View Poll Results: Is World Of Warcraft a sad addiction?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • WOW is a fun, rewarding hobby

1 3.45%
  • WOW is no worse or better than any other pc title

9 31.03%
  • WOW is ok but has seriously addictive qualities

3 10.34%
  • WOW is electronic heroin/crack/meth

16 55.17%
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft discussion thread

Default Re: Is it possible in World of Warcraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Hattori View Post
    Every MMORPG I tried had this, and its still extremly boring- You dont see your character just swing his sword, you see your character swing its sword while you click on the spell keys, just for more lame animations and cartoonish explosions to happen.

I think age of Cannon will be a little different, may the most skiled winn and not always the on with most bots and best gear. there isnt much different in skills because there is so little to do in battle.
    I hate this game because i like games were skill is needed, like warcraft 3, starcraft and so on. most rpg is about hack and slash nowadays not much skills, but back in the good old days the rpg needed allot of thinking and using hours to retry to get it perfect like baldur`s gate, ice windale, fallout and so on.
    ''I always made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." God granted it. ''

-Voltaire

Tabell's Avatar Decanus

3 years of studying the game and he still doesnt know what genre it is?
    In the days of lace-ruffles, perukes, and brocade
    Brown Bess was a partner whom none could despise -
    An out-spoken, flinty-lipped, brazen-faced jade,
    With a habit of looking men straight in the eyes -
    At Blenheim and Ramillies, fops would confess
    They were pierced to the heart by the charms of Brown Bess.

Count of Montesano's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Why do people hate world of Warcraft?

A few reasons why I hate WOW - and keep in mind I'm currently a subscribed member:

1. obsession with gear, which is fine for achievement players but leaves explorers, socializers, and PVPers mostly out in the cold.
    2. lack of a variety of things to do after awhile - at endgame its raid, PVP, or faction grind.
    3. Free content is usually bleeding edge; that is only a few uber guids are going to ever see the new raid instance for months.
    4. Bait and switch - the game is very casual and solo friendly up until the top levels, when suddenly you have to spend a lot of time with a dedicated guild to get anywhere.

hunter260859's Avatar Senator

I played wow for like a year or something like that was in a guild full of nice people who i am now in a guild in lotr online still going strong though i am taking a break from it anyway i was a lvl 63 night elf priest and i just got bored of the constant grinding before BC came out then when BC i just got bored and couldnt be botherd to play anymore the graphics where superb though

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

just 5ucks! its one of those rts clickathons!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lone rider View Post
    I think age of Cannon will be a little different, may the most skiled winn and not always the on with most bots and best gear. there isnt much different in skills because there is so little to do in battle.
    I hate this game because i like games were skill is needed, like warcraft 3, starcraft and so on. most rpg is about hack and slash nowadays not much skills, but back in the good old days the rpg needed allot of thinking and using hours to retry to get it perfect like baldur`s gate, ice windale, fallout and so on.
    WE WANT MOUNT & BLADE ONLINE!!!

Under Patronage of MARCVS

wow = bad pvp = bad game, nuff said.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

"Because those who play are losers who have no life."

That's your common stereotype, and I know a lot of people for which that is only too true.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

true true, coz they find other games "complicated", "camera angles, too dizzy", and these guys cant help but over click there mouses! all you hear when a bunch of guys play warcrap are those incessant clicking madly for just one location as if these clicks will speed them up!!!!!!!!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Indefinitely Banned

Default World of Warcraft

Where do you get the trial from? I loooked on Blizzard's website but it was scary and confusing so I came back to the warm comfortable bosom of twcenter

Default Re: World of Warcraft

http://teaser.wow-europe.com/

Have fun and enjoy the world of Azeroth.

Indefinitely Banned

What happens after ten days? My mate seems to have been playing this demo-thing for weeks

Thread hijack! As the title already is World Of Warcraft..

New expansion in the works and to be announced at Blizzcon on the 3rd of August! This will no doubt be released at the same time as Warhammer. Blizzard needs to produce something new and awesome when Warhammer online releases to keep it's players. I kind of feel guilty now. I cant pay for 2 games at once, I'm 14 and have no way of making enough money for both. Oh the agony

What happens after ten days? My mate seems to have been playing this demo-thing for weeks
    After 10 days you just can't log in anymore. You can buy WoW and continue. I think your friend meant the 30 free days after you buy the game.
    Last edited by Enemy of the State; July 30, 2007 at 10:51 AM.

I read on a board that there are some free amateur servers around. Is it true that they are legal? I doubt that, because they are using Blizzard content and virtually distributing it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    I read on a board that there are some free amateur servers around. Is it true that they are legal? I doubt that, because they are using Blizzard content and virtually distributing it for free.
    Yeah private servers, but these are illegal, and crap. Your happy if you ever see someone else in the game, most quests don't work, most skills etc. Everything is broken really.

Well, I found a reasonably populated one with about 90% of the quests working, custom battlegrounds and with virtually all skills working. I was only concerned about legality, as they try to "prove" that they're legal because Blizzard only has rights in North America...

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    Well, I found a reasonably populated one with about 90% of the quests working, custom battlegrounds and with virtually all skills working. I was only concerned about legality, as they try to "prove" that they're legal because Blizzard only has rights in North America...
    No, It's not legal. You can try if you want though, Blizzard isn't going to sue you or anything. Rarely do Private servers get taken down, there are so many of them.

You wont like it. World Of Warcraft is meant to be a MMORPG, and even if the server promises high population by private server standards, you will feel lonely. No instances, no raids, no guilds, no battlegrounds.
    Have you tried the trial?

Yes, I tried the trial. Got to lvl 20 as a human warrior in about 4 days if I recall well, but I got stopped from leveling then.

I tried the private server and instances work. There are over 10 guilds, and there are battlegrounds (though not the ones on the Blizzard servers). There are also about 5 lvl 70 chars that I saw.

I feel awkward speaking about something with a high chance of illegality, so I'll stop.

Since this is a WoW thread, I might as well ask: what is your favourite race?

Draenei, they have the coolest Russian accent and they came to Azeroth with a spaceship!

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    The reason I hate it is because of it's addictiveness. I know that if I started playing, I could get addicted.
    i refer to FPS doug from pure pwnage (www.purepwnage.com) "i lost a lot of good men to wow, we call it the plague."

"some of them came back, but they werent the same, they just sprayed and prayed..."