Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by MrDoDo View Post
    i cant wait for path 1.02 btw there is anyway i can donate to suppurt the mod i really want to
    Sadly not, or GW would bite our heads off.

Quote Originally Posted by silverarmon View Post
    dat bery cool end times team!! you da best!!

i know da question had be spoken again, but coud you make dese iberial weaklings, one baction? more challenge for us. more slots bactions to kill...
    That's a sub-submod that'll definitely be happening sometime. Then people can go wild in sub-sub-submods with playable Cathay, Nippon, Ind, Stormcast Eternals, Tyranids, Fimir, Pygmies, the Chaos Gods of Order, and who knows what else.

Quote Originally Posted by icenii View Post
    That's quite interesting, I've had a lt of crashes even though I'm confident I've installed correctly 3/4/5 times but every campaign i have selected Short campaign. Any speculation as to why this wold work.
    I thought it was a win conditions issue, but I'm not sure anymore. Just play long campaign only.

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    WhiffofGrapeshot, i really whant to ask you if all these heroes could be avaiable for custom and multiplayer battles as well
    The models can easily be added to units as officers in export_descr_unit before playing a custom battle, but they won't have all the traits, ancillaries, hero abilites, experience, etc. that make them powerful in the campaign. Sadly, it will never be possible to make them work like TW:W.

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    The model for the Earth Shaker Cannonball is missing, game crashing every time it fires.
    That shouldn't be, it's worked so far. We'll look into it, though.

Im playing right now, and i wonder if anybody have problems with diplomats between hochland and middenheim and nordland. Im trying to reach and alliance between us but this option is not visible.

I tried to besiege this Vampire guy Luther sth. in my lizardmen campaign and it was brutal. Damn zombies took out Saurus warriors with almost no casualties. Is this a bug or part of the whole Zombie-Pirate theme?

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Just fixed it, turned out it really didn't like me re-naming the mod to just EndTimes.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Emishi View Post
    I tried to besiege this Vampire guy Luther sth. in my lizardmen campaign and it was brutal. Damn zombies took out Saurus warriors with almost no casualties. Is this a bug or part of the whole Zombie-Pirate theme?

Did you install the patch?

Are there still garrison spawn scripts in this mod? Particularly on the Vampire Counts and Skaven?

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

You know, I actually wouldn't mind if rebel stacks containing undead/skaven/chaos spawned in regions with a high percentage of the appropriate culture and the owning faction of the region be of a different culture. To represent Skaven coming up from their tunnels, necromancers raising the dead in the wilderness and chaos generally causing grief.
    Oh, and one more suggestion, that the rebel model for all the Empire state troops be the same as the heretic spearmen, halberds, swords etc. So when I attack a rebel town containing those troops it looks like it's been taken over by generally disreputable sorts haha
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Do a lot of the sieges, like for chaos castles, any elf ones, dwarfs, orcs, crash the game for anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Royal MidKnight View Post
    Are there still garrison spawn scripts in this mod? Particularly on the Vampire Counts and Skaven?
    Spawn scripts have been removed in patch 1.01 but you can add them if you want as explained in the OP:
    Garrison and spawn scripts removed in Patch 1.01, to re-add them, go into data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and rename campaign_script.txt to campaign_script_backup.txt and rename campaign_script - with spawns.txt to campaign_script.txt

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

This mod is...art. Its beautiful. Iron and Flesh cannot be stopped.

