Page 55 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    Beginning of the End Times: Altdorf School of Witchcraft and Wizardry by Admiral Thrawn:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TyNgl7S35Y

Wait... Amber Wizards when in melee will morph into monstruous part-animal bad-ass dudes!
    My god. My excitement knows no bounds!

nice

I also want to play this:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...s-who#imagebox

Chakax, Louen Leoncoeur, Lady Melissa d'Arques, Walach Harkon,
    Orion, Ariel, Naestra & Arahan, Durthu
    Throt the Unclean, Taurox the Brass Bull, the last one I don't have a clue!

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    I also want to play this:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...s-who#imagebox

Chakax, Louen Leoncoeur, Lady Melissa d'Arques, Walach Harkon,
    Orion, Ariel, Naestra & Arahan, Durthu
    Throt the Unclean, Taurox the Brass Bull, the last one I don't have a clue!
    Almost a winner... but noooope. 2 errors and you don't know one. Sorry!

the last one looks like the trolls king

So he was really Throgg the Troll King, shame on me ... but the size mislead me.
    Keep up the excelent work!

So with all the hype over units we'll get, what about buildings for the campaign? I was playing this mod recently and it's got a huge number of buildings that could fit in well with this mod, if you want to use a similar idea.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...reme-prejudice

Having large numbers of sensible buildings to expand your empire and have something to do in the downtime between fights is immersive and fun, and would be great to have.

soulcoughin's Avatar Foederatus

Creator

Remi_ May 1 2016The original plan was indeed to release the game before TW:W, but the scope of the project got bigger when more (awesome) people joined and allowed the team to dream bigger. We definitely want to offer the best warhammer experience possible, and I can testify that every person working on this project is passionnate about what they do and is fully committed to it.
    It's easy to understand why people are eager to play the mod, but we don't want to rush things in order to be there before TW:W, it wouldn't make sense. You all want to have a blast while playing "Beginning of the end times", even if it takes longer than expected, you'll realize that the wait was worthwhile.
    We just hope that you'll enjoy playing the mod as much as we enjoy(ed) working on it.
    Cordially.

Thank you Remi, this is a from the heart statement that all should read!

To follow up the last statement is QOG:

Creator

QueenOfGore May 1 2016We HAVE consistently said we DO plan on trying to release it before TWW, but if it isn't ready, then it isn't ready. This mod is NOT intended as a quick intro to only play for a couple days before TWW comes out and then discard. We're also NOT competing with TWW.
    If you're following this expecting it to be a demo version of TWW, then you're better off just watching the early access youtube videos and preordering TWW.

....and finally in comes Kallaikoi with the slam dunk!

Creator

kallaikoi May 1 2016You are nuts if you think our motivation is to be a temporary entertainment while TW:W comes out, or to be a hit bigger than the CA product replacing it. We want to be a Warhammer experience, complementary to the other ones, because for the true Warhammer fans... the more Warhammer, the better. So, again: it will be released when it's done. If you don't care about our work because TW:W is released, it's fine, we don't care at all. Do what you want. We -and so lots of people- still play the first Rome Total War, M2TW and the old CA games with mods even with new CA games coming out, so it's not a problem. You're focusing our work totally wrong if you think we do this "to give something while TW:W comes out" or if you think we care about the people that think about our work that way. I repeat it: the more Warhammer, the better, and we're sure that's what the true Warhammer fans feel. Play BoTET, play COW-RODG, play TW:W: soon you will have options to enjoy Warhammer all day long. Those anxious who are moaning about not giving a concrete date will cynically be the first ones to download it, it always happens with any mod, it's nothing new and any single mod team has to deal with that kind of people.

Hats off to the team!

You and the team keep doing what you are doing. Take all the time you need. Please do not succumb to the impatience of others, because the avid Warhammer fan understands the need for patience when dealing with lore of the Old World. Much more complex than Wizardry, D&D, AD&D and so on.......

So chin up and sally forth!

Thanks again for putting your everything into it!

Sounds like the mod's in the risk of ending up being a convoluted mess. There is such a thing as TOO MANY features.

walach armor is really cool looking! Are the other blood dragon going to have a red armor as well? they would look more similar to theyr actual model

Quote Originally Posted by redness View Post
    Sounds like the mod's in the risk of ending up being a convoluted mess. There is such a thing as TOO MANY features.
    Nope, no feature creep. 90% of the work we're doing is perfecting what we already have. We're making it so the AI can make smart decisions and bugs are minimal, not trying to add loads of gimmicky kinda-cool-the-first-time stuff. We're making sure each faction is both fun to play as and against, not tacked on as an afterthought, and that takes some work. NOT doing the work would be having an unfinished convoluted mess.

Uau, you guys continue to implement new stuff, at such a rhythm!
    The map have been extended to the east, with 3 Ogre Kingdoms regions, one rebel, if I'm not mistake.
    Are those permanent forts or mines?

Semisalis

That's really cool you managed to find a lot of talented modders that other mod or submods teams were'nt able to hire before (or not with so much investment)..i could never imagine that COW mod and even Med 2 would get such a good resurrection in 2016. This is so far the most ambitious mod since years..and mybe since COW itself ! And i'm very surprised to see so many addition even since the Beta from January..the activity is very high !
    Last edited by Tyraels; May 05, 2016 at 02:33 PM.

Honestly you and the RotDG team are the reason why i believe modders are an important part of video games, you do all this work in the little spare time you have to bring such amazing mods.

I will not lie that the news for the official mod support for WTW makes me excited for the future, not just for you but for any team that want to bring us a proper warhammer game that all we can enjoy.

Takes a real ass to make a statement like this! ^^^^ Instead of trolling here why don't you take your quest to belittle the team somewhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by soulcoughin View Post
    Takes a real ass to make a statement like this! ^^^^ Instead of trolling here why don't you take your quest to belittle the team somewhere else!
    Just being honest here. Another thing that can hurt a mod are followers that only know how to praise and kiss ass.

Just being honest here. Another thing that can hurt a mod are followers that only know how to praise and kiss ass.
    So... your sole contribution, in order to balance out the "praise and kiss ass", is to effectively say.. "Careful now, don't do too many things.".

What a hero.
    They should add you into the mod credits for your timely warning, thank you oh wise one.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux