Thread: The original thread

Default Re: The original thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    Just a silly question...When I would like to start a new campaign should I delete the file map.rwm?
    Not needed unless you've made changes to the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Not needed unless you've made changes to the campaign.
    Thanks!!

Question: why are grave guards going toe to toe with imperial swordsman? Shouldn't they be superior on a 2:1 or 1.5:1 ratio? On TT they are like a chaos warrior with better rules and nasty weapons...
    Also im kinda of starting to feel the need for a two handers version wich is not drakenhof guard now that foot blood knights are gone
    Last edited by logan93; May 07, 2017 at 03:22 AM.

Anything happening frequently like that is not scripted spawns, it's Minor Factions, which can be built in their settlements or appear anywhere on the map randomly. It fits into the lore, there's enemies everywhere, within everyone's borders, constant threat of being attacked as soon as you set foot outside any city. Empire citizens can't go for pleasant strolls in the woods, that just isn't possible in Warhammer.
    I know that they arn't scripted spawns, the point I was trying to make is that having them constantly appear at the frequency they do gets extremely draining, to the point that I end up just leaving them there and taking a hit on my trade money. So I was wondering if you could just reduce the frequency a little bit. I definitely agree that the danger of the Warhammer world needs to be an ever-present threat, but it gets really annoying having to kill these things literally every 2 turns. It would be nice if you got a bit of a rewarding reprieve for actually wiping out these bands of raiders, to represent the fact that you have scared them off for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    Question: why are grave guards going toe to toe with imperial swordsman? Shouldn't they be superior on a 2:1 or 1.5:1 ratio? On TT they are like a chaos warrior with better rules and nasty weapons...
    Also im kinda of starting to feel the need for a two handers version wich is not drakenhof guard now that foot blood knights are gone
    All balance is subject to change, but remember that Grave Guard don't have morale, and there's no crumble in Medieval 2, plus Vampire Counts generals with Necromancy replenish losses after battle in campaign. I toyed with the idea of swapping the Halberd and Drakenhof versions' weapons, so the Drakenhof Guard would have the halberds and the others would become Grave Guard with Great Weapons, since that's a bit closer to lore, but it's not really a massive difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite KryPtik View Post
    I know that they arn't scripted spawns, the point I was trying to make is that having them constantly appear at the frequency they do gets extremely draining, to the point that I end up just leaving them there and taking a hit on my trade money. So I was wondering if you could just reduce the frequency a little bit. I definitely agree that the danger of the Warhammer world needs to be an ever-present threat, but it gets really annoying having to kill these things literally every 2 turns. It would be nice if you got a bit of a rewarding reprieve for actually wiping out these bands of raiders, to represent the fact that you have scared them off for a short time.
    It's not easy to find the exact perfect frequency, and it's just using the vanilla rebel spawn mechanic. It keeps you on your toes, and it's good for getting your generals some experience, though. Grimgor has never gone more than 2 days without a battle, after all, and that's without making any significant progress in conquering the world. It might need to be tweaked some, but if you look at them as a way to have battles and gain experience without weakening other major factions or blitzing the map, you might learn to like them. They're designed to be part of the challenge as dangerous Minor Factions, as an ever present threat, not just annoying rebels to kill and forget.

It isn't hardcoded, thats just plain incorrect. I know for a fact that AI can be made to be unable to attack allies, because TATW does this, as do all of its submods. I
    you didnt seem to understand or didnt read the whole of my post,AI is no position to make any logical thinking or long planning,modders cant do much because they are prohibited from editing the .exe
    using scripts to totally bar the AI from attacking you or other targets isnt exactly a way to make the AI smart.....

