Page 18 of 156 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Ok guys I got something special to show you. This model was made from scratch by a member of the team and he has done an amazing job so far But is still a WIP somehow(it can only get better from here) anyway this is a treat.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Semisalis

Your skills (all the team), are very impressive. I follow this thread everyday now

Awesome

Fantastic work !!!
    Will those Stegadons have skink riders like this?

man, thats horny! Are some riders possible? Like on the vanilla elephants?

Perfect to go north and spread the glory of the Old Ones over Naggaroth

Awesome.

So so far i think that all factions will have their special units from warhammer lore in their rooster right?
    here is another thing will heroes of the warhammer universe like archaon, valkia, Ariel , Malekith etc be unique generals (family members) ?
    and about the units: will the units that are considered rare be available like Sisters of Slaughter,Bloodwrack Medusa,Doomfire Warlocks of dark elfs etc (and the rare units of the other factions) ? (long live the witch king i am a huge dark elf lover)

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Amazing!

i have some questions for the developing team, I ask it because i saw that the greater daemons (exept the bloodthister of course) are also spellcaster. Then i asked to myself: will also "big" heroes, like a vampire lord on a dragon (if it will be included of course) be able to shot maigic? Also, would demon prince be a single model unit or are they like the actual small ones in 1.51? would they be able to shot magic in that case?

Yes some of the greater daemons will be spell casters. The daemon Prince(smaller one) will not be alone in the unit but I did re scale him so he is not so little the daemon prince was at first 1.1 scale, so I busted him up to 1.4 scale. also here are some pics of the new "bloodthirster" there are 6 different variations so he will look different every time. (thanks RODG team) here are some examples
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Hey tomdoof, at some point I saw some picture in the thread on Be'Lakor and maybe Whiff talking about the Dark Master being trapped in Albion in the campaign mode and all the fluff inspired on Dark Shadows campaign, but what I want you to ask is... There will be any special 'rebel / dog of war' Albion unit? That neolithic+celtic aesthetic was one of the best in Warhammer characters.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Albion
    http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Albion

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Giants of Albion

Dark Emissary

Truthsayer

Druids

Fenbeast

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!
    I really love the DoW bloodthister

I'm just gonna come out and say it.

This mod along with COW, ROTDG and Sundering are better than Warhammer Total War?

Why? Because the modern game industry that's why!

Last game was Shogun 2 what followed where not 2 games ( Rome 2 and Attila) but two pieces of games that where in such a buggy state that you thought they where early access titles.

Add to messy gameplay and walls and walls of dlc that WAS ALREADY IN THE BASE GAME IN SOME cases and the lack of support from Sega and CA, that forced, I REPEAD! forced people that wanted not great games, not average games, not even complete games, but rather working games to resort to mods!

Even now the most popular mods for Rome 2 and Attila are mods that make the darn things work properly! And what's even more Mell Brooks worthy is that a company with millions of dollars and countless experienced programmers can't do what others do in their free time as a hobby!

The graphics may be good and maybe, just maybe we'll get a functioning version on launch, but the fact remains that from past experiences if you want to play the game the way it was meant to be played than you'll have to wait at least another 6 months for the GOTY edition to have all the factions, all the dlc and even then it won't be like the table top game.

You know why? Cause half he fun in warhammer is customization.

You can choose who, how and what kind of army you'll have.

CA and Sega won't even let you have the full basic set of armies with their CHAOS DLC.

COW and other mods may have their problems, but at the very end of the day you can feel that the mods where created with the intent to entertain and reward the audience that downloaded them.

And from Shogun 2 onwards that feeling is gone, it still bubbles on the surface, but it never truly returns.

Then again if confusion was their intent, then cuddos for them, Maybe Tzeench is now in charge?

It is possible to add many ogre units?
    also, for Arabia, the djinns and the flying carpets would be awesome!
    and i would like a new Estalian unit based on 17 century spain, with mosqueteer hats and nice mustaches
    finally, some units for Haflings too!
    i make this as a petition, i would love to see this units
    maybe even the flagellants for the empire?
    Last edited by Flam; February 10, 2016 at 04:22 PM.

Yes to all, pics will come soon. hehe.
    some spider riders.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    they are not that great but its the best I can do lol.
    Last edited by tomdoof2236; February 10, 2016 at 06:15 PM.

Wow, really?
    Djinns and flying carpets too!?!?

Semisalis

Can't believe it..most surprising thing is that you could handle all the animations issues ?

PLease, tell me that even the project is unfinished or the team disbanded you will release something xD

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    they are not that great but its the best I can do lol.
    Dude, it's frekin' Medieval 2 Total War, you all are making an absolutely awesome job.

This mod looks outstanding my friend.

A March release? I'm hoping so!
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Another very cool unit to add and easy to convert from another one would be the Anointed -Dark Elf cultist of Slaanesh, part of this faction-. Just put a Dark Elf head on a Slaanesh Chosen body, make him thinner, play with the black/purple colour mix on the armour... and if on foot add him some Slaanesh Chosen or some daemonettes as bodyguard; if mounted, just make him ride one of those already made Steeds with a mounted daemonette bodyguard. Et voilą!