At first I tried playing the Skaven because I really love their lore,psychology and the army composition.Yet,after turn 3-5 I got a CTD when I hit the End Turn button. When I tried reloading,the autosave was corrupted and the game would crash again. So,after letting the mod lie on my hard drive for a week or two,I decided to give it another go. Installed the patch and applied the 4 gb thingy,which I somehow missed. It refused to patch both of my exe files,so I had to resort to a alternative one I found via Google.
    I decided to ditch the Skaven and picked the Chaos Dwarfs on Hard/Hard.
    I fought through a lot of fat Ogres (why are Ironguts so damn good),developed my mining and started swimming in money (tough apperently Archaon the Everchosen,Slaanesh and Night Gobbos gold,since they are far,FAR richer than I am according to the graphs). Nurgle's kids got too cocky and attacked Archaon who excommunicated them,and since he loves me (for some reason) I decided to call a Chaos incursion into Nurgle's garden.It was almost instantly invaded by 2 Slaaneshi stacks lead by Sigvald,who somehow lost despite outnumbering the defenders 3:1 (maybe due to the garrison script).
    I had a lot of random CTDs,either after I just finished my turn or when somebody else was taking theirs,but I managed to bypass this by saving before ending my turn so I could actually have something to load instead of the corrupted autosave. I was preparing to take on Greasus who is hiding in the last Ogre settlement,expanding over the mountains into Gnoblar Country and lands of the Norse (because for some reason my giant ship with a hat on the back of the deck didn't want to ferry my "crusading" army to Nurgle's domain),and slowly building up a force with which to wipe the Night goblins out.
    Chaos didn't let me tough and kept "Ending the world" at a increasing rate,even when I tried to save my game before ending the turn...

A few other things I noticed while playing:
    - The placement of units on the camping map for the Skaven at the start makes no sense. There are (1 unit,actually) Plauge monks in Hell Pit,while the Skaven holds in Lustria are garrisoned by some clanrats and skavenslaves.
    - The Chaos Dwarfs have a few issues with their buildings. Not that most of them miss descriptions,I understand why. But what is the deal with them having farms? I am not a master of Warhammer fantasy lore,but it looks like a rather stupid idea to grow crops where the Chaos Dwarfs reside. In game in your starting area your farms dont give you any real return value either since its all a huge blasted wasteland,so you dont get any money from building them or even a pop bonus.
    I say make them unbuildable in the Dark Lands,and have the slave markets give the CD a population bonus. Makes sense too,since lorewise almost all of their population are actually slaves and they are a slaver society that relies completely on slaves to work (and die) for their industry.
    - There is no reason for the CD to build regular gobbos and (maybe) the basic orcs,because the Hobgoblins are far,far better. I think the standard hobgoblin warriors cost a measly 100 gold more than standard goblin infantry,and their stats are more than doubled.

Thank you again for making this beast of a mod. All it needs now is bug fixing and a lot of polishing,and it will definetly become the greatest Total War mod ever made. Just as was prophesied,and as Hashut wills it.
    Last edited by Skull; June 18, 2016 at 06:18 AM.
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

I know it's not a high priority, but is there any chance we might see the Tomb Kings Warsphinx/Necrosphinx at some point in the future, also Ushabti with bows?
    Last edited by OhHaiEmma; June 18, 2016 at 12:11 AM.

Also I have to say that the only time I've had any crashes is when trying to fight a battle on the map on any of the Ogre kingdoms cities. I crash on all of them, unless I auto resolve. Kind of annoying but it's ogres, so I'm unlikely to lose by autoresolving!

