Page 56 of 156 FirstFirst ... 63146474849505152535455565758596061626364656681106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Ladies. you're both pretty. just give praise to the God-Emperor they are working diligently on this mod, and they are actually talking with their beta testers and community.

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    So... your sole contribution, in order to balance out the "praise and kiss ass", is to effectively say.. "Careful now, don't do too many things.".
    Yes...is that a problem?

I really don't know where all this anger is coming from. I only offered my two cents about the status of the mod, one of the creators replied to it and I'm satisfied with the reply (but still a bit skeptical) so I didn't reply anymore and that should have been it.

There's really no need to be mad about my comment, you guys need to relax.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

But relaxing iS HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing is praise is found to be encouraging while stern warnings migth not. Also many migth nor share your opinion that the mod is trying to have too much.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 05, 2016 at 07:28 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

soulcoughin's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by redness View Post
    Yes...is that a problem?

I really don't know where all this anger is coming from. I only offered my two cents about the status of the mod, one of the creators replied to it and I'm satisfied with the reply (but still a bit skeptical) so I didn't reply anymore and that should have been it.

There's really no need to be mad about my comment, you guys need to relax.
    Well hero, you know how to open a can of worms. I have modded for years and have been a hiatus for the past 10 years. I know what it takes to have passion for something such as this and have ignorant/selfish individuals like your self comment as you do. You sir have no tack and wouldn't even know it even if it bit you on the arse!

I believe constructive criticism, notice I said constructive, and until the product comes out I do not have a say so in the matter!

My advice to you is this. Before you post, make sure you think before you just blurt out whatever on a forum. Also go back and reread what I posted after reading this. Maybe knowing what you know now will make you understand why I posted it like I did. Unlike you said, KISS ASS!

Feel free not to follow the mod redness, we wont miss you for a second. Thanks to everyone else for the support it helps moral. When you are working for free moral and passion is what fuels mods.

To be fair, the mod team has had a number of discussions about making sure feature creep doesn't turn the mod into a convoluted mess. We've tossed around lots of great and game changing ideas that we're not going to implement in the first release, because it'd take up way too much time and effort trying to get them all working.
    It's our inner rednesses that make sure we don't go crazy and try implementing Gyrobombers, Kharibdyss and Hydras, Skaven teleportation, a playable Cathay faction, full scale Kholek Suneater, Chaos Dwarf Trains, the Underworld Sea linking the edges of the map Pac-Man style, and full campaigns based on Tamurkhan, Sigmar, Magnus the Pious, and the War of the Beard in the first version.
    It would be terrible if we tried any of that. Even the original COW team is very skeptical of what we've shown off, too, on the Russian language forum. Even moreso than he was, because it's a big gamble to try to change too much. But don't worry, we're not going to reach too far.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Nope, no feature creep. 90% of the work we're doing is perfecting what we already have. We're making it so the AI can make smart decisions and bugs are minimal, not trying to add loads of gimmicky kinda-cool-the-first-time stuff. We're making sure each faction is both fun to play as and against, not tacked on as an afterthought, and that takes some work. NOT doing the work would be having an unfinished convoluted mess.
    So is there going to be a wide variety of buildings to build? Little random events and other immersive stuff in the campaign map?

To be fair, the mod team has had a number of discussions about making sure feature creep doesn't turn the mod into a convoluted mess. We've tossed around lots of great and game changing ideas that we're not going to implement in the first release, because it'd take up way too much time and effort trying to get them all working.
    It's our inner rednesses that make sure we don't go crazy and try implementing Gyrobombers, Kharibdyss and Hydras, Skaven teleportation, a playable Cathay faction, full scale Kholek Suneater, Chaos Dwarf Trains, the Underworld Sea linking the edges of the map Pac-Man style, and full campaigns based on Tamurkhan, Sigmar, Magnus the Pious, and the War of the Beard in the first version.
    It would be terrible if we tried any of that. Even the original COW team is very skeptical of what we've shown off, too, on the Russian language forum. Even moreso than he was, because it's a big gamble to try to change too much. But don't worry, we're not going to reach too far.
    I understand brother. But even they have been constructive in their input, correct? Normally I do not post in the forums. Usually I direct message the teams (just look at my posting count). Apparently I am getting to old and let societies misfits cause me to get disgruntled. Maybe a few of us need to come out of retirement.................and the wife says "keep dreaming"

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    So is there going to be a wide variety of buildings to build? Little random events and other immersive stuff in the campaign map?
    Yes to all of those. They're core features.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcoughin View Post
    Maybe a few of us need to come out of retirement
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Yes to all of those. They're core features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
    HA! HA! I showed this to the wife and her response was "Who is this imbecile?!"

