Page 19 of 156 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469119 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by kallaikoi View Post
    Another very cool unit to add and easy to convert from another one would be the Anointed -Dark Elf cultist of Slaanesh, part of this faction-. Just put a Dark Elf head on a Slaanesh Chosen body, make him thinner, play with the black/purple colour mix on the armour... and if on foot add him some Slaanesh Chosen or some daemonettes as bodyguard; if mounted, just make him ride one of those already made Steeds with a mounted daemonette bodyguard. Et voilŕ!
    That would be possible, but who would get it? Dark Elves, Slaanesh, or Rebels only? The Dark Elves are going to be ruled by Malekith with people like Hellebron and Shadowblade as generals, so the Slaaneshi cultists as being on the same side is kind of wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    That would be possible, but who would get it? Dark Elves, Slaanesh, or Rebels only? The Dark Elves are going to be ruled by Malekith with people like Hellebron and Shadowblade as generals, so the Slaaneshi cultists as being on the same side is kind of wrong.
    Hey Whiff! Slaanesh, for Slaanesh faction, it fits the lore. If you remember, in Storm of Chaos The Dark Elf Cult of Slaanesh were a subfaction, but a Slaanesh subfaction, it was a mix of slaaneshi Chaos units and Dark Elves with Slaanesh mark of chaos, so essentially, part of Slaanesh faction: http://rosters.mysteria.cz/ostatni/d...20Slaanesh.pdf

Now that I remember their rules reading that, the Anointed can even ride a Cold One, it could be a unit of hero + bodyguard with some Dark Elves with the Mark of Chaos. I mean, it's full of options. I see them in the lore as an elite unit similar to the Chosen, but in an elfish version of stats.

PS: In a similar way, in the Storm of Chaos lore, Morathi revived Dark Elf Cult of Slaanesh and lead them to war, so he would be more of a Slaanesh heroine than a Dark Elf character.
    "Morathi - Hag Queen of the Witch Elves. Morathi once more swore loyalty to Slaanesh and led the Dark Elf, Cult of Slaanesh in an invasion of Lustria."

This is more of a Dark Elf oriented conversion for the Anointed than my Chosen option, but it's just and example, it could be made with a Chosen armour instead of the Dark Elves one:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Some more treats from the RODG team (thanks lord necromancer and the team you are awesome!)
    New bone giant!
    [IMG] [/IMG]

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

YAY!!!

thats the way to get a... BONER

JUST GOT TO SAY THANK YOU, especially for the wood elves!!!!

No problem
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    here are some tree folk for ya.

I following this thread everyday and I wonder if there's some gameplay beta vids.

the dryads look pretty damn brutal

WOAH!!! Amazing! Treemen, treekins and dryads at last for the Asrai!!!

Are some of them from The Sundering? You gotta import the harpies, hydra, eagles and why not... Morathi! As I've said to Whiff in the Anointed suggestion post, this last one would fit as leader of Slaanesh, I mean, it would be cool to play the campaign mode and see some kind of druchii civil war between Dark Elves (with their cult of Khaine) and the cult of Slaanesh, with these 2 factions sharing borders it would fit the lore just happening by itself.

I suppose you'll use Hellebron model too

YEAH!!! MORE LOVE FOR THE TREEFOLKS!!!!
    Treeman looks great, but to be honest i actually enjoyed the "Broccoli" version alot, looks way more tanky and not so much Tolkienish.
    I am wondering, did you guys got permission to use the Dryads and Treekin from the Sundering (as i saw them in the Treeman pics)? That would be awesome!

The Bonegiants look radical, will there also be Ushabti with bows Sepulcral Stalkers and/or Warsphinxes?

Another question that popped up in my head was: Will the Beastmen be a playable faction or is the Faction limit already reached? Would love to see some Shamans, Centigors and/or Harpies

Keep up the great work (especially for the Forestthingies )
    Cheers
    Briggadoon

I'm gonna do the guys some favour an answer these ones

Quote Originally Posted by Briggadoon View Post
    I am wondering, did you guys got permission to use the Dryads and Treekin from the Sundering (as i saw them in the Treeman pics)?
    One of the Sundering guys posted in his moddb profile that the team is disbanded so everybody could use their work -he invited to-.

Quote Originally Posted by Briggadoon View Post
    Another question that popped up in my head was: Will the Beastmen be a playable faction or is the Faction limit already reached?
    They are part of Chaos Undivided faction. This is the faction menu preview released by the good Whiff:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Alright, thanks for the fast response.
    Nice to hear that they gave permission. Really love the Dryad model!!! (most beloved unit in WHFB)
    Ok so the Beastmen are at least playable somehow. Fair enough.
    Still got 3 questions left:
    1. Will there also be Ushabti with bows (high damage?), Sepulcral Stalkers and/or Warsphinxes?
    2. Btw will there be flying units in this mod or is this unittype too problematic?
    3. Is there no Norse faction? Are they also implemented into Chaos Undivided?
    Cheers
    Briggadoon

I want the flying carpet for Arabia!

Here is the giant araknarok spider, still need to make a howdah for it and re position riders. (and only 2800 polys!)
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Yes to flying units they will be in. We have a griffon mount and a wyvren flyer so far. Going to add an eagle for the woodelves. Not going to use the sundering eagle as I have found a better model. We are not doing ushabti with bows as we are missing a large archer animation so no on that for now. Not going to do the warsphinx either for technical reasons. Norse has been merged to undivided and rebels. I was planning on doing the flying carpets eventually have not got to it yes but I doubt it will take that long lol as it is just a square. Getting close guys) I want to also put a call out for beta testers, we need someone to blast through about 100 turns just so we can see what the hell will happen 100+ turns into the game. Anyone with to much time on there hands and can really focus on playing the game get in touch with me. Serious testers/player only we need info on how these campaigns play out not what you personally want in the mod.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    I want the flying carpet for Arabia!
    It is not a very important unit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kallaikoi View Post

One of the Sundering guys posted in his moddb profile that the team is disbanded so everybody could use their work -he invited to-.
    can we expect to see some dragons/chimerae/manticorae/hyrdas in the mod?
    not intending to bother of course but it would be pretty darn awesome

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Aaaaaaweeeesome!

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    can we expect to see some dragons/chimerae/manticorae/hyrdas in the mod?
    not intending to bother of course but it would be pretty darn awesome
    Did you ever play with the dragons in the sundering? Anyway they didnt look very good(animations) so not going to add dragons unless I can get them looking less silly and working proper. I want to do some manticor riders but we are really limited by mount slots at the moment so we will see. I cant see a hydra in the future they just look way to silly romping around and the attack anim is a little strange. Once again if I can get it looking right then yea but... IDK. We still need ogre stuff so cant use every mount slot on big beasties.