Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    You can find it in the "...\(main M2TW directory)\logs" folder.
    Eariel I red that all crash logs are located somewhere in the AppData folder? Is that true?

Is there a fix for the crash when using Nuln Great Cannons? I also have a question about the Screaming Bell for the Skaven. How does the moral penalty and buff work exactly? Do I have to keep the unit it comes with equipped to it for the buff to work? Or can I just put it behind my line and have the unit drop it and still get the buff/debuff?
    Last edited by OhHaiEmma; June 28, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

Tried using the search function... sorry if I missed the answer.

Do sieges have oil / murder holes / wall towers working properly?

As far as the mod goes its awesome!

But I noticed lots of stuff in sieges not working.

Lots of wall towers don't shoot (even when they are surrounded by allies with no enemies nearby) and I have never seen a gate use oil or murder holes yet... and I attacked some pretty damn high level dwarf ones and if they don't get oil and murder holes who does?!?! lol

Seriously the mod is awesome and I hope you guys keep working on it smoothen out whatever bugs you find! But I hope the sieges get some love unless my game is just bugged!

Edit: also I play this right along side warhammer total war, please keep working on it! its just a good in its own way!!!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by anduril38 View Post
    Been getting really bad texture flickering in the sky/land in battle, like pale-colour jagged edges flashing everywhere. Not sure on what the issue is, everything is up to date, 4gb patch etc too.
    try pulling anti aliasing to highest through in game main menu-options-video options- advanced options
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Leszy77 View Post
    Eariel I red that all crash logs are located somewhere in the AppData folder? Is that true?
    It's possible, but it's a really bad sign for any mod use if you have things going to the appdata folder. You should do a google search about how to fix that on your version of Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHaiEmma View Post
    Is there a fix for the crash when using Nuln Great Cannons? I also have a question about the Screaming Bell for the Skaven. How does the moral penalty and buff work exactly? Do I have to keep the unit it comes with equipped to it for the buff to work? Or can I just put it behind my line and have the unit drop it and still get the buff/debuff?
    Either remove or put a ; in front of the officer line in export_descr_unit for the Nuln Cannon. It says Emmanuelle. Screaming Bell has a constant area effect around the bell model, the crew is just able to move it around, but the effect lasts as long as units are close enough to it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsmithGorehowl View Post
    Do sieges have oil / murder holes / wall towers working properly?
    Some do. I think Empire ones definitely work, even the oil. Dwarf ones might not have everything setup properly, since they were custom made. That will all likely be fixed in the future.

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

Guys, i have to ask you a hand with the new soundtrack for bretonnia, kislev and dogs of war; actually as i said i have already remade the campaign soundtrack for these faction, but they still share the same battle musics with empire, so i have to ask you a little help to make more unique their fight soundtracks; send me in PRIVATE a message if you have suggestions in order i can edit better the atmosphere of the submod, but i ask you to follow these 3 SIMPLE requests:

1) put a link to the tracks you think could work
    2) say who is the artist/author/group who realized it so i can give proper credits
    3) specific for which faction you think the track or tracks could work better

Messages that will not be sent privatly or will miss only one of the points above will be not considered; i know, it could sound a request asked in a rude manner, but is to avoid loss of time and especially problems. Thank you for everyone that will help me and the team to rendering better the atmosphere of this submod, and as always good game to everyone.

P.S. i will take in consideration all the private messages that will follow all the 3 points until a week from today, meaning that after the 6th of july the time will end, because requires a lot of time to test that all works fine. Take into consideration that since my time zone is that of Italy, when in my country will be 12.00 AM the time avaiable will end, so consider carefully when sent your suggestions.
    Last edited by jimbomen95; June 28, 2016 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Screaming Bell has a constant area effect around the bell model, the crew is just able to move it around, but the effect lasts as long as units are close enough to it.
    Thanks. Related question, does having multiple screaming bells stack the effect?

Quote Originally Posted by OhHaiEmma View Post
    Thanks. Related question, does having multiple screaming bells stack the effect?
    I'm not sure. The effects are using the same mechanic that negative morale effects from projectiles use, so does getting shot at by multiple gunpowder or special artillery units like Doom Divers or Hellcannons stack the effect? I would say probably not, but having multiple Screaming Bells spread apart so more of your units are close to one would help.

Some additional observations from my Dwarf campaign.

AI has a major issue with rebellions. This is probably caused by high population growth that AI can achieve, so either population growth needs to be lowerd for the AI or generally decrease the squalor so that its impact on public order is lessened. At about turn 60 Reikland, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts, Skaven, Night Goblins, Ogres, Ostermark, Wiesenland have all lost at least one settlement to rebellions. At one point I've took a castle from Night Goblins which had over 33 000 population.

I can not upgrade my castles into fortresses as Dwarves, I assume that is a designer decision, so i assume I can't upgrade fortresses into citadels too (I haven't reached the required population for it yet). In principle I am fine with it. However, in fortress Dwarves can't build last level of infantry barracks, which are exclusively tied to citadels, while at the same time armor factory (also the level 5) could be built in the fortress. I think this should change, because right now Karaz a Karak is the only place from which i can obtain the best infantry, creating the problem for future expansion into Chaos realm. So if fortresses couldn't be upgraded into citadels, player should be able to build the highest level of barracks in them still, as he is able to do with smiths.

