Thread: Seagard, seat of House Mallister

Default Seagard, seat of House Mallister

Seagard, seat of House Mallister

Above the Rest

One of the oldest castles in Westeros. Seagard is both the name of the hall of the Mallisters and of the town that has grown around the actual castle. It's located on the western coast of the Riverlands along Ironman's Bay, sheltered by the Cape of Eagles and nestled near the headwaters of the Blue Fork. As one of the main, if not the most important port of the Riverlands, Seagard is a hub of trade between the Eastern and Western coasts of Westeros, recieving goods through the Trident and sending them off the sea, and viceversa.

Due to its proximity to the Iron Islands, the town and castle have been equipped to withstand sieges by sea and land, defenses that date back to the Age of Heroes, such as the Booming Tower, a massive bronze bell used to alert the townsfolk of any raid coming from the sea.

The Mallisters
    Talbert Mallister, Lord of Seagard and Head of House Mallister
    Lady Marissa of House Cox, Lord Talbert's wife (diseased)

Lady Bethany Mallister, Lord Talbert's older sister, the widow of Lord Lothston
    Lady Tysane Mallister, Lord Talbert's eldest child.
    Trystane Mallister, Lord Talbert's son, a squire

Trade Alliances
    Casterly Rock

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fantasy_castle_wallpaper-800x600.jpg   seagard.png  
    Last edited by Ozy; January 06, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

Default Re: Seagard, seat of House Mallister

A missive arrives from Casterly Rock

In the spirit of improving relations between the Riverlands and Westerlands, we request trade between our two ports. We would pay a handsome sum of gold for increased foodstuffs from the Riverlands.

Signed,
    Lady Aurelia Lannister

Wheatley's Avatar Primicerius

A group of jesting Freys approach the mighty keep of Seagard. At their head is ser Robert Frey.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Ooc: what trade agreement with house glover? I can't find one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Freys are allowed inside. They are recieved at the main hall by lady Tysane.

"Good day, my Lords. May I offer you some wine, and a seat. Lord Mallister shall soon be with us. How was your trip?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Ooc: what trade agreement with house glover? I can't find one.

?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

You posted in the deepwood motte thread accepting a trade agreement I'd never offered. You tell me what's happening :-P

ooc: Ah! I think that was meant to be a reply from the Dondarrions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    The Freys are allowed inside. They are recieved at the main hall by lady Tysane.

"Good day, my Lords. May I offer you some wine, and a seat. Lord Mallister shall soon be with us. How was your trip?"
    "It was pleasant and we arrived in good time, my lady." He bowed to her, as did his followers.

"I'm glad. May I ask what brings you to our humble place?"

"House Frey wishes to improve the relations with its neighbours, the Mallisters. It is my lord father's belief that together we can advance our strenght in the Riverlands."

A raven arrives:

To Lord Mallister of Seaguard:

The last disease have destroyed most of our crops and livestock, our cattle lay dead by dozens in our fields. Even if we trade with Blackwood's grain, that is not enough to feed our smallfolk, and we do not desire them to suffer hunger and illness. Lately, a cog was granted to us by a merchant and friend, and we would love to open a trade lane between Seaguard and Dragonstone in these times of need, as we do need your goods. In exchange, we will send the most exquisite oils, scents and perfumes, to the delight of your vassals and Household.

In the Light of the Seven.

Prince Maelys Targaryen of Dragonstone and the Narrow Sea, brother to the King Daemon, the First of His Name.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

A -1 Stability penalty per year is now being inflicted upon Seagard because of the actions of a priest converting the populace away from the Faith of the Seven.

This penalty will become -2 at 50% and revolts will start happening at 75% and up.