.Even Hector's textures have been taken from the movie-he's actually Eric Bana.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Good mod Zhuge_Liang and co!

I'm finding some unit descriptions missing "Non-localised placement text".... I will fill them in myself if I can find appropriate descriptions - the names are too confusing for me as yet to identify which unit-types I am dealing with - I need some background information to give formation placement some realism for these units... (EDIT: sorry if this belongs in a bug thread).

Overall I enjoy, especially the "this was ancient to the ancients" feel.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMANUS.INVICTUS
    Well, i've got to say a lot about the game.

First of all, it is fantastic in terms of its historical and mythological accuracy and its association with many aspects of TROY, the movie makes it even better.

Secondly, the game is still full of bugs and really needs a lot of debugging and fixing even after the bug-fixer Zhuge provided as an attachment.When i start the single player i get just two options-'main campaign' and 'custom battle'.the next i get are two '-' which take me to sort of historical battles where all my army is already destroyed prior to the battle, i mean it starts in the sea..
    If you read the description they are disabled hence the "-" button, they are not meant to be pressed.

The next thing is that the in-game voices of soldiers(some of them) make no sense.One cannot expect a Trojan soldier saying 'HAIL ROME' during deployment.ROME wasn't even born around the the time of Trojans(1180 BC) ABOVE ALL..

Yet another thing is-I was playing as the Trojans against the Spartans.I wondered when the MYRMIDONS routed so quickly in VH without giving any tough fight to meus soldiers.One dooming blow behind them and the battle is yours-you see.It really wasn't supposed to be so easy..
    This is normal, they are great fighters and could kill thousands of men if used correctly (ie on a bridge or in a street) but even heros have their limits.

I do not have a very good graphics card to enjoy RTW OR TTW but still the graphics are pretty good.But the ones in TTW are creating trouble for my gameplay experience.And the GUI textures could be well used as the same as in RTW vanilla.
    Above all of it, apart from historic and mythic approach of the mod, the other thing that fascinates me is the video sequence in B/W.It's really a VGOOD idea.Good approach, Zhuge and team.Well done!!!.
    EDIT-I edit my post to add a little bit with reference to my experience so far.
    PLEASE EMPHASISE ON THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE EVERYBODY-
    THE DOWNLOAD WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.
    I mean some time ago i felt-"yes it's TROY so it will be great of course" but i was wrong.The game has a big bunch of bugs that i forgot to add in the bugs thread.Somebody said about the unbalanced gameplay and he was cent percent right in saying that.The archers have full control over the battlefield.At first i thought they get some god power or something like that as in Age of Mythology which gives them the ability to be superior to all in the field.And above all, they aren't expensive as well.I used them against cavalry, infantry and most importantly the Myrmidones who are the most powerful and one of the most expensive soldiers in TTW.Against all of them, at last i was left to say just this-
    "I think i can win a battle with 120 archers of Troy against at most 1500 infantrymen of Sparta"
    This was my quote while playing in VH mode..
    I like the archers this way (as do others) but i will change them since some people have complained (3).

Another thing is that actually mostly every faction has approximately same sort of soldiers as far as my exp. is concerned.As whomever i play i always get to see the Myrmidones among the unit cards.But that's O.K. as it's much accurate according to history and above all mythology.But the boast that each faction has at least 20 different unique units is completely false..
    We never said they have 20 units each, but each faction does have a large selection of unique units. The reason why the ELITE units of each faction are avalible for every faction is because they are recruitable as hidden resources (but i doubt you've even played the campaign).

---And one last thing---
    Most of the maps in custom battle are consisting of oceans and as soon as i enter the battlefield to deploy my troops i see dead men in the sea including the generals.So, i ask you all what is the purpose of downloading a MOD that's still not complete and still has a lot of bugs which need to be fixed???.
    I had been told this was fixed and when a tried two or three maps which worked i had no reason to believe otherwise. I will fix this soon.

Here, it's not possible to tell about all the problems i received during the game but i will be posting new feedbacks soon to help others as well.
    @ Zhuge_Liang:
    SORRY for active criticism but you must accept this fact that the mod needs to be fixed and trimmed to a great extent.We will be happy to see new attachments of fixes with your posts.
    Again, I salute the team for giving significance to reality(i mean real hellenic names and other aspects which look real) and i'm not of course uninstalling it but waiting for the fixes,
    eagerly('_').
    Sorry for the huge post intended to serve for the benefit of others.
    No problem, but please remember that i am a 3d artist, not a coder and i have to do everything myself for this mod.

Civitate

@ Zhuge_Liang:
    Is it????I mean i really didn't know that it's a one man effort.But then i should double thank you for this mod.
    With reference to my feedback in the previous post i only described what i experienced in the game.
    And by the way, could you help me in dealing with the problem of two '-'s in the single player menu out which one takes me to a battle between partial moon-flagged faction and the other i don't remember.The other '-' takes me to two default historical battles in bi which result in crash to desktop.
    Again SORRY, if went tooooo beyond.