I would also like to suggest to mod team to make mercenaries like M2TW ones, to be able to be recruited in the field without special buildings, upping their cost to offset immediate recruitment. Long Drongs could be available around some coastal regions, Bugman's rangers in western provinces and Dragon legion in world's edge mountains. Also similarly for the other mercs too. This is a nit ability of M2TW and it should be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    AI has a major issue with rebellions.
    Population growth issues are fixed in the next patch.

I can not upgrade my castles into fortresses as Dwarves, I assume that is a designer decision, so i assume I can't upgrade fortresses into citadels too (I haven't reached the required population for it yet).
    Yup, by design. The way settlements are set up by culture, allowing upgrades does weird things, and the timescale is so short, the idea of Dwarfs deciding to renovate a Karak over a year or two is crazytalk.

However, in fortress Dwarves can't build last level of infantry barracks, which are exclusively tied to citadels, while at the same time armor factory (also the level 5) could be built in the fortress. I think this should change, because right now Karaz a Karak is the only place from which i can obtain the best infantry, creating the problem for future expansion into Chaos realm. So if fortresses couldn't be upgraded into citadels, player should be able to build the highest level of barracks in them still, as he is able to do with smiths.
    Building chains are being completely overhauled, so recruitment is getting fixed.

I would also like to suggest to mod team to make mercenaries like M2TW ones, to be able to be recruited in the field without special buildings, upping their cost to offset immediate recruitment. Long Drongs could be available around some coastal regions, Bugman's rangers in western provinces and Dragon legion in world's edge mountains. Also similarly for the other mercs too. This is a nit ability of M2TW and it should be implemented.
    There are some, for some factions, but I do want to expand on that to be available for most factions. It's planned.

Will the ChaoS Dwarves get the priest agent in the next patch?

Trying to download the game i get the torrent downloaded, and when trying to unzip the file, it stops toward 5 mins in saying cannot download, saying the archive may be damage. Is there another way to download the game?

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

I'm not sure whether to post this here but it's a small question so I don't think it's worth making a new post. Is anyone else here having problems with Giants in this mod? Whenever there are Giants during a battle the game just up and crashes at me, doesn't matter if I'm play with or against them. Is there a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Kendoka View Post
    Will the ChaoS Dwarves get the priest agent in the next patch?
    Yes, all factions get all agents.

Quote Originally Posted by kakuri62 View Post
    I'm not sure whether to post this here but it's a small question so I don't think it's worth making a new post. Is anyone else here having problems with Giants in this mod? Whenever there are Giants during a battle the game just up and crashes at me, doesn't matter if I'm play with or against them. Is there a fix?
    Several people seem to be having issues with them. We're working on fixes for everything we can in 1.02.

Several people seem to be having issues with them. We're working on fixes for everything we can in 1.02.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer, I've also being crashing consistently while playing as Reikland for some reason, tested it with 3 campaigns already, it occurs erratically after a certain number of turns (varies).

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Several people seem to be having issues with them. We're working on fixes for everything we can in 1.02.
    Ratling guns, lead belchers etc all cause random crashes for me also. Elephant based units appear to be very finicky with how they are coded with number of crew and number of elephants, as certain combinations always cause a crash the moment one appears on the battlefield. Other combinations appear to fix the constant crashing, but I feel there is something inherently wrong with elephant units and they will always be unstable. Just my observation, the further you stray from a basic elephant setup, like an elephant with a number of crew standing on top, the less stable they become.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Ratling guns, lead belchers etc all cause random crashes for me also. Elephant based units appear to be very finicky with how they are coded with number of crew and number of elephants, as certain combinations always cause a crash the moment one appears on the battlefield. Other combinations appear to fix the constant crashing, but I feel there is something inherently wrong with elephant units and they will always be unstable. Just my observation, the further you stray from a basic elephant setup, like an elephant with a number of crew standing on top, the less stable they become.
    I've noticed that the Giant is regarded as cavalry but his (somewhat buggy) animations appear to be based on the infantry category. Perhaps this could be the cause of crashes? I'm not an expert at modding Total War games so I could very well be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Elephants were made to have at least 3 riders per elephant, so we've had some promise with increasing the invisible rider count to match that in elephant based units. Of course it means the number shown on the unit card will always be 3 times higher, but so far it seems to be more stable with some limited testing. Hopefully that is the fix, because unfortunately the Ratling Gunners and Lead Belchers as we have them won't work if turned into infantry, and things like Giant Spiders are out of the question. Maybe you could test out having 3 riders and see if it crashes any less for you as we put together the rest of 1.02.

Some of these bugs only affect some people, which is a real pain in the ass. For instance, the crashing in sieges against Chaos, Ogre, and Night Goblin settlements are from wrong settlement/wall level combinations, which crashes for some people and works just fine for others, or even on a 2nd try. We've got it fixed for 1.02, but the fact that it worked for the people that tested those internally is really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    I've downloaded that where i have gotten a zip file, i go to unpack the zip file and halfway through it will say cannot unpack archive may be damaged