Thread: Night goblin general trait: -10 command at daylight? And help how to change it.

Foederatus

Default Night goblin general trait: -10 command at daylight? And help how to change it.

Hi. I know night goblins are supposedly (lore) dislike sunshine, but fighting at day time -10 command to Night Goblins generals is a bit too harsh. They aren't vampyries which turn to ash in sunlight (vampyres also has -10 command at daylight, but undead has morale_lock). They should have normal command points for nightgoblins to fight somewhat effectively with general at daylight. More likely this ancillary should be +10 command at night instead, and give Nightfighting ancillary/trait/ability as default to goblins.

I dont know do all nightgoblin generals have nightfighting ability but it should be as lorewise.
    Is it possible to code nightfight ability to N.goblins and to make AI use it always as default for night gobbos? Its miserable to fight sometimes when they take 30% losses and all suddenly retreats and battle becomes literally slaughterfest.

Where, which foldername and which line this trait is coded, i would like to change it for my own files, Im new to modding and could'nt find it.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Night goblin general trait: -10 command at daylight? And help how to change it.

Here check this thread different faction tho but same idea. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...es-1-5-1/page2
    Imperium Romanum

Default Re: Night goblin general trait: -10 command at daylight? And help how to change it.

What you need to open is the export_desc_character_traits file (in the data folder) with any text editor.

find the lines:

Level goblin
    Description goblin_desc
    EffectsDescription goblin_effects_desc
    GainMessage goblin_gain_desc
    LoseMessage goblin_lose_desc
    Threshold 1
    Effect Loyalty 1
    Effect NightBattle 10
    Effect Command -10

Now, change to whatever suit. I did the same with the vamps, as while I can appreciate the lore aspect, constant night fighting is more then I could bear. I suggest deleting the 'Effect Command -10' completely, and changing night battles to +2. Remember:

1. Need to start a new game to see the effect.

2. The description will still read the same (but the effect will have changed) unless you update the text as well.

Cheers

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

One tip to avoid constant night-battles with buffs, is attacking with night-battle, but waiting at the start of the deployment. This will lead to day time, but I'm pretty sure the buffs stay for the battle anyway.