Page 35 of 156 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041424344456085135 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Remi_'s Avatar Laetus

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    If anyone else wants to help out, the more the merrier. A willingness to learn and figure things out and spend hours doing some tedious (but rewarding) work is far more important than experience or pre-existing skill, so don't think "I don't know how", rather "I'll do it anyway". If that sounds like you, send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    If anyone else wants to help out, the more the merrier. A willingness to learn and figure things out and spend hours doing some tedious (but rewarding) work is far more important than experience or pre-existing skill, so don't think "I don't know how", rather "I'll do it anyway". If that sounds like you, send a PM.

I remark this too. They made a man out of me, you'll experience a modder Bar Mitzvah. Trust these words and join the team!

Quote Originally Posted by kallaikoi View Post
    I remark this too. They made a man out of me, you'll experience a modder Bar Mitzvah. Trust these words and join the team!
    Sent a PM, im willing to try and help

Sounds awesome, can't wait for the release, also you said it will release a few days before W:TW so since it got postponed by a month you have more time too.

Hi WhiffOfGrapeshot,

I replied to your message and would love to help out on such a glorious mod!

Got a weird issue, installed the "Third age" lotr mod and now CoW:end times crashes when loading up old saves, new saves work just fine tho o.O

Heres the log file:

https://mega.nz/#!dRYGiYwI!Lhz_4_6ZLMttmDoxmA6bD5vMspi0qiLWDszgCuDgQvk

Laetus

i can help out with any icon work and other 2d work, here is a rough skaven interface i was working on until i realized the tomb kings changed as wellClick image for larger version. 

Name:	skaven.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	335648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skaven2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	335649

Quote Originally Posted by shaderunner View Post
    i can help out with any icon work and other 2d work, here is a rough skaven interface i was working on until i realized the tomb kings changed as wellClick image for larger version. 

Name:	skaven.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	335648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skaven2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	335649

OMG!!! I love this guy!!! ^^^^^

@Shaderunner - contact WhiffOfGrapeshot and/or tomdoof2236 with a pm

Last edited by Ajpav; March 20, 2016 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Adding Otter-Pictures needs no explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajpav View Post
    OMG!!! I love this guy!!! ^^^^^

@Shaderunner - contact WhiffOfGrapeshot and/or tomdoof2236 with a pm
    I already PM'd him, hahaha.

Hey guys,

First of all amazing job with this submod, it really adds so much more debt to an already awesome mod.
    So I have been trying to find a download link for this specific submod, and for the love of me can not find it.
    Would any one of you be so kind to supply me the link / thread where I can find 'Beginning of the End Times' submod, and how to install it together with the 1.6 reign of chaos version?

A big thank you in advance, much appreciated

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxx View Post
    Hey guys,

First of all amazing job with this submod, it really adds so much more debt to an already awesome mod.
    So I have been trying to find a download link for this specific submod, and for the love of me can not find it.
    Would any one of you be so kind to supply me the link / thread where I can find 'Beginning of the End Times' submod, and how to install it together with the 1.6 reign of chaos version?

A big thank you in advance, much appreciated
    Hi Fluxx
    the submod isn't yet ready for a public release, actually is in beta-testing but if want you can ask to WhiffofGrapeshot or tomdoof2236 to add you to the group of the beta testers, we always need a hand from other people interested in the development of the project. About the other question you can have both Rage of Dark Gods and Beginning of The End Times at same time since the 2nd is a "standalone" expanion, meaning that doesn't require any other mod alredy installed in order to play it; and the installation is simple, once the submod will be ready you have only to download it and extract it in programfiles(x86)/SEGA/Medieval II Total War\mods if you have the retail ( cd ) version, instead if you have the steam version in Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    Hope that you will enjoy the submod once completed

Quote Originally Posted by jimbomen95 View Post
    Hi Fluxx
    the submod isn't yet ready for a public release, actually is in beta-testing but if want you can ask to WhiffofGrapeshot or tomdoof2236 to add you to the group of the beta testers, we always need a hand from other people interested in the development of the project. About the other question you can have both Rage of Dark Gods and Beginning of The End Times at same time since the 2nd is a "standalone" expanion, meaning that doesn't require any other mod alredy installed in order to play it; and the installation is simple, once the submod will be ready you have only to download it and extract it in programfiles(x86)/SEGA/Medieval II Total War\mods if you have the retail ( cd ) version, instead if you have the steam version in Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    Hope that you will enjoy the submod once completed
    Ah ok i assumed it was open to the public, thanks alot for the information man!
    About joining the beta testers, I studied computer engineering, but I dont know how much assistance I can be to you. If it involves simply uploading crash logs, I will be happy to oblige.
    I will be sending a message to the people you mentioned, thanks again.

Man, this submod looks fun, i always hated those incursions stacks.

i have to ask , the High Elves are gonna receive new units too?
    like the chariots and the lion cavalry?
    same with the dark elves

high elves and dark elves both have chariots, they also both have dragons those are the only new units for them so far. Not sure if lion riders will make it in.

I have to ask too, will Kislev gonna get new units? I found some cool looking stuff, http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum...?topic=22602.0 - bear lancers, and Ursum Altar. Cool stuff to add, not for first public version, but after maybe. Regards team, nice work, very nice

Quote Originally Posted by ares355 View Post
    I have to ask too, will Kislev gonna get new units? I found some cool looking stuff, http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum...?topic=22602.0 - bear lancers, and Ursum Altar. Cool stuff to add, not for first public version, but after maybe. Regards team, nice work, very nice
    There already are bear lancers in CoW.

We're mostly focused on units from the official armybooks, and then anything else from official lore. Kislev had a few official armies, and most all of their units are already present. If we tried to include everything anyone made a model for or wrote a fan book on, Slaanesh's army would get the mod banned in 30 countries.

Are Bretonian Paladins going to be their own unit? On the tabletop they act as your BSBs, not sure how that would work in end times. As a bodyguard unit for an altar type moral unit? Or a very small unit of super elite cav maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHaiEmma View Post
    Are Bretonian Paladins going to be their own unit? On the tabletop they act as your BSBs, not sure how that would work in end times. As a bodyguard unit for an altar type moral unit? Or a very small unit of super elite cav maybe.
    Paladins are basically all your generals that aren't Lords, so whenever you have an army led by a captain, there's your Paladin. Other than Pegasus Knights, I don't think Bretonnia is needing any more cav than what they have now, with Knights of the Realm, Knights Errant, Questing Knights, Grail Knights, and Mounted Yeomen filling in most of the roles. Bretonnia has some of the strongest cavalry in the game, so making something more elite than that would be overkill.