I looked over the the characters on moddb and I must say that the wood elves look tasty it seems that that elven faction of the three is getting most of the attention in the first release of the game and I will take full advantage of that
    I will however mention that it is not only high elves and dark elves who gain access to dragons, wood elves do have one or two. there is also the question of lady of the lake as she is involved in the end times, will she be part of a future release and will it be like a mechanic for bretonia where knights go to her and gain stat boost and new titles and quests or will it be as a very skilled wood elf diplomat who can do both battle and diplomacy if that is possible even, while in physical form. seen as and taking the role as Lileath by wood elves and lady of the lake for bretonia, she could be two characters or serve both factions at the same time as a stationary protecter, diplomat and trainer of knights and damsels.
    just giving out ideas

then there is the dryads, those well shaped wood nymphs and their line of vicious veterans branchwraiths with the top ruler drycha, they could in essence be an automatic defense force for the forest area if we see them hostile mostly to enemies and if diplomacy is not maintained between the wood elves and drycha there would be a few but increasing hostile actions per 10 turns / 5 turns between them. just playing around with ideas again for the future and I have been thinking a lot about stuff like independent warbands, guilds, religious orders walking around on the map doing their own lore specific things with diplomacy options and maybe forts where they have their bases for some of them.
    it would give an atmosphere of the world being teeming with life and automatic changes to the map based on the success rate of these independent orders whit their own goals toward factions and areas.
    I have to mention my longing for amazonians in the amazone part of lustria and the norse trying to invade ulthulan on their own while also having lost warbands who wander around in lustria, shield maidens and all

then we come to this little cutie who I always has to mention http://nightmaremoonluna.deviantart....athi-473770243

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    I looked over the the characters on moddb and I must say that the wood elves look tasty it seems that that elven faction of the three is getting most of the attention in the first release of the game and I will take full advantage of that
    They were the ones lacking any roster, while both High and Dark Elves already had a solid 90% of theirs each, so yeah, they had to get the most attention of the three. But both of the others have their homelands and heroes now, and a few new units, so they're far from left out. Playing as the Elves in Ulthuan and Naggaroth is a completely different thing than having them shoved in the Chaos Wastes and Norsca.

I will however mention that it is not only high elves and dark elves who gain access to dragons, wood elves do have one or two.
    Forest Dragons, Zombie Dragons, Chaos Dragons...

there is also the question of lady of the lake as she is involved in the end times, will she be part of a future release and will it be like a mechanic for bretonia where knights go to her and gain stat boost and new titles and quests or will it be as a very skilled wood elf diplomat who can do both battle and diplomacy if that is possible even, while in physical form. seen as and taking the role as Lileath by wood elves and lady of the lake for bretonia, she could be two characters or serve both factions at the same time as a stationary protecter, diplomat and trainer of knights and damsels.
    just giving out ideas
    We're not strictly following The End Times plotline, rather giving the players a lead up to the big events each 8th Edition armybook was setting up. So Settra is waking up the Tomb Kings to conquer, Mannfred is preparing for another invasion, several Waaaghs! are coming, Ogres are restless in the Mountains of Mourn, Archaon is consolidating his power, Malekith is planning yet another invasion of Ulthuan, the Skaven are preparing to launch attacks in the Old World and Lustria... basically it's the calm before several storms.

Anyway, Bretonnia has a unique religion in The Lady of The Lake, and they'll end up getting Damsels. We might eventually have special quest chains for them, but probably nothing directly tied into their religion. They'll worship The Lady of The Lake in the same way Dark Elves do Khaine, or half the Empire does Sigmar. Present with their priests, buildings, flavor text, and some special units, but not a bunch of scripts needed.

then there is the dryads, those well shaped wood nymphs and their line of vicious veterans branchwraiths with the top ruler drycha, they could in essence be an automatic defense force for the forest area if we see them hostile mostly to enemies and if diplomacy is not maintained between the wood elves and drycha there would be a few but increasing hostile actions per 10 turns / 5 turns between them.
    Dryads are already in as Wood Elves units. We've considered how to show the conflicts that occasionally pop up, especially with Drycha. We've got some cool stuff going on with rebel subfactions, so something with that might be possible eventually. Probably nothing too heavily scripted, since it's hard to make that play out dynamically.

just playing around with ideas again for the future and I have been thinking a lot about stuff like independent warbands, guilds, religious orders walking around on the map doing their own lore specific things with diplomacy options and maybe forts where they have their bases for some of them.
    it would give an atmosphere of the world being teeming with life and automatic changes to the map based on the success rate of these independent orders whit their own goals toward factions and areas.
    That sounds cool, and we're doing a lot with rebel subfactions and some minor scripting, but a lot of that isn't possible without spare faction slots or heavy scripting, unfortunately. We are looking to add more immersive stuff in future versions, though.

I have to mention my longing for amazonians in the amazone part of lustria and the norse trying to invade ulthulan on their own while also having lost warbands who wander around in lustria, shield maidens and all
    Lustria is a lovely place, so big and beautiful and deadly. We have some plans with Amazons, but Lustria is pretty great right now.

then we come to this little cutie who I always has to mention http://nightmaremoonluna.deviantart....athi-473770243
    It'll be great once our heroes can be more detailed, with special models and abilities and stuff for all of them. Right now we have a lot in, but mostly just names. More work on them and it'll be really amazing. It's already very cool just having their names and places. We have both recruitable generals and the named characters from the lore, which gives the best of both worlds with having these named legendary figures fans care about, and the ability to take your own random generals and build their histories yourself.
    There's still a lot of work needed to perfect it, things like models, ancillaries, and so on, but to me that's really exciting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Also many migth nor share your opinion that the mod is trying to have too much.
    True enough but that doesn't mean you should attack anyone who has a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcoughin View Post
    Well hero, you know how to open a can of worms. I have modded for years and have been a hiatus for the past 10 years. I know what it takes to have passion for something such as this and have ignorant/selfish individuals like your self comment as you do. You sir have no tack and wouldn't even know it even if it bit you on the arse!

