Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tournament of King Daemon Blackfyre (Non-Tourney RP Thread)

Default Re: Tournament of King Daemon Blackfyre (Non-Tourney RP Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    "Very true, a song and bite that may linger with those cut with the blade of a Dornishman sometimes as well." Lucia smirks, and as they are walking, she nods. "Well, the siege of Yronwood continues, with most of the men of the realm there." Dayne speaks in almost a whisper, leaning closer to Valena as she does. "Heard a rumor in the encampment of the Prince that this all began due to Yronwood conspiring with either Reachmen or Stormlords to aid him in overthrowing our Prince." She then sighs. "Other than that, Dorne has been peaceful of late, not including the feuds of the border."
    "My poor Yronwood cousins. I hope they are allright." Valena said. "That is why there are so little Dornish men around.. my brother Norne has become master of Whispers. IF more dornish came to court, we could expand our influence."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post

It is indeed such great honor for the Baratheons. I only hope to reach as high of prestige as my brother and twin sister have become.

Orys watches as she played with some of her hair, smiling lightly. He pauses for a moment before speaking further.

Have you been taking care of the rose with the closed bud I gave you? Has it bloomed yet, mi'lady?
    "I am sure you will find a way." Lynesse said. "The same as with the flower, it might just take some time.." she smiled a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    Lord Tully was also present, among with his children. Though he wasn't that fascinated about tourneys, as this time of his youth was over with winning the tourney at Harrenhall, the man, known as the Fish Knight, nevertheless gave Daryn and his sister Edlyn, a sweet girl of six years, the opportunity to admire the spectacular tourneys in the capital. Edric himself couldn't remember, when he watched his last tourney as a child, he only knew, that his father has shown him very early in life the world of knights at the tourney grounds of Ashford, over two decades ago. While Edlyn wasn't all too fascinated by it and rather looked either for her mother or someone at her age, the young Daryn looked kind of confused to the tourney grounds, sitting near young Rhaenys Targaryen, the daughter of Edric's brother Lord Daryn.

The poet was as always dressed in the black colours of his House, a red dragon on his chest, while not looking all too convinced by the upcoming fight. He knew that Rhaenys would have been sad, if he wouldn't have taken her to the tourney and was finally encouraged by his brother to take the child also with him, nevertheless he wasn't convinced at all, if children should be allowed to watch a slaughterfeast. Even more it had surprised Daryn, that his brother, due to his little trauma at Harrenhall, seemed to have forgotten as a tourney champion himself, what it means to be a tourney knight and how bloody the outcomes could be.
    At least, there seems to be no knight of House Ashford taking part this time...
    After seeing the king, Danelle Tully turned to her husband. "Lynesse has gone mad." she complained to her husband in a whispering tone. "I believe she is smitten with prince Aemon Blackfyre. And he showers her with compliments, I even saw him riding with her favour. We must do something to prevent this."
    Last edited by Alexandrine; January 03, 2014 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    After seeing the king, Danelle Tully turned to her husband. "Lynesse has gone mad." she complained to her husband in a whispering tone. "I believe she is smitten with prince Aemon Blackfyre. And he showers her with compliments, I even saw him riding with her favour. We must do something to prevent this."
    He looked up curious.
    "Have we?", he asked her also whispering, "To be fair, I don't mind her to marry a Prince, so why would you do, darling? If it does benefit a strong alliance between the Crownlands and the Riverlands in case the Westerlands threaten us again, I rather think it's the best, what could happen to us. I have also benefited from Daryn's marriage, even when it only gave us a short time of period to decide, that we should bent the knee to Blackfyre - so why do you look so furious about a marriage with a king's son?"
    Though he was deep inside calm and just glad about the slightly restored peace in the realm, Edric wasn't able to understand the problem of his wife. Was she really that alienated by the war or was it just himself, who couldn't think clear anymore.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

"I am sure you will find a way." Lynesse said. "The same as with the flower, it might just take some time.." she smiled a little.
    Orys smiles at her, seeing her lips curl into a pretty little display of her beauty and youth.

I am more than willing to wait and see the rose bloom as well. For it will be so beautiful, but not as beautiful as you are, mi'lady.