@ Zhuge_Liang:
    Is it????I mean i really didn't know that it's a one man effort.But then i should double thank you for this mod.
    With reference to my feedback in the previous post i only described what i experienced in the game.
    And by the way, could you help me in dealing with the problem of two '-'s in the single player menu out which one takes me to a battle between partial moon-flagged faction and the other i don't remember.The other '-' takes me to two default historical battles in bi which result in crash to desktop.
    Again SORRY, if went tooooo beyond.

Please, i would love to know how to get rid of them, but nobody asnwers my questions in the mod workshop. Does anybody know? If so, then i will do it.

Also, who shouts out romes finest etc? They shouldn't. Have you deleted events.idx in the sounds foldeR?

edmont's Avatar Miles

The game runs smooth but some problem with Rhodos it's often visited by enemies and when my army attack them the sandwatch going forewer not starting the pre-battle screen

Quote Originally Posted by edmont
    The game runs smooth but some problem with Rhodos it's often visited by enemies and when my army attack them the sandwatch going forewer not starting the pre-battle screen
    I don't know what your mean.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang
    Also, who shouts out romes finest etc? They shouldn't. Have you deleted events.idx in the sounds foldeR?

I did the deletion of events.idx as was mentioned in the instructions.I also did wonder by listening to 'Hail Rome', called out by some Trojan soldier.As the file is already deleted by me, i don't think it should happen.What could be the possible reason for it???Rest is running smoothly except that single player screen bug i mentioned before.It's rather fun.
    I again thank you for the B/W idea.It really takes me to the ancient world of TROY, one of my favourites instilling in the environment, the essence of a Trojan era.MAGNEFICIO!!!
    Last edited by Banned; October 02, 2006 at 08:02 AM.

I did the deletion of events.idx as was mentioned in the instructions.I also did wonder by listening to 'Hail Rome', called out by some Trojan soldier.As the file is already deleted by me, i don't think it should happen.What could be the possible reason for it???Rest is running smoothly except that single player screen bug i mentioned before.It's rather fun.
    I again thank you for the B/W idea.It really takes me to the ancient world of TROY, one of my favourites instilling in the environment, the essence of a Trojan era.MAGNEFICIO!!!
    Yes indeed, and i will make a patch to fix those errors as soon as somebody tells me how

edmont's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang
    I don't know what your mean.
    When I try to attack enemy army from my city(Rhodos) then pre-battle screen don't appear instead of it I see that sandwatch which you can see when your army moves for exemple loading and loading so after while I have to alt+F4 to stop program because other commands don't work.It's happens mostly when you have general in army. P.S. On islands there smth weird with your general units they dissappear from the screen sometimes but can be found through army panel.
    Last edited by edmont; October 02, 2006 at 02:54 PM.

Hmm, very starnge, if other people also experience it then i'll have to look into it in detail.

Awesome.

ROMANUS.INVICTUS, I tink the game is meant to be played for the campian not singleplayer battles.

I get the centurian prolem, all my men are yelling out hail rome and some maps don't work.

Besides that...
    The - issue isn't a problem, if you can't disable hem, leave them, it doesn't take a genius to figure out they can't be used.
    The culture/religion Idea was fantastic, As troy I kep getting revolts and I'm only steadly gaining ground in grease.
    Troy in modern day turky is being over ran, I have 3 settlements left, everything else is gone (so I', using a scorched earth policy, reducing my cities to rubble then making a last stand.

However the game isa bit of a seige feast, the only thing that stops this is the slow movement rate, which means that I can useually catch the AI in the feild, but they keep trying to seige me (although they pulled a good move, they used ships (I know it hardly ever happens to me!) to sail round my line of forts to hit my weak towns.

The only thing I can think that would improve it...a historic battle of troy!

Quote Originally Posted by Alatar
    Awesome.

ROMANUS.INVICTUS, I tink the game is meant to be played for the campian not singleplayer battles.

I get the centurian prolem, all my men are yelling out hail rome and some maps don't work.

Besides that...
    The - issue isn't a problem, if you can't disable hem, leave them, it doesn't take a genius to figure out they can't be used.
    The culture/religion Idea was fantastic, As troy I kep getting revolts and I'm only steadly gaining ground in grease.
    Troy in modern day turky is being over ran, I have 3 settlements left, everything else is gone (so I', using a scorched earth policy, reducing my cities to rubble then making a last stand.

However the game isa bit of a seige feast, the only thing that stops this is the slow movement rate, which means that I can useually catch the AI in the feild, but they keep trying to seige me (although they pulled a good move, they used ships (I know it hardly ever happens to me!) to sail round my line of forts to hit my weak towns.

The only thing I can think that would improve it...a historic battle of troy!
    I'm glad you like it. The fix version two should remove those voices, but audio in rome is very starnge. The fix also fixes the custom battle maps although it reduces the number of places you can fight.

i play cretans (minoeans) N/N.
    it's really too easy for the moment because minoeans have time to grow and have lot of money to conquer peloponesians.

the game is very good, i like the few cost of the units.
    units are very nice.

i come back for a new feed back when i will win the 50 cities.
    Hegemonia's historian, coder, skinner, 2D work... and all the rest too !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast