91 7.70%
  • Fantasy Total War

57 4.82%
  • World War Total War

91 7.70%
  • Others

88 7.45%
Page 1 of 115 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: What may the next Total War game be?

Default What may the next Total War game be?

I know it's to early for such a discussion but I am really wondering.
    It may be Shogun 2 TW or maybe a remake of Rome, or even a whole new game about Ancient Greece?
    What do you think guys?
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Default Re: What may they next Total War game be?

I think a game with a Flux Capacitor attached so you can actually go back in time.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Well its not historical but i love to see

Lord of The rings --> Total war without magic bulls !!

But in realtime i would love to go to Asian history ( china i prefer )

chgo's Avatar Tiro

industrialization, wwI and ww2 would be great to see in future totalwar games.
    Peace at home, peace in the world - Atatürk

But a ww1 or ww2 game will brake the TW legacy, until now TW have basicaly games that are in time that men were fighting like men, with swords, spears... But I wouldn't mind and I would play it.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

I wouldn't care for a gun based TW, probably wouldn't buy it either.

Maybe go back to Shogun or something, Samurais in full 3D with custom animations, mmm. Have the Chinese, Korean, Indians and Mongols or something... I really don't know.

Shadius's Avatar Laetus

It's rather early to be speculating about this... Heck, we don't even have the slightest clue as to what CA might have planned for an Xpack. But somehow, I don't think a new Shogun game would be likely - not enough variety compared to what we're used to by now. Maybe as a sort of "mini-XP" ala Alexander?

If we're talking about blind wishings, though, I'd love to see a game centred around the Dark Ages. Kinda surprised that there aren't all that many games with that era as its focus, really... vikings, the empire of Charlemagne, the rise of the Islam... plenty of material to work with, even if it's a pain to unearth historical specifics. Barring that, a game in ancient times would be excellent, too, I think. Pre-Rome and pre-Alexander, that is - think the kind of timespan the original Age of Empires, minus expansion, tries to cover.

There's also the obligatory far eastern settings that deserves a mention. I don't know enough about asian history to suggest a specific era, though.
    Last edited by Shadius; October 12, 2006 at 08:46 AM.

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

You'll never known but it seems possible that they could consider R2TW if M2TW gets "bestseller" rank. After all there is loads of mods for RTW which they can use(I mean ideas of these mods of course) for develop new R2TW with improved every piece of the game. Well it's just my theory but I wouldn't mind that if they by any chance do R2TW.

World total war from roman age to medieval age

Spart's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by shadyrome
    World total war from roman age to medieval age
    I'd really like to see that. They could also add some more civ-things, like technology, better diplomacy, trade, city building etc... But I have a bad feeling that they will concentrate even more on the visual side..
    Shogun 2 gets my vote. And no guns, just swords, spears and bows, that's the right way to do it.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Darsh's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Napoleonic wars

Légion étrangère : « Honneur et Fidélité »

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

its probably shogun 2, but a rome total war 2 would be extremely awesome.

Shadius's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus(FIN)
    Shogun 2 gets my vote. And no guns, just swords, spears and bows, that's the right way to do it.

Uh, how could you have a game during the Sengoku Jidai without guns? They played a pretty big role, especially later on... Nobunaga Oda without arquebuses would be like Hannibal without elephants.

Spart's Avatar Senator

Sorry, I kind of meant these world wars and Napoleanic wars. Smaller guns allowed, but I really want to see mostly melee battles. There are guns in Medieval, but they're really a veeeery small part.
    Last edited by Spart; October 12, 2006 at 09:06 AM.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I want to see Ancient China.

I never liked Shogun as much as the others, all the factions were basically the same, with the same unit types, so I hope they don't remake it.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I just looked in my crystal ball, and it says there will be no new Total War game after MTW2. A few add ons will be released and then the designers and programmers will move on to something new.

rgds/EoE

Irishman's Avatar Let me out of my mind

I would love to see ancient China also, something completely new. You could have mongols, india, china, and many other factions.
    The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Under the perspicacious and benevolent patronage of the great and honorable Rez and a member of S.I.N

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

@Emperor of Europe:

Impossible, for 2 reasons:

1. Total War is profitable, and as long as it remains good people will keep buying it.
    2. Nobody else knows how to make a game like total war, so CA has a virtual monopoly on it.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

I figure it will be Empire: Total War, featuring Napoleonic warfare and realtime naval conflicts..
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Laverick's Avatar Civis
    Crawley, its in West sussex and is about 40 mins from London

im not to sure what id like to see in the next total war game, although the napolionic wars sounds good. What about the American civil war time period? I woudl love to see an all american based expansion to M2TW it would be great to have some other american indian factions such as the incas in the game.