He slowly takes her hand into hers and kisses it gently. Alright, Orys, good approach, good approach. Now don't mess it up! Here is your chance!
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

He looked up curious.
    "Have we?", he asked her also whispering, "To be fair, I don't mind her to marry a Prince, so why would you do, darling? If it does benefit a strong alliance between the Crownlands and the Riverlands in case the Westerlands threaten us again, I rather think it's the best, what could happen to us. I have also benefited from Daryn's marriage, even when it only gave us a short time of period to decide, that we should bent the knee to Blackfyre - so why do you look so furious about a marriage with a king's son?"
    Though he was deep inside calm and just glad about the slightly restored peace in the realm, Edric wasn't able to understand the problem of his wife. Was she really that alienated by the war or was it just himself, who couldn't think clear anymore.
    "Don't call me darling." she snapped at him. "Marrying his son to the dragon was the most foolish thing you father has done. You tell me I should tell her to marry that Blackfyre boy? Didn't you hear that he already has a bastard. Besides, sooner or later the dragons will turn on each other again, and then what? What alliance will have to thank for? And who will be in the middle of all violence and chaos? My little sister! It might be warm under the dragon's wing, but come too close to it, and you will burn."

Orys smiles at her, seeing her lips curl into a pretty little display of her beauty and youth.

I am more than willing to wait and see the rose bloom as well. For it will be so beautiful, but not as beautiful as you are, mi'lady.

He slowly takes her hand into hers and kisses it gently. Alright, Orys, good approach, good approach. Now don't mess it up! Here is your chance!
    Lynesse giggled a bit. "Stop it, your making me blush."

Citizen

Lynesse giggled a bit. "Stop it, your making me blush."

But a lady blushing is the beautiful sight to see...like a rose opening its bud. A sight of awe-inspiring beauty and wonder.

Orys smiles lightly, hoping she would understand the purpose of why he gave her such a flower in the first place.

The Dondarrions arrive to the tourney. Old Lord Stafford rides on a horse made for a young knight, looking ridiculously tiny on top of the thick beast. Behind him rides his son Ser Joseth, and the lord's 2 grandsons, Duram and Duncan, each carrying a standard with the two bolts of their house's sigil. Upon noticing Lord Meldred and Orys Baratheon, the 4 men approach them.

"My Liege," spoke Ser Joseth first, not waiting for Stafford's slow pace. "How are you this day fine day?"

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    The Dondarrions arrive to the tourney. Old Lord Stafford rides on a horse made for a young knight, looking ridiculously tiny on top of the thick beast. Behind him rides his son Ser Joseth, and the lord's 2 grandsons, Duram and Duncan, each carrying a standard with the two bolts of their house's sigil. Upon noticing Lord Meldred and Orys Baratheon, the 4 men approach them.

"My Liege," spoke Ser Joseth first, not waiting for Stafford's slow pace. "How are you this day fine day?"
    As soon as Ser Joseth arrives, Orys departed into the crowd. Meldred hears someone speak to him, turning to see his brother-in-law, Joseth Dondarrion. He smiles lightly, hearing Old Stafford making his towards them. He turns, tapping the shoulder of his wife to turn. While she does, Meldred smiles.

Good to see you make it, Joseth. Galladon has already won two rounds in the jousting and one in the melee.

"My poor Yronwood cousins. I hope they are allright." Valena said. "That is why there are so little Dornish men around.. my brother Norne has become master of Whispers. IF more dornish came to court, we could expand our influence."
    "Considering our prince seems content to stare at the walls until Yronwood decides to surrender, I believe they will be fine. Barring the one or two some sentires caught trying to escape and now are guests of the Prince." Lucia nods, then stares at her confused. "Norne? He returned to Westeros?" she ponders the idea of going to the court. "Indeed, we could.I'll mention the notion to some of the lords when I return to Yronwood to continue staring at the walls."
    Last edited by Xion; January 03, 2014 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    "Considering our prince seems content to stare at the walls until Yronwood decides to surrender, I believe they will be fine. Barring the one or two some sentires caught trying to escape and now are guests of the Prince." Lucia nods, then stares at her confused. "Norne? He returned to Westeros?" she ponders the idea of going to the court. "Indeed, we could.I'll mention the notion to some of the lords when I return to Yronwood to continue staring at the walls."
    "How odious it must be, staring at those walls. They are certainly not the most pretty ones. Tall, they might be. It would be most pleasing if you could, this city could use a Dornish party."

But a lady blushing is the beautiful sight to see...like a rose opening its bud. A sight of awe-inspiring beauty and wonder.