I believe constructive criticism, notice I said constructive, and until the product comes out I do not have a say so in the matter!

My advice to you is this. Before you post, make sure you think before you just blurt out whatever on a forum. Also go back and reread what I posted after reading this. Maybe knowing what you know now will make you understand why I posted it like I did. Unlike you said, KISS ASS!
    Alright. Thanks for the advice. Your new hero will make great use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Feel free not to follow the mod redness, we wont miss you for a second. Thanks to everyone else for the support it helps moral. When you are working for free moral and passion is what fuels mods.
    I'll keep following it thank you very much. If it's this easy to piss you off you need help friend.

Remi_'s Avatar Laetus

As Wiff said, we know what we're doing and we know we can't please everyone, even more so the plan has always been this:
    http://media.moddb.com/images/member...e/infoinfo.jpg

Alright, time to refocus the discussion on the mod itself rather than diatribe, we still hope you will enjoy the mod.
    Cordially.

Why the pettiness? Anyway...

Just want to give a huge thank you to all the amazing peeps in this team that are making this a reality. I'm really looking forward to TW:W but tbh I kind of see myself playing this mod more than the game itself after the excitement wears out due to the fact that you've put in so much work, made the map so big and offered so many races to play as - the models are looking gorgeous too. As Warhammer fans this is exactly the kind of thing we, or at least I, want to see and play. Plus you're not taking a huge poo on your fans like CA has been doing with their money making schemes (fair enough, this is a mod and not a commercial game but you get my point lol)

Looking forward to kick ass as Bretonnia. Have you guys added, or will you add, The Green Knight, the Fay Enchantress, and uncommon units like Mounted Yeomen and Grail Reliquae peasants?

Keep doing what your doing guys, I'm so excited for this, but take all the time you need!

Amazing work!

A small thing that I really like is that at least 3/8 imperial mages will have multiple abilities instead of just one (two different fire spells for flame mages as per previous editions, plus beast-shifting in melee for beast mages and morale boosting for surrounding units with life-mages.) This is cool for me because while I recognise that it's a limitation of the engine it's always bugged me that mages are glorified (albeit op) artillery in COW. I feel like the game would be even better if magic were a rich and diverse thing and I like the steps that have already been taken to realise that.

Anyway I was thinking about some small things that could make mages seem and feel 'more magical' and indicate a versatility of powers for mages other than just throwing glowing balls, but wouldn't be too hard to implement afaik:

Morale debuffs for enemy units death and/or shadow mages (maybe even for allied units to)
    Superior movement speed for shadow mages.
    Scare horses for beast mages
    Give shadow mages hide anywhere attribute
    3 wounds for life mages (instead of the usual 2 for mages)

And I was also thinking about some stuff that would be harder to implement but might be do-able and also interesting:

Post battle Unit-healed modifiers for stacks with a life mage in them
    Reduced unit upkeep for stacks with a metal mage in them (representing alchemical abilities etc.)
    Changing mage unit models in hand to hand combat to add a glowing aura to signify 'hey, they're still fighting with magic' (this might not be to everyone's taste.)
    Increased agricultural productivity when a life mage is garrisoned in a city

Anyway, I offer these things up purely as ideas and I'm certainly not pinning my heart on them being in the game! I sure there's a lot of other ideas on how the medieval engine could be stretched as far as is humanly possible to make magic a more versatile and interesting phenomena. I think it's really cool that steps have already been taken in this regard!

going to reintroduce the question: seeing how awesome walach armor is i was asking myself (an by extention you of course) if the other blood knights are going to get a red armor as well, like the gw models do

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Remi_ View Post
    As Wiff said, we know what we're doing and we know we can't please everyone, even more so the plan has always been this:
    http://media.moddb.com/images/member...e/infoinfo.jpg

Alright, time to refocus the discussion on the mod itself rather than diatribe, we still hope you will enjoy the mod.
    Cordially.
    your content, plans and point of view are pleasing to 95% of the community...that's the important. Don't focus on some dumbs while the large majority of the forum is acclaiming the team try to make a poll just for curiosity about the way the mod is taking and see the results...you will see how much twcenter and moddb are supporting you

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    going to reintroduce the question: seeing how awesome walach armor is i was asking myself (an by extention you of course) if the other blood knights are going to get a red armor as well, like the gw models do
    Watch this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-qAjkwHO0

I don't know much about Blood Knights, but it looks like there are all kinds of them in here. Is it what you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by redness View Post
    Sounds like the mod's in the risk of ending up being a convoluted mess. There is such a thing as TOO MANY features.
    oh? what features are these?