Page 81 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3156717273747576777879808182838485868788899091106131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Grain exchanges for Bretonnia cost nothing to build. Was that intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by Travus View Post
    Grain exchanges for Bretonnia cost nothing to build. Was that intentional?
    Yes. It seems you never played original mod.

So while assaulting chaos dwarf cities, my game CTD.

I have a crash playing as Ostland a big chaos stack sieges my capital. As a result i attack them with my forces in capital and get a crash while loading a battle everytime. Any suggestions? Ok so tested the sieges now. They crash.
    Last edited by bordinis; May 23, 2016 at 02:17 AM.

Nicely done guys. Excellent mod.

My campaign map runs smooth as a baby's bottom but I'm getting battle crashes here and there. When I did the installation I had no kingdoms.exe to apply the 4gb ram thing, so I just did it to med 2. (Obviously I own kingdoms, maybe a steam thing). Suggestion? I was wondering if that was causing the crash.

I played through one siege defence with only like 4 battalions on either side and that didn't crash, field battles have been fine so far. But sieges are crashing for me.
    Last edited by Commissar_G; May 23, 2016 at 02:35 AM.

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - V1.0 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Patch 1.01 posted on moddb:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...otet-patch-101

Note: Garrison and spawn scripts removed, to re-add them, go into data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and rename campaign_script.txt to campaign_script_backup.txt and rename campaign_script - with spawns.txt to campaign_script.txt

that was very quick
    I didn't see campaign_script_backup from before the patch under imperial_campaign.

anyway I am playing and I will report all my findings later
    Last edited by Van; May 23, 2016 at 04:53 AM.

First congratulation to the mod team.

I am about 30 turns into Dwarf campaign and loving it. I had no major issues so far and not a single CTD yet. Downloaded mod from the Google Drive, and I am running non steam version of the game with a kingdoms patch that allows more memory than just 2 GB.

Something I have so far noticed is that Dwarf karak model (one used for castle) has pathfinding issues. Namely, AI on a assault tends to place ladders on the second line of walls left of the gate, looking from the direction of attacker, but not all ladders touch the wall and assaulting infantry unit gets stuck. This happened in all sieges (3-4 till now). AI completely ignores the right side with its long walls.

I think that scripted spawns should stay. They add a flavor to the campaign, but perhaps instructions should be given how to remove it for those who want an easier playthrough.

Noticed that some of the vampire counts cities start the game with 0 garrisoned units. Like the silverspire for instance (the base of the lahmian vampires or whatever? ). I think the same goes for blood keep and the settlement in bretonia(At least I think I saw just two units there in turn 2)

EDIT: Also, there are quite a few unreachable resources on the campaign map. I think I saw at least two silver mines in the near vicinity of the chaos dwarf territory and their nigh goblin neighbors.

EDIT1: Oh by the way. There was this one time I saw a video of grey ghost playing tomb kings and he did something peculiar. HE built a fort and rammed his merchants into it. Is there some unique trick/feature within the mod for additional trade income or something? Anyone?
    Last edited by algirdasu; May 23, 2016 at 03:09 AM.
    An amateur writer.

Alternative Reality - a work in progress. Currently disclosed content at -
    http://www.alternativerealitybook.com/

Someone know how to recruit diplomats and general as tomb kings

This game is incredible <3

I get a lot of crashes with the Empire factions, less with others. With the Empire, when i klick on buildings, the ui gets bugged and after a while the game crashes. And i also miss the scripts, because i never got attacked in my Empire campaigns. Just dont feel right to be able to build up peacefully and send lots of expeditions away. Far too easy, also (maybe it gets harder in later game? I have not played that long).

so many downloads... the submod is outselling the actual game xD

For those that bought the game on steam, can see only a file called medieval2, not kingdoms.exe. To resolve that, simply copy the file medieval2.exe to desktop, rename it to kingdoms.exe and paste back to the main folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    For those that bought the game on steam, can see only a file called medieval2, not kingdoms.exe. To resolve that, simply copy the file medieval2.exe to desktop, rename it to kingdoms.exe and paste back to the main folder.
    Done. I'm assuming I don't have to run that 4gb file thingy on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_G View Post
    Done. I'm assuming I don't have to run that 4gb file thingy on it?
    I ran it on both..

You must apply the 4GB patch on both files.

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - V1.0 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    I've got a simple FIX for the zombie issue several people have reported:
    1. Go to your export_descr_unit.txt and search zombie
    2. find this line: soldier zombies, 100, 0, 1 0.25, 1.2
    3. delete the last two number entries ('ve coloured them red here): soldier zombies, 100, 0, 1 0.25, 1.2
    4. your line should now look like: soldier zombies, 100, 0, 1
    Thanks, it works fine now!

I think Handgunners need buffed. Point-blank massed volleys are only killing 5-15 troops at a time. Empire Crossbowmen and even regular Archers are much cheaper and much much more effective than they are.

sooo, when the next release with even more units????

I'm have been playing for hours and no CTD yet. Just one when I was messing around with custom settlements.

The mod runs as smoothly as vanilla, the turns are increbly fast!

I'm going to report on the High Elves.

First, as the High Elves you can't train basic Archer units, but you can upgrade you archery range and train Shadow Warriors.

Theres no sea trade at all.

Enemy Dark Elves armies are mostly infantry units with few crossbowman and no cavalry.

Ulthuan needs more road paths.