Orys smiles lightly, hoping she would understand the purpose of why he gave her such a flower in the first place.
    "Beautiful? I always found it quite.. distasteful." she laughed "Silly boy. You do make me laugh."

Citizen

"Beautiful? I always found it quite.. distasteful." she laughed "Silly boy. You do make me laugh."

Silly boy, maybe. However like every good poet and scholar, a hopeless romantic, more so.

Orys smiles some more, glad to have made her laugh. Seems his attempts were working so far.

"How odious it must be, staring at those walls. They are certainly not the most pretty ones. Tall, they might be. It would be most pleasing if you could, this city could use a Dornish party."
    "Indeed, they are not." Lucia smiles. "I'll try..and I suppose it does, we've seen what happens when the Dornish decide to neglect the capital."

As soon as Ser Joseth arrives, Orys departed into the crowd. Meldred hears someone speak to him, turning to see his brother-in-law, Joseth Dondarrion. He smiles lightly, hearing Old Stafford making his towards them. He turns, tapping the shoulder of his wife to turn. While she does, Meldred smiles.

Good to see you make it, Joseth. Galladon has already won two rounds in the jousting and one in the melee.
    "Wouldn't miss it," he said, shaking his hand, and turning towards his sister, who he greeted with a strong hug, lifting her. "How's life in Storm's End treating you, Ravie?" he said, with the nickname he had given her since their childhood.

"It's good to see that at least a part of my kin is doing something worthy with his life!" yelled Lord Stafford, who walked closer with every step, aided by his two grandsons. He was way too far for it to seem natural that he heard the comment about Galladon, however his eyes were still as good as in his forties, and had managed to read Meldred's lips from afar.

"These two slackers," he said, reffering to the grandsons who carried him around. "They couldn't even manage to qualify for the melee... the bloody melee!"

Joseth, making sure he was facing his sister and brother-in-law, and giving his back to his father, spoke freely,

"Gods help me... he's grumpier every year, I swear."

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    "Wouldn't miss it," he said, shaking his hand, and turning towards his sister, who he greeted with a strong hug, lifting her. "How's life in Storm's End treating you, Ravie?" he said, with the nickname he had given her since their childhood.

"It's good to see that at least a part of my kin is doing something worthy with his life!" yelled Lord Stafford, who walked closer with every step, aided by his two grandsons. He was way too far for it to seem natural that he heard the comment about Galladon, however his eyes were still as good as in his forties, and had managed to read Meldred's lips from afar.

"These two slackers," he said, reffering to the grandsons who carried him around. "They couldn't even manage to qualify for the melee... the bloody melee!"

Joseth, making sure he was facing his sister and brother-in-law, and giving his back to his father, spoke freely,

"Gods help me... he's grumpier every year, I swear."
    Before Meldred could respond, Galladon came through the crowd, holding his helmet and look slightly disheveled. He takes a seat near his family, getting himself some wine. Lord Baratheon looks at Galladon.

You done with a part of the tournament, Galladon?

Yes, father. Got taken down in the third round of the joust by Ryker Clegane. Getting me some wine before moving to the Melee.

Meldred smiled nonetheless, his son still managed to get to the third round, took skill to get that far. His eyes turn to Lord Stafford as Ravella greeted her brother with a hug.

Galladon got knocked out of the jousting, but he was facing Ryker Clegane, one of the Westerland's greatest knights, if not the greatest knight of the West. He still can do much in the Melee portion.

Ravella looks at Joseth her brother and speaks to him.

​As you can see, even with Meldred in the capital, things are still interesting.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; January 03, 2014 at 01:00 PM.

Lord Swann arrives with his son and daughter, having been delayed due to the lord's notion of avoiding traveling through Griffin's Roost due to prior experiences there. The Lord finds a seat in the section of the crowd consisting primarily of men and women from the Stormlands. "Father, why did you not enter this time?" "I am too old, Joff. That and due to the fact we had to evade those fanatics in the Roost, we wouldn't of arrived in time." "I see." "Anyway, may as well pay attention, boy..you could learn something." Malwyn gestures to the lists as a northerner was knocked off his horse, to which his son and daughter cheer the winner.

Before Meldred could respond, Galladon came through the crowd, holding his helmet and look slightly disheveled. He takes a seat near his family, getting himself some wine. Lord Baratheon looks at Galladon.

You done with a part of the tournament, Galladon?