Hm. I guess I need to try redownloading the mod via torrent then.
    A few more issues that were most likely already reported:
    - Settra carries only a wooden shield while riding on the chariot of the gods
    - Ushabti have some pink textures inside of their skull
    - The Hexwraiths have a wrong unit card that represents them as mounted vampires
    - Skeleton Slaves seem to have the same cost as Skeleton warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    Im playing right now, and i wonder if anybody have problems with diplomats between hochland and middenheim and nordland. Im trying to reach and alliance between us but this option is not visible.
    Empire diplomacy is being worked on for the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    Just fixed it, turned out it really didn't like me re-naming the mod to just EndTimes.
    Yeah, the install instructions are very exact. Skip a step or do more things and you're 99% likely to run into problems. Just about the only thing you can relatively safely alter is making some changes in the .cfg file so you have it full screen, turn off videos, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsmithGorehowl View Post
    Do a lot of the sieges, like for chaos castles, any elf ones, dwarfs, orcs, crash the game for anyone?
    Yes, for many people. We're trying to figure out why, since people aren't even getting it in the same ones. Some people only Chaos cities, others only Ogre cities, others all sieges. It's random, which means it's probably an install or system configuration issue, but we're still looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    A few other things I noticed while playing:
    - The placement of units on the camping map for the Skaven at the start makes no sense. There are (1 unit,actually) Plauge monks in Hell Pit,while the Skaven holds in Lustria are garrisoned by some clanrats and skavenslaves.
    - The Chaos Dwarfs have a few issues with their buildings. Not that most of them miss descriptions,I understand why. But what is the deal with them having farms? I am not a master of Warhammer fantasy lore,but it looks like a rather stupid idea to grow crops where the Chaos Dwarfs reside. In game in your starting area your farms dont give you any real return value either since its all a huge blasted wasteland,so you dont get any money from building them or even a pop bonus.
    I say make them unbuildable in the Dark Lands,and have the slave markets give the CD a population bonus. Makes sense too,since lorewise almost all of their population are actually slaves and they are a slaver society that relies completely on slaves to work (and die) for their industry.
    - There is no reason for the CD to build regular gobbos and (maybe) the basic orcs,because the Hobgoblins are far,far better. I think the standard hobgoblin warriors cost a measly 100 gold more than standard goblin infantry,and their stats are more than doubled.
    All of that is definitely subject to change. We've been brainstorming the CD building trees and roster.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHaiEmma View Post
    I know it's not a high priority, but is there any chance we might see the Tomb Kings Warsphinx/Necrosphinx at some point in the future, also Ushabti with bows?
    Yes and yes. Ushabti with Bows have a model already, but the animation I made for them didn't work great. The Sphinxes need a good model to do it justice.

Hm. I guess I need to try redownloading the mod via torrent then.
    A few more issues that were most likely already reported:
    - Settra carries only a wooden shield while riding on the chariot of the gods
    - Ushabti have some pink textures inside of their skull
    - The Hexwraiths have a wrong unit card that represents them as mounted vampires
    - Skeleton Slaves seem to have the same cost as Skeleton warriors
    It seems sometimes just reinstalling fixes issues. Is that Settra from a custom battle? And TK need work.

I really hope so
    And yes,it was in a custom battle.

When on the sujbect of siege bugs I just remembered one with the Karaks. I remember in the skaven camping when I moved the army from Hell Pit north and assaulted the ancient Dwarf city,I decided not to go against the frontal wall since it had cannon towers. I attacked the side enterance and took over the walls,only to realize that there are no stairs. And you can see through a part of the Slayer stature.

I really hope so
    And yes,it was in a custom battle.
    In custom battle you're getting the unique unit, but not Settra's unique battle model, just like with any general unit, so it puts the standard captain model in there instead. The only solution would be to remove the unit from custom battles so you can't select it. I'm not sure if that's really desirable.

When on the sujbect of siege bugs I just remembered one with the Karaks. I remember in the skaven camping when I moved the army from Hell Pit north and assaulted the ancient Dwarf city,I decided not to go against the frontal wall since it had cannon towers. I attacked the side enterance and took over the walls,only to realize that there are no stairs. And you can see through a part of the Slayer stature.
    The Karaks will eventually be improved, but for now the only solution would be to remove them, since the fixes aren't simple.

But then if we cut everything we've added that isn't perfect, you'll be playing the untouched COW 1.6 beta.

Hey,im not complaining,im just bug reporting

Hey,im not complaining,im just bug reporting
    I know, I just found it funny that the only easy solution to both the problems in the same post is to cut the whole thing. Most things can be fixed, and we're working hard on fixing them. 1.02 is shaping up to be a MUCH bigger overhaul than 1.01, and we're also working on future content and even optional alternative sub-submod addons!

Could you add a unit of skeleton archers or crossbows to the vampire counts? (I think they were in the 1.6) Because they don't have an undead themed regular range unit and just have the empire crossbowmen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Could you add a unit of skeleton archers or crossbows to the vampire counts? (I think they were in the 1.6) Because they don't have an undead themed regular range unit and just have the empire crossbowmen.

Thanks
    We actually removed them specifically so they wouldn't have an undead themed regular ranged unit, since that's one of their special weaknesses in the tabletop and lore. Skeleton archers are for Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts are limited to their wizards for ranged attack. It's like how Dwarfs don't have cavalry.