Thread: The original thread

Default Re: The original thread

Sounds totally legit to me.
    Wanna ask: how is zombie dragons and varghulf development going? hope quite fine

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

The only time the undead having any stamina reduction at all seems to come into play for me is either when you have a huge battle involving like 6 stacks on the campaign map and the giant moshpit in the center takes about 45 minutes to resolve, or if you're fighting another undead army. beyond that it hasn't been a problem for me, although that's because my strategy with undead is "here's my Zombies/skeletons etc, oh look my cav is cyclecharging you into oblivion, have fun having your almost fullstrength infantry rout on you because fear causing bye bye" which means battles are usually concluded before fatigue sets in
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Nope, no way to selectively turn it completely off as far as I'm aware. Consider it part of the crumbling mechanic we can't fully implement, either.
    hmm...ok, thanks for the reply!

Another question, what stats are affected by the stamina decrease? and can you change those stats per stamina level to make them the same as fresh when the unit is tired, very tired, etc.? or was that what you meant when you said crumbling mechanic you cant implement?

I have two problems. Why cities dont upgrade and why cannon towers dont shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    Sounds totally legit to me.
    Wanna ask: how is zombie dragons and varghulf development going? hope quite fine
    Probably not going to make the next release. We're filling it up quite a bit, and VC aren't hurting for those.

Quote Originally Posted by MobiSev View Post
    Another question, what stats are affected by the stamina decrease? and can you change those stats per stamina level to make them the same as fresh when the unit is tired, very tired, etc.? or was that what you meant when you said crumbling mechanic you cant implement?
    We can't control stamina beyond changing how quickly units fatigue. Units move and attack slower, and they're more likely to break when hit with morale penalties when exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by gepeac View Post
    I have two problems. Why cities dont upgrade and why cannon towers dont shoot.
    Because you haven't made a submod to fix all the problems before we get a chance to. Why haven't you? WHY?

icenii's Avatar Civis

@WhiffOfGrapeshot I dare you to post just 1 more time, go ahead and see what happens
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Where can I read the improvements of the next patch? The CTDs in siege battles will be fixed?

Hi all you brave developers!

A big fan of the dwarves is full of fear, concerning the perfomance of his beloved stunties in MP.

We all know that their units are two expensive compared to others and all the other problems.
    Now watching all the youtube channels,... here are the reasons for my fear:

1. Mortars are down to 2 engines and have their range reduced. ( the only Artillery for the stunties that did something for its money!)
    2. It was said that the basic dwarven infantry will not be able to set stakes anymore! ( oO!!!)
    3. What could be seen from the gyrocopter so far, was very lackluster. ( expensive, fragile, poor damage!)

I hope you understand that i am very worried.

Nevertheless, thank you all for many, many hours of fun with your work.

Graviak

Quote Originally Posted by icenii View Post
    @WhiffOfGrapeshot I dare you to post just 1 more time, go ahead and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    Where can I read the improvements of the next patch? The CTDs in siege battles will be fixed?
    No full patchlogs. Yes, the majority of CTDs should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviak View Post
    ( the only Artillery for the stunties that did something for its money!)
    Being fixed.

It was said that the basic dwarven infantry will not be able to set stakes anymore! ( oO!!!)
    They won't need them!

What could be seen from the gyrocopter so far, was very lackluster. ( expensive, fragile, poor damage!)
    Pre-pre-aleph proof of concept footage, not final product. It's improved.

I hope you understand that i am very worried.
    Don't worry too hard, Dwarfs aren't being nerfed to death.

Nevertheless, thank you all for many, many hours of fun with your work.
    Hope it'll be better fun with a better version!
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; November 26, 2016 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks for the quick answer!

...finally goes to sleep unconcerned.

THANK YOU!

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

I remind you that there cannot be any discussion on software that modifies the executable file.

Everyone should read every word here several times over before posting a comment: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cal-Assistance

Question: are be(a)stmen able to hide in forests? even big guys? If they are not i really think they should

I'm not sure if anything using the Elephant units as a base for their code have the ability to hide, period. I can't recall any mod at all using Elephants or monsters using their code being able to do so, unfortunately. Same would apply to Treemen, which should be able to blend into forests. Happy to be proven wrong though, if it is possible. Definitely all beastmen and wood elves capable of being given the hiding trait should be able to do so.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

The majority of Beastmen units will be able to hide in forests, but as far as my testing has shown, nothing mounted can enter a hide animation without crashing, so no horse or elephant based units. Luckily for the Beastmen, that pretty much just means things like Centigors and Giants for now.

Horse based units can hide, but yeah I've never seen them have a hiding animation in any mod for M2 (or Rome 1 for that matter)
    Also annoyingly it seems that units containing a general are unable to hide. I'd wager that's to stop an entire army from being hidden and glitching out the AI opponent.

I have some VC-related questions:

1: How exactly does recruit mercenaries ('raise dead') work in the campaign map? Do the amount of units you can raise refresh over time? is it a different amount of units per region? Is it increased if a large battle has been in said region?

2: How exactly does necromancy work? I know that units can 'heal' at the end of a battle, but is that affected by necromancy? or something else? Or can entire lost units return because of it?

3: I know a lot of people say that every undead unit causes fear (since this is how it works in tabletop/TW:Warhammer) but surely that isn't the case? It's only units that have the 'frighten nearby enemies' trait right?

4: Is there a way to manipulate which unit benefits from the free upkeep in a settlement? It would be much more beneficial if I could negate the upkeep of my levvy human troops rather than my undead forces that barely cost upkeep.

Well I know that free upkeep automatically provides it for the most expensive units first, doesn't it? Always has done for me

EDIT (to avoid doubleposting): I was watching Arch Warhammer's video about the Glade Guard, and it got me thinking, perhaps it'd be a good idea to have Dryads, Treekin and Treemen spawn in rebel armies within Athel Loren, as apparently there are some areas of the woods where the forest spirits hate anything not leafy and barky. This would provide the Wood Elves with things to fight with. There should also be spawning stacks of Beastmen, in the form of rebels, as apparently the forest basically breeds the damn things.
    What do the devs think of this?
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; November 30, 2016 at 09:28 AM.

Hi.
    First - I love your mod.
    I have couple of questions.
    1) Can you start as one of Chaos faction and then conquer others and become Chaos Undivided?
    2) I can get giants and trolls for Chaos Dwarfs in custom battle, but it seems they are not recruitable on campaign map. Is that how it suppose to be?
    2)Are you guys planning to extend Chaos Dwarf roaster? I'm kind of working on some units for myslef( Immortals, berzerkers, k'daa Bull centaurs and siege gianti), so if you don't have plans maybe I should push myself and make something that is usable in your mod.