Yes, father. Got taken down in the third round of the joust by Ryker Clegane. Getting me some wine before moving to the Melee.

Meldred smiled nonetheless, his son still managed to get to the third round, took skill to get that far. His eyes turn to Lord Stafford as Ravella greeted her brother with a hug.

Galladon got knocked out of the jousting, but he was facing Ryker Clegane, one of the Westerland's greatest knights, if not the greatest knight of the West. He still can do much in the Melee portion.

Ravella looks at Joseth her brother and speaks to him.

​As you can see, even with Meldred in the capital, things are still interesting.
    "I'm glad," he said with a smile, "You should visit Blackhaven some day, sis."

Finally, Lord Stafford arrived, and greeted his daughter and son-in-law, skipping to his grandson, Galladon.

"Good job, boy. Those Cleganes... nothing but elevated stable boys. You have Dondarrion blood in you... next time you will best him, I know. Mayhaps you can teach these two half-wits a some tricks about fighting."

"Elevated massengers are surely better than the elevated stable boys," said Duncan, who saluted his cousin, making sure his lips weren't visible to his granfather. "Who are you fighting next in the melee, coz?"

Aurelia watched the joust with little interest. This was a farce, a game of war. Let the other lords win a false sense of security in their military abilities here and her armies would spill their guts on the battlefield. She looked to the Queen, surrounded by chatting lords and ladies. She did not envy Darklyn her position. Soon she will find out her only function is to sire children, give the king her armies, and be quiet. Perhaps she should try to warn her...

Since Karstark moved on nobody had bothered to so much as tip their hat. Such bad manners. She smirked.

With his time in the Joust at an end, Lord Simeon had cleaned himself up and removed his armor in his tent before heading to the stand to watch the remaining matches in the company of his daughters, answering what questions he could. Most of the questions were Tyrene's, the girl took as much a liking to weapons as her twin sister did to her dolls ever since the two of them were toddlers, the Old Gods had to have a sense of humor by having her be born a girl. Still, Aren's birth made Tyrene the third in line, perhaps now would be a good time to teach her a thing or two about the sword. Only to pass the time, of course.

-----
    "Careful little Lord. The North is ruled by more than samurai alone..."

The Lord of Seagard and his family arrived to the tourney. Lord Talbert strode in, his daughter holding his arm. She was a fair lady, with dark eyes and hair, looking much like a Dornish lady than a girl from the Riverlands, except for the pale complection. She and her father walked graciously, followed by the Lord's heir, Trystane, who was struggling to keep up with their pace, feeling awkward in the violet velvet he was wearing. It was the youths' first time in the capital, and they were enjoying the time, admiring the marvels that the city had to offer for the wealthy visitors.
    Last edited by Ozy; January 03, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Daryn looked friendly towards her and also did her daughter, looking similiar like her mother with the difference of small red-golden streaks in her silver hair, probably the heritage of her father. Though she was just four years old, the young girl was looking pretty excited.
    "Everything's fine, darling?", her husband asked Aelinor friendly but also curious. Probably not pretty romantic, but she was surely still used about it, as he was still writing several stories, some of them still praising her beauty, which she surely had read.
    She nods to her husband, smiling a tired smile.

"Yes, I'm alright, my love. You know how I feel about what has happened to the rest of my family and how I feel about the bastards who now call themselves royals. It takes half my strength to not do anything foolish while I'm here."

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Quote Originally Posted by Zethira View Post
    With his time in the Joust at an end, Lord Simeon had cleaned himself up and removed his armor in his tent before heading to the stand to watch the remaining matches in the company of his daughters, answering what questions he could. Most of the questions were Tyrene's, the girl took as much a liking to weapons as her twin sister did to her dolls ever since the two of them were toddlers, the Old Gods had to have a sense of humor by having her be born a girl. Still, Aren's birth made Tyrene the third in line, perhaps now would be a good time to teach her a thing or two about the sword. Only to pass the time, of course.
    "My Lord," Ser Preston Arryn approached. He had left his armour on, a few dents from the Northman's warhammer still in it. "I didn't get your name. You gave me one hell of a fight, that's for sure. I'm honored to have fought against you." He looked at the clashing knights in the lists. Ser Marq was still riding, to his surprise. He had never seemed to be too lucky in past tourneys, but now he had made the quarter finals. Next up was Darry. Preston didn't know the man, to be honest.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan