Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 206256281296297298299300301302303304305306
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 6110

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Good news! I've identified the cause of the CTD !

I've recognized a strange bug that caused the game to crash every time a very small number of units tried to enter a community.
    Here, the "Tribal Chieftains" have a unit of just 3 soldiers. As soon as they come into contact with an enemy unit, the game crashes.

Two solutions to avoid this problem:
    1- Code the game - I don't know if this is possible - to forbid any unit with less than 4 or 5 soldiers.
    2- Delete all double entries for officers in the EDU (that's what I did for the unit in question so that the battle didn't crash).

type Ducal Spearmen
    dictionary Ducal_Spearmen ; Tribal Chieftains : tribal unit, factional
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_infantry
    soldier EE_Spearmen, 56, 0, 1.1, 0.30
    officer lithuanian_noble_infantry_ug1
    officer russia_captain_early_flag
    officer russia_captain_early_flag delete this line
    mount_effect horse +4, camel +4
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, is_peasant
    move_speed_mod 0.95
    formation 1.0, 0, 2.0, 2.0, 5, square, schiltrom
    Now battle no longer crashes the game

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic
    Code the game - I don't know if this is possible - to forbid any unit with less than 4 or 5 soldiers.
    There is a line in EDU that limits the size of a unit before it gets automatically disbanded - I am assuming it's to prevent this issue, it has a value of 4 as default, it being on the same principle as the soldier number, eg bound to the unit size setting. Suggest to simply use that for any unit that has officers

Code:
    stat_stl          Number of soldiers needed for unit to count as alive
    The line goes above the armour_ug_levels line.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 25, 2024 at 09:59 PM.

@Gigantus : I didn't know this line. Thank you very much for the tip, it is indeed the best option!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Gigantus : I didn't know this line. Thank you very much for the tip, it is indeed the best option!

One is glad to be of service

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

hello I keep having 'unspecified error' in my England campaign when it's Poland's turn.https://www.mediafire.com/file/7nxqo...eland.sav/file

Alex(España)'s Avatar Civis

Hi, i have a issue with newborn when are men in my England campaign. All of them are bastards(only men), If were 1 or 2 is ok but everyone?!! I have 5 bastards right now and is specially painful that 2 of 3(the third have 11 years so dont know if he will be bastard too)sons of Henry Plantagenet are bastards....

I think this must be a bug that needs fixing xd
    Si en el frente veis a unos soldados sucios, mal afeitados, con el uniforme desabrochado y las botas rotas, cuadraos ante el, es un héroe, es un español.

Sobre los muchachos de la División Azul.

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

Hello, I think I have encountered a bug

i'm doing a France campaign now and at turn 24. I engage in diplomacy with England with my princess (almost max charm). and I see the option 'marry princess to faction leader'.(or heir i don't remember)
    So i decide to do it, because i can use an alliance with England for now. they accept. But the option is still there and when i exit, my princess is still there.

So she's not married to the English faction leader/heir BUT i DO have the alliance. and no there wasn't another princess of me that got married instead of her. Also, the alliance is just an normal one and not a 'marriage alliance' Weird huh?

Maybe she managed to fix an alliance by seducing the english dude, without actually marrying him haha idk
    Last edited by louigi; May 09, 2024 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by louigi View Post
    hello I keep having 'unspecified error' in my England campaign when it's Poland's turn.https://www.mediafire.com/file/7nxqo...eland.sav/file
    Gigantus's method of avoiding the 'BecomesFactionLeader' bug

You can bypass this crash by using the attached file "export_descr_character_traits.txt".
    1 -Previously, make a backup of the original file, then put this one in its place (it deletes all potential triggers at fault).
    2- Then launch your campaign and skip the faulty round.
    3- Quit the game and restore the original file
    4- Restart the game and continue your campaign

delightful to learn of Kostic's discovery and solving of the tribal chieftans CTD. on a different notice on the april 25th recent version, the "Adultress" ancillary is nameless although its describtion still apears when hovering on the ancillary.

So, i've been on and off on this Mod for Years now and first of all i want to thank and appreciate everyone who is working on it continuously. I think SSHIP is the best thing that could've happened to the MTWII Game and spent like 1000+ Hours playing it.

After a few Months Hiatus i got cravings again and downloaded the newest Version of SHHIP. I played the Spring 2023 Version a lot, playtested the Autumn Version a bit and now i'm here, deep into an England Campaign and i want to share some issues i faced that made me want to scratch my Eyes out and throw my Computer out of the Window:

-the first thing i noticed is the Select Heir Script not doing what it should do: It worked as supposed for the first one or two times a FL/FH died but afterwards it just stopped popping up, giving out the Heir title like without the script. That leads to Civil Wars and these are interactive and fun but not when you actually could control who will become king. also one time my bastard became king and he got the ursurper trait, so i had to kill him off. my own fault for choosing an ugly bride, i guess. (great feature tho)

-at some point i had all requirements for the crown and also a king that meets the required traits, i had the money, the cities, the buildings, everything. still no crown. i dont know why this is happening, i checked the files, the requirements are as stated in the thread here in this forum but i cant get the crown. unlike in previous versions, i also dont get any in game notifications. its too hard to try and conquer like 30 regions without the crown so i stopped expanding at some point since i also had to deal with these really annoying loyality rebellions.(getting to them later here)

-then starting with the year 1210 errors started happening at the end of the turn. they happened on random NPC faction turns and although i tried to check the error log, it was everytime something among those lines:
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Merchants_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Merchants_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Explorers_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Explorers_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Thiefs_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Thiefs_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Assassins_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Assassins_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Swordsmiths_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Swordsmiths_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Woodsmens_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HorseBreeders_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.756 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HorseBreeders_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    13:33:55.775 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    these errors are nasty to deal with and from me memory happened way more often than on the previous versions and even tho i managed to play around them by randomly saving and loading into different savefiles, the most recent one (from where these log entries are) seems unfixable. 6-7 hours of gameplay flushed down the toilet. i will try the fix suggested here above my post, will see if that works. still this is a major mood killer for me.

- as a mtw2 player i'm used to critical errors so i can kind of deal with it by stepping off for a few days. my biggest issue with this recent patch are the loyality rebellions. These are probably the most unfun and repetitive events that i ever faced in this game/mod. if it happens once or twice per city. i get it. its interactive, spices things up a little, but having to deal with this continuosly? i tried everything: bringing the best administrative general there is, 50%+ religion and so on and so on but still these rebellions happen like every 10 turns. and not only that, granada for example rebelles with a FULL GARRISON and also some highly leveled general just outside of the city. again, once or twice per city, alright, but killing off the whole city pop like 5 times and these guys still rebel? i had to step away a few days at some point multiple times because this is the most unfun and stupid thing i've seen so far. especially when the faction gets revived over and over again. this hasnt been this frequent in the previous versions and seriously makes me wonder how people manage to conquer half the map without jumping out of the window.

is it a good idea to step back and play some previous versions of the game? i sure as will never play a different mod or the base game again but having fun in this patch seems impossible for me with these issues i listed, its way too tedious. its not too hard, dont get me wrong, its just really bad mechanics gameplay wise.