Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mac Mod Guide

Default Re: Mac Mod Guide

Hi The Athenian,

The Imperial Destroyer mod seems really amazing!!!
    I have tried to install it but the game crashes when I want to start a battle. I am maybe missing something with the .pack files or the scripts.
    1. I did not find any Imperial Destroyer script in the folders
    2. Could you give us some details about the installation process. Is it necessary to download all the patch 3.9 rar files? What about the 12 other rar files? It would be very kind of you if you could be as precise as for the Rigths of Man mod installation .

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I finally managed to get the Imperial Destroyer mod but only partially (I downloaded all the files that 12 + 6 rar files in total then copied all the .pack files in the Data folder as for the Rights of Man mods choosing the most recent version for all packs files).

What works:
    - Battles (it is really amazing !!)
    - the Road to Independence Campaign

What does not work (the game starts loading then crashes or returns to the homepage):
    - the Grand Campaign (see attached file),
    - the Warpath Campaign.

I copied the startpos and scriptings files in the Campaign -> Main folder.
    Here is what I get when clicking on the Grand Campaign button on the homepage:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand_campaign_screenshot.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	529.1 KB 
ID:	315122

Thanks for your help!

Hi, is there an American Civil War mod for Mac? Thanks

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

ddorsey,

I have not been able to get the ACW mod to work with mac, yet.

Marino,

That is weird. The most likely reason for this is that you have not put the startpos files in the correct place.

1. Select the appropriate Startpos.esf file:
    There are multiple startpos.esf files include in Imperial Destoryer. For early & late campaign, as well as startpos files that have the vanilla unit movement range.
    Select the one you want to use, and re-label it (if needed) "startpos.esf" without the quotes. There may also be a startpos.lua file, you will need that too.

2. Copy & Paste Modded Startpos files:
    Place the startpos.esf & startpos.lua files in the appropriate folder. This is the file path: Data -> data -> campaign -> main
    (note: you may want to re-label your vanilla startpos files beforehand, something like "startpos.esf vanilla", so that they aren't overwritten.

*3. Troubleshooting:
    If this does not work you probably have an "override_data" folder. Right click on Empire total war -> click show package contents -> the override_data folder will be in the same folder as your "Resources" folder. Inside there are folders arranged in the same file path as in your data folder: campaign -> main . You can just place your modded startpos files in this "main" folder. They will automatically override any other startpos files.

Please let me know if this works. good luck man!

**EDIT:
    ok just saw your note about pasting the startpos files. I suggest jumping right to step 3. You probably have an override_data folder. On my version, one was created when I updated to Empire 1.1.1
    Last edited by The_Athenian; October 09, 2014 at 11:06 AM.

The_Athenian, I was using Imperial Destroyer without overriding my original startpos files, just put the folders "Lord_main" and "Lord_Lmain" that come with the download, inside my campaigns folder and then activate wichever campaign I want to run by putting "Lord_CP.pack" or "Lord_LCP.pack" on the feral launcher, the former is for early campaign and the latter, for late... of course both of those .pack files should be inside the data folder...

that was the only way i could run the GC without the stuff of the picture by marino happening.

Cool 007Jua007 thanks for the tip

btw, can you change db files with the pack file manager?? now im trying to mod the shogun2, but no way i can open a db with the newest pack file manager... and dbeditor wont work on mac either..

I had issues with that as well...

Foederatus

Very useful information, Athenian! Just registered to tell you that with my first posting!

Thanks man! Glad to put it out there! It's always good to help mac users stretch the capability of their rigs.

**My computer suffered a catastrophic water related incident. So I cannot currently mess around with any mods right now. Though I can periodically check in from work. If anyone has a mod they have fully working on their mac, please PM me, and I will put it on page one. -Thanks

Hey for TROM I keep getting this whenever I start Grand Campaign. Any fixes to this problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2014-09-15 19.58.11.png  

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by The_Athenian View Post
    **My computer suffered a catastrophic water related incident. So I cannot currently mess around with any mods right now. Though I can periodically check in from work. If anyone has a mod they have fully working on their mac, please PM me, and I will put it on page one. -Thanks
    Hope you recover soon from this stroke of fate. I'm forever thankful for this thread, because with all these Mac compatible mods this flawed and three quarters good ETW Vanilla has become so much fun in the end!

In my record are only two unannounced deaths of harddrives so far but nothing as bad as a full destruction of a computer. Keep a stiff upper lip!

hey athenian is it ok if i do a video on how to install your mod on a mac

I bought Napoleon Total War for Mac via Steam and was trying to figure out where to put the .pack files. It seems that the folders are a bit different from the ones in Empire. I have two different folders, one is called Resources and the other is NapoleonData > Data.

where should I place the .pack files?

I tried putting the files on both folders, individually and separately, and then running the command through the Advanced Options in the Launcher.
    In the Resources folder nothing happens. In the Data folder the game crashes.

Hi everyone,

I'm not getting the pre-game options screen, when I click the icon it just immediately opens the game. Does anyone know how to get this window?

Thanks

Foederatus

Hold the cmd button down, while launching the game.

@Henriquemarcos: -> Contents/Resources/Data/Data. Also take a look here. Looks like one single .pack file isn't working on the Mac. Good luck!

Keinpferd,

Thanks for the response. I have tried holding down the command button and still doesn't work. It's weird.

Any other ideas?

Foederatus

Strange, press and hold cmd button while double clicking the ETW application icon doesn't give you the advanced options panel?

I'm using a little app called "Find Any File" to reveal hidden files, but it looks like the developer's charging 5 bucks for it meanwhile. I'm sure, there's an older version for free still around. There's also some terminal command that reveals hidden files. Don't give up!

@The Athenian: Hope you recover soon from your computer breakdown. Since I'm playing NTW Darthmod happily now, I sense, you were only a few steps away from the major scientific breakthrough of making ETW Darthmod work for us Mac users. It could be just one of the .pack files, that's incompatible or flawed.
    Last edited by Keinpferd; November 19, 2014 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keinpferd View Post
    Hold the cmd button down, while launching the game.

@Henriquemarcos: -> Contents/Resources/Data/Data. Also take a look here. Looks like one single .pack file isn't working on the Mac. Good luck!

Thanks for the answer, mate. The problem is that there is no such folder.

this is the Contents/Resources Folder. http://postimg.org/image/kkc8w035l/

There's no Data/Data folders in it.