Thread: The original thread

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    no, absolutley not. i want to fight in mordheim
    Oh yeah... didn't think of that. Hmm. The old lore vs gameply thing keeps coming up, I guess. The problem is the M2 engine isn't really equipped to properly replicate the situation in Mordheim
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    no, absolutley not. i want to fight in mordheim
    And that's about the only reason it's still there. It's an identifiable city that's fun to fight in. It's also the Eastern area of the Empire's closest analogue to Marienburg for being a cash cow. It probably just needs to be made harder to take.

Quote Originally Posted by icenii View Post
    CTD's are happening when i get to the last icon during the end turn sequence, sometimes turning the FOW off can help get past this for an extra turn or 2 but never permanently, I'll just try another install.
    I don't know why some people are getting end turn CTDs and others not. If it was consistent for everyone then we could easily find the bugs, but the fact that it works fine for some people points to some kind of configuration issue rather than a typo or missing asset in the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    When I have a Celestial Wizards squad in my army, the game crashes. Another point, is correct that the missile damage for these wizards are 47?? The other wizards have 10...
    There's more in play with projectiles than the EDU damage, but the new Wizard projectiles are very much a WIP. I'll look into them more. Projectiles are tricky.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    We were talking about making a new one early in development, to give the Night Goblins some extra oomph. Of course, now they're pretty powerful with all the other big scaries they can recruit, so they're not desperate for it, but it's still cool.

That infantry idea for Giants sounds interesting. Their attacks would no longer do AOE damage, but they might work better. There's also potential for another round of combining to make the mount list even more efficient, if we need them. It all comes down to what else we're adding.

And nice work with the Dismounted Knights.
    AFAIK whit my limited modding knowledge if you make gigants infantry they will also suffer less from crashing upon the battlefield
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

The heroes and units you guys posted on Mod DB, are they coming soon?

I know Skaven already have amazing ranged units...but any chance we might see Stormfiends if you get a decent model for them? Also I wanted to say that I just had a 15k troops battle and there was no lag or slowdowns or anything. Which is amazing since my laptop is basically a hundred years old and made of tissue paper. This is one of the most stable mods I've ever played, great work.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    AFAIK whit my limited modding knowledge if you make gigants infantry they will also suffer less from crashing upon the battlefield
    That's quite possible. Unfortunately it isn't workable for the majority of elephant type units.

Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    The heroes and units you guys posted on Mod DB, are they coming soon?
    When they're ready. The heroes need to be rigged, coded in, tested, and applied to the campaign. The units additionally balanced, made unit cards and text for, and made recruitable, on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHaiEmma View Post
    I know Skaven already have amazing ranged units...but any chance we might see Stormfiends if you get a decent model for them?
    Theoretically they shouldn't be too hard to make, but That's basically giving Skaven Firebellies...

Also I wanted to say that I just had a 15k troops battle and there was no lag or slowdowns or anything. Which is amazing since my laptop is basically a hundred years old and made of tissue paper. This is one of the most stable mods I've ever played, great work.
    If only it was that stable for everyone!

Theoretically they shouldn't be too hard to make, but That's basically giving Skaven Firebellies...

You have a point there, maybe you could have them as a really small bodyguard unit for like, Thanquol? I assumed he wasn't going to be in a unit of other Grayseerers. Give them a much shorter ranged version of the ratling gunner's attack and model them with the ratling cannons option? Or you could add the warpfire projectors. They do come with pure melee options on the tabletop but they'd be basically just rat-ogres at that point.

I suppose it would depend on what sort of range attack you were planning to give Thanquol.

You have a point there, maybe you could have them as a really small bodyguard unit for like, Thanquol?
    That would be possible. I was thinking regular Rat Ogres, since the Boneripper model we have is a Rat Ogre with Thanquol on his shoulder.

I assumed he wasn't going to be in a unit of other Grayseerers. Give them a much shorter ranged version of the ratling gunner's attack and model them with the ratling cannons option? Or you could add the warpfire projectors. They do come with pure melee options on the tabletop but they'd be basically just rat-ogres at that point.
    Remember how everything cool is secretly an elephant? Well about those Rating Gunners... The super secret almost never done before secret to automatic fire infantry is that Medieval 2 included elephant rocketeers, which could fire as many projectiles as you set rapid fire, in one volley. So adding a 2nd unit using it would of course eat a mount slot. Warpfire would be do-able, but even with regular Rat Ogres that's a pretty powerful bodyguard, turning them into a Firebelly bodyguard, oh boy. Suddenly Thanquol is the ultimate beast general, better than Grimgor or Archaon. Maybe eventually a special Rat Ogre armor upgrade?

