Thread: AI trading territory

Default AI trading territory

Any way to stop this?

Default Re: AI trading territory

There is actually a way to disable Region Trading, but we need someone who knows how to do it....

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Yup, we'd love this to stop, but also within the realm of someone who can edit the startpos.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Any idea how often it happens or was i just unlucky on my first campaign? AI really wanted my territories too.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Yup, we'd love this to stop, but also within the realm of someone who can edit the startpos.
    Trig, you should contact topcat (T.C.) for that. Using the scripts, he can disable the diplomatic option for human and AI. So that diplomatic option is not available any more.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Trig, you should contact topcat (T.C.) for that. Using the scripts, he can disable the diplomatic option for human and AI. So that diplomatic option is not available any more.
    Does that disable all diplomacy, or just certain parts? We still want them to trade or wage war.
    Last edited by pappagoat; January 13, 2015 at 06:18 PM.

lordsith disabled territory trading in imperial destroyer.
    i like trading myself, with one notable exception that makes me so furious i rage-quit,
    namely that AI trade away a region i'm invading but have not yet conquered !!?

i never saw this before patch, and wish for a mod that disable territory trading under attack,
    much as if the city was under siege, when it actually is impossible to trade,
    is it possible to activate this mechanism when the land is invaded already ?
    Last edited by poa; January 05, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

I personally don't mind that territory trading. If I see I'm going to lose a territory I rather sell it or give it to an nation like England "Canada" if I'm playing the south.
    This brings another challenge to the Union, either the Union goes to war with England or loses an important economical asset. I seen this happen that England joins my side, and beat those Yanks! lol

The Union just gave DC to the Mexican Empire.... Any one come up some duct tape for this issue?

If you play on a few turns the region should rebel and hopefully be taken over by bushwhackers.

I just ended up declaring war on the Empire, taking the weakly defended settlement (as well as experiencing my first battle, which was awesome... really great feel to the way battles play out), then giving the region to the Union. Although, when I tried to just hand the White House back to them, they initially refused... telling me I was raised by cobras or something to that effect. I had to offer them money as well, the snobby bastards.

I'm hoping they don't take advantage of having DC returned to them, so generously, and auction it off for another trade agreement. Ah well... maybe I should go to war and give them a distraction already. Hedging my bets, especially now that the Mexican Empire is just a hop and a skip away and are decidedly unfriendly. Probably should have thought things through.

If playing as CS don't do any diplomacy with US, just declare war.
    If playing as US don't do any diplomacy with CS, just declare war.
    If the enemy trades off some land to a minor, wait a few turns, they'll get a bushwhacker rebellion which will take the region back, and you can then attack the bushwhackers freely.

Right o, Trig. You've pretty much convinced me to go ahead and declare war on the Union.

Default United States of Colombia

lol well this isn't a bug per se but it's a bit odd nonetheless. can anyone explain why the US would sell michigan, and east new york to some random south american country? :p

Default Re: United States of Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by benevlan View Post
    lol well this isn't a bug per se but it's a bit odd nonetheless. can anyone explain why the US would sell michigan, and east new york to some random south american country? :p
    Please read this thread.
    Last edited by Trig; January 19, 2015 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    lordsith disabled territory trading in imperial destroyer?
    Late reply here but might be helpful for modders in the future... If you want to remove the diplomatic option for trading regions simply open scripting.lua file and add inside the local function OnWorldCreated():

scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("russia", "austria", "regions", false, false) - this will disable region trading from Russia to Austria. You will have to add for every nation so there will be many lines of code. You can download Imperial Destroyer mod - open it's scripting.lua file and see there how Lord Sith did it

So your scripting.lua file should look something like this:
    Code:
    local function OnWorldCreated()
        scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("russia", "austria", "regions", false, false)
        scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("russia", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
        scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("russia", "bavaria", "regions", false, false)
        scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("russia", "britain", "regions", false, false)
        scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("russia", "chechenya_dagestan", "regions", false, false)