People were not exactly screaming for spawns(I remember 1 maybe 2 posters wanting them) before 1.5 came out. And there was 1 guy who wanted to nerf the economy. I cannot understand why you listened what in this thread was a small minority.
    thats funny,because there are like 2 people who are complaining 24/7 about how the scripted stacks have destroyed their life and the life of their loved ones.

although people that post about a game or mod always constitute a vocal minority,most people dont post anything so we cant take the opinions of a handfull of people as what the majority of players thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by sarpedon21 View Post
    you didnt seem to understand or didnt read the whole of my post
    I would say the same to you, you must not have read my original post before you responded in the first place. For the record, here is what I wrote:

It seems allies can still backstab you. I was going about my business dealing with Vampire Counts when Dwarfs, even though they are literally surrounded by enemies and I'm their only bordering ally, decided to attack me. Players can't betray their allies, so thats definitely working, but try and fix the AI if you can.
    I was never talking about the general campaign map intelligence of the AI, that was brought up by you. I was speaking solely about using a system like in third age total war where allies cannot backstab eachother, so I didn't take into account the rest of your post, as it is common knowledge how bad the AI is in total war. Since this system it is already in place for the player, and you must cancel alliances with a diplomat before you can go to war, I assumed that it was meant to be the same with AI and therefore was a bug that they could still do it. Whiff has kindly clarified the situation, and while I don't necessarily agree with it, I now understand that it isn't a bug.

If you're going to start arguments on a messaging board, at least do so with proper facts behind you.

It's not easy to find the exact perfect frequency, and it's just using the vanilla rebel spawn mechanic. It keeps you on your toes, and it's good for getting your generals some experience, though. Grimgor has never gone more than 2 days without a battle, after all, and that's without making any significant progress in conquering the world. It might need to be tweaked some, but if you look at them as a way to have battles and gain experience without weakening other major factions or blitzing the map, you might learn to like them. They're designed to be part of the challenge as dangerous Minor Factions, as an ever present threat, not just annoying rebels to kill and forget.
    I agree that they should definitely be an ever-present threat, don't get me wrong. I love having rebels to clean up from time to time, and sometimes those rebels put up a decent fight(5 Bloodthirster spawns in Naggaroth for example q_q) I just think that the frequency is too high. I hated that about vanilla too by the way, but since you can clean up a lot better with auto-resolve in vanilla, thanks to most units being garbage, it never made itself felt as badly as it does here. If it is tweakable, I would just suggest changing the respawns to between every 5 or 10 turns, just to make things a bit less draining. I don't really find that cleaning up the same tiny rebel spawns over and over again to be that fun. Thats just my suggestion/opinion though, keep up the great work!

I was never talking about the general campaign map intelligence of the AI, that was brought up by you. I was speaking solely about using a system like in third age total war where allies cannot backstab eachother, so I didn't take into account the rest of your post, as it is common knowledge how bad the AI is in total war. Since this system it is already in place for the player, and you must cancel alliances with a diplomat before you can go to war, I assumed that it was meant to be the same with AI and therefore was a bug that they could still do it. Whiff has kindly clarified the situation, and while I don't necessarily agree with it, I now understand that it isn't a bug.

If you're going to start arguments on a messaging board, at least do so with proper facts behind you.
    too bad the above argument wasnt part of your original post then,precious time wouldnt be spent responding to facts you are clearly quite knowledgeable about but you seemed quite determined to post about anyway.

too bad the above argument wasnt part of your original post then,precious time wouldnt be spent responding to facts you are clearly quite knowledgeable about but you seemed quite determined to post about anyway.
    .......I wasn't ever posting about the general AI intelligence to begin with, and the above argument only had to be made after you insinuated that I did not read your post when I responded to you. As I already said above, you brought up the general campaign map AI intelligence, not me, so I don't really understand what you're talking about here. I also don't understand what you mean by "determined", I was only ever posting what I thought was a bug report.

I've installed 1.5 beta version. I've began a hotseat campaign and I have some minor bug and an important one.

Minor:
    Some cards of diplomats of some factions are wrong.
    Almost all imperial merchants have the same name.
    Dog of war generals, in Tilea, have german names, instead of italian.
    Important:
    Siege crash has been fixed? Because I'm still having it...

Good job and keep it up!
    Last edited by Drorin; May 07, 2017 at 04:33 PM.

Not for now. It's just a texture swap and could be added at any time.

Anything happening frequently like that is not scripted spawns, it's Minor Factions, which can be built in their settlements or appear anywhere on the map randomly. It fits into the lore, there's enemies everywhere, within everyone's borders, constant threat of being attacked as soon as you set foot outside any city. Empire citizens can't go for pleasant strolls in the woods, that just isn't possible in Warhammer.

Someone will make a spawn free submod, sooner or later.

We didn't listen to them, the campaign balance is completely from internal testing to try to make a suitable challenge for every faction. It's still a beta, so some things might go too far, but keep in mind it isn't really meant for easy expansion and painting the map in its current form. The 80 region victory condition is to delay both the player and AI from "winning" too early. I don't find getting a "YOU WON!" popup to be the most rewarding thing, and large empires get stale fast to me. A fight to keep control of your starting territory and expand slowly is more fun, I find. It does mean your long term plans can be ruined by needing to pull back, but remember that you're the only faction in the game with any sort of long term plans, the AI can't think that well.

We can't just give everyone what they ask for, since it'd come out a complete mess. People are complaining about missing Dismounted Reiksguard and Blood Dragons, when those were removed for very good reasons. Can't please everyone with a single version, hopefully some people with complaints will actually want the changes bad enough to submod them. Most of them aren't all that hard to do.

It's exactly as it is in other mods, so maybe you just have a hard time seeing the orange that's always been there in the new UI.

Nice.
    Preach!

Im having some crashes into battles with ogre kingdoms, anyone is suffering that? I think its random but i dont know the reason...

Not sure if it has been reported but I noticed that there is a resourse (a mine, I think) on the same tile as the settlement Putrid Stump. Not sure if it is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by phylosopher stoned View Post
    Not sure if it has been reported but I noticed that there is a resourse (a mine, I think) on the same tile as the settlement Putrid Stump. Not sure if it is intended.
    yes we have enabled resource forts so castles and forts require taking before a merchant can be sent to that resource.

All balance is subject to change, but remember that Grave Guard don't have morale, and there's no crumble in Medieval 2, plus Vampire Counts generals with Necromancy replenish losses after battle in campaign. I toyed with the idea of swapping the Halberd and Drakenhof versions' weapons, so the Drakenhof Guard would have the halberds and the others would become Grave Guard with Great Weapons, since that's a bit closer to lore, but it's not really a massive difference.
    Well, if it is for balancing reasons then it is fine to me. Maybe just a +1 to melee attack just to make them a bit better against regular infantry should be ok, they do not feel too mutch weak after all. As for drakenhof guard i dont really know about their lore, are from 5th edition or something?

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    Well, if it is for balancing reasons then it is fine to me. Maybe just a +1 to melee attack just to make them a bit better against regular infantry should be ok, they do not feel too mutch weak after all. As for drakenhof guard i dont really know about their lore, are from 5th edition or something?
    drakenhof guard are just grave guard with great weapons and a fancy name.

Next release will be a patch or final 1.5?
    Also will the custom dwarf karaks be in final 1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    Things you need to do, make sure both .exe's are running as admin. only launch from the warhammer.bat if you have the steam launch options command delete this now. also disable user account control and give the medieval2 folder full control(right click prefrences ect. you can google most of this stuff) also disable daylight savings time and make sure you are not running the .exe's in some weird compatibility mode like vista(the most common cause of siege crash).

Next release will be a patch or final 1.5?
    Also will the custom dwarf karaks be in final 1.5?
    Next release is just gonna be a patch/hotfix. As far as those karaks I made I dont think they are going to be back they just didn't look or work all that great tbh. But it gave me a good idea of what works and what does not work with siege layouts and multi layer sieges. I am remaking them with better assets but tied up with other stuff atm so I have no clue when they will be ready.