Page 12 of 156 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Hochland shouldn't be as boring, this time around. You'll have more to do than sit there waiting for Chaos to pop up and attack your neighbors.

Keep in mind that just because those areas are rebel, that doesn't mean they're empty. They're not, they just aren't playable factions. I'm wary of merging Empire factions because it's against the lore to merge them into a smaller number of conjoined factions, and though it'd be more lore friendly to make them a single faction, they'd end up with a single color palette. "The Empire" doesn't mean just Reikland, despite what Total War: Warhammer might tell us.

And you guys should know that we're much more pressed by needing to cut units than needing to merge the Empire to fill everything in better, and I want to avoid cutting other peoples' work as much as possible.

And Wood Elves are going to end up their own faction at some point, we just haven't gotten that done yet.
    Thank you for your work.

Orcs and goblins, dwarves, bretonnia, vampires etc. are not one single faction, too. But there are no 5 different orcish tribes.
    Can't you turn some of those factions into rebels, not all empire factions need to be playable. Europa barbarorum had a different rebel tag for each city which represented the tribe that lived there. And each rebel city had full garrison. You can make the same thing here for some empire factions.

No. feel free to make your own sub mod tho. you have my premission to use my assets.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Thank you for your work.

Orcs and goblins, dwarves, bretonnia, vampires etc. are not one single faction, too. But there are no 5 different orcish tribes.
    Can't you turn some of those factions into rebels, not all empire factions need to be playable. Europa barbarorum had a different rebel tag for each city which represented the tribe that lived there. And each rebel city had full garrison. You can make the same thing here for some empire factions.
    O&G will have lots of their own rebels to deal with to represent their disunity. What you play as is fairly unified Waaagh! forces under your powerful warbosses. Dwarfs are very unified, I don't know how much more separated they could be made. The game already shows the differences between Karak Kadrin and Karaz-A-Karak and the like, but they don't war with each other. Pretty much the same goes for Bretonnia, which only wars internally due to things like Vampires in Mousillon, which is also present in our campaign, controlled by Vampire Counts. And that leads into the Vampires, which yes, are techically not as unified as presented in the game, though we are trying to showcase their diversity by including representation of all the bloodlines, with the Red Duke in Mousillon and Neferata in Silver Pinnacle, though all part of the single playable Vampire Counts faction.

It would be possible to make some Empire factions rebels, but what would we replace them with? I'm sure the Hochland fans would be pretty bummed out to find out their favorite army, which has been represented in every COW to date, has been removed so we could make Araby playable. Especially since we're planning to further make each Empire faction play slightly different, and the new campaign will require them all to work together or die separately.

Instead of Europa Barbarorum, look to the more close analogue of the 1648 mod. Now say "I don't like Wurtemburg, you should merge them with Baden and Cologne and just call them 'Other Germans' and then add in Italy and England".

Libertus

Amazing work so far, i am really hyped for this one. I would like to ask you guys if you could elaborate on scripts in this mod? Are you keeping the old ones such as mercenaries, beastman and chaos spawns, ork and chaos undivided invasions? Are there any new scripts planned/made for the first release? Keep up the amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Yogimanz View Post
    Amazing work so far, i am really hyped for this one. I would like to ask you guys if you could elaborate on scripts in this mod? Are you keeping the old ones such as mercenaries, beastman and chaos spawns, ork and chaos undivided invasions? Are there any new scripts planned/made for the first release? Keep up the amazing work!
    One of the main points of the mod is making the excessive scripts unneeded. Now Chaos will invade as the AI decides, not a single big mass spawn around turn 80. The AI will march armies from the Wastes to their target, picking up additional units along the way. The Greenskins will do the same. I'd like to keep the base mod very script-light, but there are plans for eventually adding certain mission type scripts.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah, our decision on empire factions is final. Please stop asking us.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

This all sounds very, very exciting! I've been playing a lot of Warsword Conquest (a Warhammer Fantasy mod for Mount & Blade: Warband), and I've been in a very Warhammer mood, lately.

I am really excited to see what else you guys come up with. Consider me a follower!

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Yeah, our decision on empire factions is final. Please stop asking us.
    Well, now that you've told me to stop asking I have to ask...........
    But seriously: as the Empire will be one faction, will the scripted attacks be reduced, ie beastmen? Such a massive faction micro-ing so many theaters of war would be nightmarish. I suppose with the new map and everything that is probably/obviously what you're doing, but I'd like to know.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Our final decision is to keep all the Empire factions seperate. And while we're removing nearly all the S ripts, there will be plenty of Beastmen rebel spawns.

