Page 20 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

For flying units - perhaps warhawk riders could be done? Possibly if you just scale down the eagle and use it as a mount?

Semisalis

tomdoof : just PMed you for Beta testing

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    I cant see a hydra in the future they just look way to silly romping around and the attack anim is a little strange.
    Well that's true, it was pretty weird. I retire that suggestion

Thanks everyone who will be beta testing, I just got this gem back from the master fine tuning it and OMG we are all so lucky to have this talent going into the mod.
    [IMG] how to screen capture[/IMG]

Uau, no words!
    Magnificent masterpiece!

I would love to help as beta tester.. I would like to test my favorite factions: Wood Elves, Stirland, Skaven. Yes i can test all three because from end of Feb till middle of March ive got alot of spare time and i have nothing better to do.
    BUT i only have the STEAM version of the game since my DVD got scratched, hope thats not a problem.
    Cheers
    Briggadoon

No that's better actually I think we all have the steam version so your good man.

Alright, if Steam version is good then call me in. As i said, i can (would love to) test WE, Stir and Skaven.
    Btw are you using the 1.5.1 or 1.6 econonmy system of RotDG? Was a bit disappointed not building up my Reich as Stirland in 1.6...
    Nice to hear to get flying units, will enjoy my great eagle ripping arty for the WE!!!
    So uhm... one question, if Gigantic Spiders and mounted Stegadons are possible why is the Warsphinx not?
    Sad for the Ushabi with bows, but what about Sepulcral Stalker are they possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Briggadoon View Post
    what about Sepulcral Stalker are they possible?
    If we can get a slithering snake animation working, then Sepulchral Stalkers and proper Necropolis Knights would be possible. The model wouldn't be too hard to make, but if it looks stupid moving, it's not cool. Making new animations is really really hard and time consuming, so it'd pretty much have to be possible to do using some kind of existing animations, and that means doing a lot of experimentation, which also takes a lot of time and effort. It's something we might get around to trying, but it isn't a top priority, at the moment.

Would be up for some beta testing, how fast would you like those 100 turns played?
    I do work/study but am prepared to spend a lot of my free time on this

Prefered factions: vampire counts, lizardmen
    2nd factions: tomb kings, reikland/empire, khorne/chaos, dark elves

Can play at 1 or 2 at the same time depending on your needed schedule.

Well...
    Djiins then?

At first sight I didn't know how the guys would make the Djinns and Flying Carpets look good... I mean, in my opinion a swarm of simple Flying Carpets will look excessively aladdinesque, and some Djinn conversions I've seen are pretty grotesque, those with Ogre Kingdoms miniatures as base look like big floating turds xDDD

If the guys finally include Djinns and Flying Carpets, please dudes, forget Aladdin

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But in Games Workshop's Warmaster, the Araby Flying Carpets -with mounted archers- and the Djinn + Sorcerer, well, those concepts could fit. The Djinn could be based on Vampire Counts' Spirit Hosts, they look pretty similar conceptually. And the "Flying Carpets with Archers" is a very cool unit indeed.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

We'd probably base it on the Warmaster units, which is where we drew our existing Araby units from. Djinns would be cool, as would the Flying Carpets with Archers. Very unique units. It's just a matter of them not looking silly in game.

It'd be nice if we had more people that could make units rather than just people asking for more units, then we'd put all these things in.

Hey guys, iwould like to join as a beta tester. I got plenty Time the next weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    We'd probably base it on the Warmaster units, which is where we drew our existing Araby units from. Djinns would be cool, as would the Flying Carpets with Archers. Very unique units. It's just a matter of them not looking silly in game.

It'd be nice if we had more people that could make units rather than just people asking for more units, then we'd put all these things in.
    Haha, some of us would love to colaborate creating with you but we don't have the knowledge, so we just cheer you up and suggest for suggest's sake, because your work is mind-blowing and we are excited. At last in my case, just take it as simple comments, raw ideas I can't avoid to say. We are just your cheerleaders For example I suggested the Anointed because of the 'easy' job of conversion. But it is obvious you can't include all Warhammer world in the mod.

In the case of Flying Carpets, thinking about it, if you take the path of "hey dude, let's make at least some squares, it's not so complicated so let's put them in" as tomdoof posted here, it's a good idea. Some kind of swarm like the small rats one in Skaven faction could be an easy solution. Pretty aladdinesque, but not a bad idea. Because working on Flying Carpets with Archers must be a hell of a problem to not make it look silly animated in-game... I imagine them moving like some tiny steam tanks and it's so weird lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kallaikoi View Post
    Haha, some of us would love to colaborate creating with you but we don't have the knowledge
    Neither did I, or Tomdoof before we started. Just figure out what you'd want to try, then head over to here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-and-Resources to learn now to do it. Nobody's born knowing how to create any of this stuff, you put a little time into learning to do it, if you really want it done. There's also free 3d model resources around on the internet, so if you have a great idea, look around for something that might fit. If you have an idea for balance, go to the EDU and test it out, as described here: http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml and if you have ideas for anything 2D related, like art, text, UI, menus, or anything like that, look around the internet or try drawing up the appropriate things, there's more tutorials in the tutorial link for it.

If you really want to see something that nobody else is doing, try doing it yourself. It's not actually THAT hard to get into, once you start.

But yes, we do appreciate new ideas, as it's hard for us to think of everything for every faction and not miss something that could be cool. But if you guys are going to be disappointed because we're not including something, if you invest the time and effort into getting it to work, even if you can't do every step yourself, we'll probably put it in with you. Hell, if you're really interested, we'll try and teach you how to do it. We teach each other things all the time, that's how we're learning (and we're still learning!)

Haha, such a motivational speech Whiff, I can't say no to offer my services whichever they are

On sunday I'll get in contact with you (or maybe with tomdoof? I'm already in touch with him because of the betatesting). I don't have too much to offer, but I studied audiovisuals and perhaps I can do some 2D job (but believe me, you don't want me near some 3D Studio Max program alike, I remember trying to be taught about 3D modeling by some former flatmate in my free hours during my student days and it was not for me: I can do it on my mind and even draw it, but 3D modeling is not for me). If I can help you in something I'm good at -I mean productive- and learn something and adapt it to what I know how to do, I won't have any problem doing the tasks you need! I won't be crucial but maybe I can ease your job.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Omg i cannot wait for release- maybe i should install new modelling progam...

Quote Originally Posted by kallaikoi View Post
    Haha, such a motivational speech Whiff, I can't say no to offer my services whichever they are

On sunday I'll get in contact with you (or maybe with tomdoof? I'm already in touch with him because of the betatesting). I don't have too much to offer, but I studied audiovisuals and perhaps I can do some 2D job (but believe me, you don't want me near some 3D Studio Max program alike, I remember trying to be taught about 3D modeling by some former flatmate in my free hours during my student days and it was not for me: I can do it on my mind and even draw it, but 3D modeling is not for me). If I can help you in something I'm good at -I mean productive- and learn something and adapt it to what I know how to do, I won't have any problem doing the tasks you need! I won't be crucial but maybe I can ease your job.
    Everything helps. Some 2D stuff is needed, such as UI and unit description pictures, and for audio some new voice files would be really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by T&D View Post
    Omg i cannot wait for release- maybe i should install new modelling progam...
    You should! Your Tomb Kings are finally getting a proper place, it'd be great to add more stuff!

Semisalis

Whiff: what are the permissions for posting screenshoots or other things from the beta (not the files themselves of course), because i'm currently testing and i wonder ?