Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post

Some of these bugs only affect some people, which is a real pain in the ass. For instance, the crashing in sieges against Chaos, Ogre, and Night Goblin settlements are from wrong settlement/wall level combinations, which crashes for some people and works just fine for others, or even on a 2nd try. We've got it fixed for 1.02, but the fact that it worked for the people that tested those internally is really annoying.
    Well that must be annoying to add some anecdotes for me it crahses for me if I attack either High/Dark Elves (did not test Wood Elves) or the Moussillion. Though the Norscan Sieges worked fine so far (they had so Orky stuff present though). Though aside from the crashes the mod is great so far.

Are araby troops unbreakable? I killed 70% of their troops, had ushabti fighting in the middle the whole time, had screaming skull catapults firing into them the whole time, they never stopped being eager, not even troops with like 3 remaining men. Am I missing something, or are they actually unbreakable? Eventually I lost because my skeletons got tired from killing them and their light cavalry somehow outfought my mummies/spear skellies/ushabti.

Otherwise absolutely a blast to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenguard View Post
    I've downloaded that where i have gotten a zip file, i go to unpack the zip file and halfway through it will say cannot unpack archive may be damaged
    No idea why that's happening, it's worked for everyone that's playing so far. Maybe try a different extraction program, like 7zip or WinRAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Silwyth View Post
    Well that must be annoying to add some anecdotes for me it crahses for me if I attack either High/Dark Elves (did not test Wood Elves) or the Moussillion. Though the Norscan Sieges worked fine so far (they had so Orky stuff present though). Though aside from the crashes the mod is great so far.
    Very annoying. Thanks for your report, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexia0 View Post
    Are araby troops unbreakable?
    Yes, being fixed in the next patch.

Hey devs, great work so far. Will there be or is there any campaign balancing present in the game?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

where did all the units' voices come from?

Ok wonderful. Another question, is there a list of known bugs or something? I'd like to report stuff but would rather avoid wasting your time reading through things you already know about.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

I have a question
    what is the in game name of the master engineers whit hochland long rifles
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

How do i get siege battles to work in multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPhoenix View Post
    Hey devs, great work so far. Will there be or is there any campaign balancing present in the game?
    What do you mean by campaign balancing? If you mean balanced differently than CoW 1.6, then yes, it's very different. It has to be, without the scripting that's the core of CoW's balance, and look at how much bigger the map is:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you mean are we working on improving it from 1.01, then yes, we're always trying to improve it. I think 1.01 is pretty decently balanced on the campaign map, in that the right factions are coming out as major threats, but there's always room for improvement. There's a lot of internal balancing for each faction that can be done.

Right now we're working on making all the recruitment trees have logical progressions, so it's worth building up your cities as each faction, giving you a reward as you go up each tier. We're also working on matching up the unit balance and availability, to improve the general feel of each faction, so things like the super elite units are very hard to get and expensive, but powerful when used right. Balance is a big priority!

Quote Originally Posted by MobiSev View Post
    where did all the units' voices come from?
    Most of them are from galloper's voicemod which has a thread or three somewhere here in the Sub Mods section. Other new ones were gathered by Jimbomen from various sources on youtube. I'm working on a proper credits.

Ok wonderful. Another question, is there a list of known bugs or something? I'd like to report stuff but would rather avoid wasting your time reading through things you already know about.
    Siege crash bugs, turn 80-82 end turn bug, turn 140 end turn bug, Giants crashing bug, staring too long at Cragmere causing Chaos to materialize in the real world as you sleep that night bug, Nuln Cannon bug, Dwarf Karak walls bugs, diplomacy text bugs, building tree bugs, and I think that covers most known ones. Most are already being fixed for 1.02.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    I have a question
    what is the in game name of the master engineers whit hochland long rifles
    From export_descr_unit:
    Code:
    type             Nuln enge with long rifle
    dictionary       Nuln_enge1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippa_Snippa View Post
    How do i get siege battles to work in multiplayer?
    From the moddb FAQ:
    Q: How do I play siege battles in custom battle or multiplayer without it crashing?
    A: First select fort, then the culture level, then the settlement level.