That work you guys are doing is totally amazing!
    I just wanted to ask, is the empire be a unite fact... AH-AH! Just kidding!
    I actually wanted to know if you guys are planning to add some other monster general- unit to the game such as varghulf, zombie dragons (with blood dragon on top :3), manticores (with chaos lord), necrosphinx, hydras etc.
    Keep up the good work, if you continue like this i will never buy Total War Warhammer

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    That work you guys are doing is totally amazing!
    I just wanted to ask, is the empire be a unite fact... AH-AH! Just kidding!
    It wouldn't be hard at all for someone to make a sub-submod removing 9/10 Empire factions and a bunch of units and replacing them with all the now-rebel factions. If anyone REALLY cares enough to do it, by all means. I'm very pro-sub-submod.

I actually wanted to know if you guys are planning to add some other monster general- unit to the game such as varghulf, zombie dragons (with blood dragon on top :3), manticores (with chaos lord), necrosphinx, hydras etc.
    Keep up the good work, if you continue like this i will never buy Total War Warhammer
    We have some plans, and even more ideas, it's just a lot of stuff to create. If any modelers know how to make a Varghulf, Vargeist, Manticore, Necrosphinx, etc. then we'll gladly try to include them. We've gotten some really cool stuff working, so it isn't impossible to get more in, too, just a lot of work, and we want to actually release this mod sometime soon.

very good to know! However i think to remember that they had some chimera/manticore (even dragons) models in the sundering, even though i dont know if you are allowed to take tose

very good to know! However i think to remember that they had some chimera/manticore (even dragons) models in the sundering, even though i dont know if you are allowed to take tose
    Being told to take stuff from The Sundering is even more of a running gag than being told to cut Empire factions.

Hi,
    There will be custom settlements for each race? It's weird to siege a Skaven citiy and see arabic buildings...another thing is to make the environment more like Warhammer, I mean, dark skies, settlements and terrain...like Third Age Total War.

Thanks

lol i derped so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    Hi,
    There will be custom settlements for each race? It's weird to siege a Skaven citiy and see arabic buildings...another thing is to make the environment more like Warhammer, I mean, dark skies, settlements and terrain...like Third Age Total War.

Thanks
    Check the last couple of pages in the thread, that kind of stuff is in. We've got some custom settlements, and the environments are all appropriate, including the Dark Lands.

A better option to add in Araby is to remove the Night Goblins or Norsca as a playable faction, i would personally rather have them as unplayable factions that the AI can control. Norsca is fine, but they use a lot of units which Chaos already has. The only reason why i love them is because they are based off the Scandinavians, i'm from Norway so that's why.

As for the Night Goblins...they are not fun to play at all to be honest..the only unique unit they have is the fanatics..that's it. If you don't want to remove them, then just integrate them into the Orcs & Goblins race.

You are a racist if you are not adding Araby or Nippon as a faction, arabs and asians need some love too. *Sarcasm intensifies*

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosPillager56 View Post
    A better option to add in Araby is to remove the Night Goblins or Norsca as a playable faction, i would personally rather have them as unplayable factions that the AI can control. Norsca is fine, but they use a lot of units which Chaos already has. The only reason why i love them is because they are based off the Scandinavians, i'm from Norway so that's why.

As for the Night Goblins...they are not fun to play at all to be honest..the only unique unit they have is the fanatics..that's it. If you don't want to remove them, then just integrate them into the Orcs & Goblins race.

You are a racist if you are not adding Araby or Nippon as a faction, arabs and asians need some love too. *Sarcasm intensifies*
    Norsca has been cut for woodelves already, night goblins we are going to keep because now they can join wahhhgs with the orcs so makes it a little more fun having them both attacking you rather than just orcs. Also they have some unique units now that set them apart. Nippon is not on the map so not going to include them. Araby on the other hand has some cool stuff but the only way to play as them is to take araby with dogs of war so you can recruit there units.

I can't wait. The suspense is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Norsca has been cut for woodelves already, night goblins we are going to keep because now they can join wahhhgs with the orcs so makes it a little more fun having them both attacking you rather than just orcs. Also they have some unique units now that set them apart. Nippon is not on the map so not going to include them. Araby on the other hand has some cool stuff but the only way to play as them is to take araby with dogs of war so you can recruit there units.
    That sounds like a neat idea and i fully support this mod of yours.

Also what about custom battles, will we for example be able to recruit Araby as mercenaries and will custom settlements and other improvements be added to it? I would like the idea of recruiting heroes and lords in custom battles, that would be a very nice touch instead of having a regular general like..all the time when i play custom battles.