I suppose it would depend on what sort of range attack you were planning to give Thanquol.
    Probably none, but a solid hero ability. Sadly haven't worked enough on getting all the needed hero abilities together, but I think most big named characters will end up with one. Thanquol would probably have a morale one, so his army bravely sacrifices itself while he can run away.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

And that's about the only reason it's still there. It's an identifiable city that's fun to fight in. It's also the Eastern area of the Empire's closest analogue to Marienburg for being a cash cow. It probably just needs to be made harder to take.
    I recommend beefing up the garrison, and making one or several generals there with ten command stars and morale buffs for the army. As for the garrison, you can basically include human mercinaries, ogres, chaos, orcs, skaven and undead. Mordheim attracts all sorts, so making a ridiculously OP army (That the human player could probably conquer half the map with alone haha) would be the way to go, including mid to high tier chaos and skaven, ina ddition to free company, ogre maneaters and chaos sorcerers.
    The way I see it, the place has been attracting those seeking fortunes for years and then the news hits the disparate gangs and raiders that oh the Empire (Or whoever is marching on Mordheim) has turned up with a massive army with the intention of recolonising the place. There goes the income as law and order is restored, so everyone puts aside their rivalries and mans the walls.
    I also recommend lots of experience and weapon and armour upgrades.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

^^^^ I like this idea. I like it a whole lot. Though I can't imagine Skaven joining in, I'd love to see a mashup of humans and Ogres and Dwarves and Chaos worshippers turning Mordheim into a carnage zone.

Can anybody tell me hov to decrease squalor in my cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Leszy77 View Post
    Can anybody tell me hov to decrease squalor in my cities?
    It's all about population. As simply as it is, you have to reduce it somehow: taxes, hunger, lack of health. And yes, if you don't want to wait for long - just bring them some plague or provoke riots.

Maybe eventually a special Rat Ogre armor upgrade?
    That's a good idea, but maybe decrease the number of models in the unit slightly if you do implement an armour upgrade. The rat ogres are already beasts in combat, giving them even MORE toughness would mean you basically need artillery or mages to deal with them.

Probably none, but a solid hero ability. Sadly haven't worked enough on getting all the needed hero abilities together, but I think most big named characters will end up with one. Thanquol would probably have a morale one, so his army bravely sacrifices itself while he can run away.
    Mighty and powerful Thanquol never runs away! How dare you imply that! He just makes strategic withdrawals is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Terenfear View Post
    It's all about population. As simply as it is, you have to reduce it somehow: taxes, hunger, lack of health. And yes, if you don't want to wait for long - just bring them some plague or provoke riots.
    Thx. But is there any way to reduce squalor without reducing population? For example building some secial bulidings or sth?

Hey, I'm not sure if you have someone else doing Tomb King stuff, but I've added cards/info for everything missing and 'desertified' some of the snowy placeholder buildings. I also fixed the sprites for scarabs and skeleton chariots, added more general portraits, and two new (hinterland type) buildings: Great 'Pyramid of Settra' and 'Numasi Enclave' (of the living). The full list of modifications is in the enclosed txt/word file.

TombKing_additions_Sanatyr6242016.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Sanatyr View Post
    Hey, I'm not sure if you have someone else doing Tomb King stuff, but I've added cards/info for everything missing and 'desertified' some of the snowy placeholder buildings. I also fixed the sprites for scarabs and skeleton chariots, added more general portraits, and two new (hinterland type) buildings: Great 'Pyramid of Settra' and 'Numasi Enclave' (of the living). The full list of modifications is in the enclosed txt/word file.

TombKing_additions_Sanatyr6242016.zip
    Doh, forgot a couple of unit_info cards, and some typos.

TombKing_additions_Sanatyr6242016_v2.zip

Are you guys going to have, or already have carnosaurs?

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Sanatyr View Post
    Doh, forgot a couple of unit_info cards, and some typos.

TombKing_additions_Sanatyr6242016_v2.zip
    excellent work Sanatyr, i'm sure your job will be added as part of the main submod, you have done very well stuff

Quote Originally Posted by WakelessREX View Post
    Are you guys going to have, or already have carnosaurs?
    Not yet, maybe in future will be added but require a lot of time since the member of the team that has made the stegadont is working alone to make new lizardmen units as salamanders from scratch, so we aren't sure when will be added
    Last edited by jimbomen95; June 24, 2016 at 06:22 AM.

any plans to make gors stronger? they are pretty much useless in there current state with ungor spears and marauders doing their job already.