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive answer. I have another question which is to do with modding. How did you make regions become "selected" and highlighted with a certain factions "colour" when choosing a particular faction at the start of a campaign?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

What about the minor stuff? Like mine upgrades being seemingly pointless and the money granted by mines being listed twice/some farm upgrades listing +0 etc? Chaos crusade / ork whaagh giving me THIS TEXT SHOULDN'T BE VISIBLE DO NOT TRANSLATE or something like that as ogre kingdoms.

Also, the mournfang riders have weird stats. Somehow they have far far less attack/charge than their unmounted ogre brothers.

Speaking of ogres, their start feels really strange. They have 18k from king's purse but because of their huge starting army they start at -8k income. Only way to get income is to immediately disband all the gorgers. I think it'd probably be more interesting if you started with far less troops (and king's purse) and had to raid more to begin with, instead of just starting a conquest of whatever faction you feel like the first turn.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPhoenix View Post
    Thanks for the quick and comprehensive answer. I have another question which is to do with modding. How did you make regions become "selected" and highlighted with a certain factions "colour" when choosing a particular faction at the start of a campaign?
    You have to create new pictures for each. There's tutorials for modding in the Medieval 2 mod workshop on this site.

What about the minor stuff?
    ESPECIALLY THE MINOR STUFF!

Speaking of ogres, their start feels really strange. They have 18k from king's purse but because of their huge starting army they start at -8k income. Only way to get income is to immediately disband all the gorgers. I think it'd probably be more interesting if you started with far less troops (and king's purse) and had to raid more to begin with, instead of just starting a conquest of whatever faction you feel like the first turn.
    You're playing as a great Ogre migration. They're pressed to conquer or die, because their troops are gluttonous and seeking food, since there's just too many Ogres in the Mountains of Mourn to sustain. You're expected to go into the red at first, but you have enough troops to end up turning a profit after some conquests, and only then will you be able to build and recruit. They're an anti-turtling faction, you have to win to feed your armies, and every loss hurts until you can start replenishing your forces. While other factions focus on building, Ogres have to tear things down.

If you don't like that direction with them, you can make those adjustments in your own game easily enough, and release that as your own sub-submod/balance patch. There's no one "right" way for everything to be, only different visions, and we can't possibly please everyone with every decision. That, and it's all very much a work in progress, still, and Ogres do need more work, but overall the focus for them as a faction is to move en masse Westward for food, the same way they moved across the Sky Titan lands into the Mountains of Mourn. The Ogres that are in other lands to act as mercenaries are the ones available to other factions as, well, mercenaries.

Remi_'s Avatar Laetus

Hello charming people, here's a quick Manticore update for you to see:

holy freakin hell, that thig is scary as fucck
    cant wait to ride it into some pointy ears

Awesome! I like the murderous look in his eyes.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

@ whiffofgrapeshot thanks for your answer
    @ remi- great work
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

First of all, I love you for all the effort and detail you put into the mod.
    My first playthrough so far is as the wood elves and I'm greatly enjoying their playstyle.
    So far I've only found 3 points that the wood elves could really use:
    - lorewise a caster unit would be awesome, as the WE have strong forest magic ( maybe a green beam cast )
    - some kind of way to break walls, maybe the caster could double as that since arty doesnt really fit their lore
    -more fleshed out heroes including tree generals, sadly orion king of the forest starts as a pretty weak general

@ Remi_

Love it, it has a slight Dark Souls charm.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Remi_ View Post
    Hello charming people, here's a quick Manticore update for you to see:
    Cool, i've added the one from The Sundering but this looks even better! That one that i added had a bugged wing-animation unfortunately.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Dont worry im rigging this one so the wings will work just fine