Page 57 of 156 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Sigmar_Sich's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

I think BotET team doing an amazing work. I wish you success, guys.
    And don't try to please everyone. Do mod as you think it should be.

Oh mighty Lord Bulbous send a sign to the non-believers, let your love enter into their hearts... later their minds!
    Nurgle's Children, our pretties, our pets...
    How Nurgle loves his little children!
    How Nurgle loves his little pets...

Quote Originally Posted by Royal MidKnight View Post
    Watch this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-qAjkwHO0

I don't know much about Blood Knights, but it looks like there are all kinds of them in here. Is it what you are looking for?
    kinda but not really
    the horses are dandy and fine but the knight armor itself is not really like the actual one wich is a dark red one like the horse's as you can see here

the game's ones have red and gold or grey
    Last edited by logan93; May 06, 2016 at 09:26 AM.

Man, i wish this mod would release soon.

Wanna try it so much!

Quote Originally Posted by redness View Post
    If it's this easy to piss you off you need help friend.
    we all see that its you that needs help with quiffs like that, pull ya head in mate

also i would like to ask if there is a way to make the hexwraiths sweep througth units damaging them, like the charriots units do. It would be really awesome to see

Quote Originally Posted by darkdabbler View Post
    we all see that its you that needs help with quiffs like that, pull ya head in mate
    Not really but alright. Whatever makes you happy

No they don't, infantry as far as I know cant do AOE attacks in melee. Only cavalry(on the charge) and elephant based units (on the charge and in melee). Those are the engine limits I have not found ways around it. Even trolls(infantry based) with 100 mass while they toss units in the air on the charge they don't actually do damage to them, just toss them around.
    Last edited by tomdoof2236; May 06, 2016 at 10:51 PM.

but hexwraiths are cavalry

wow, that is great to hear you have already considered most of this and have plans for the future

YES! you have amazones in your thoughts, (not as much as I do I think but still. detail on legendary leaders is wonderful! immersive map and maybe a little dynamic stuff is possible which sounds very exiting!

about the lady of the lake, I think it would be cool to have her give out commands and automatically favour the wood elves slightly by making bretonia attack any incoming threats toward athel loren. so not a planted character on the map yet, but a ever present whispering voice guiding the leaders of bretonia and make heavy suggestions, penalty and reward being the favour system for individual bretonian characters is that is possible with the loyalty trait being placed toward her instead of the faction and it's player ruler. so if you as a player refuses the lady of the lake's missions your general will bear the punishment and drop in loyalty making you as the player bear the loss in the end. the religious factor for individuals could impact your overall favour rating toward the lady of the lake and if that drops she will stop helping you out with magic and training etc. even turning to send your generals negative traits if you are very low on her good will.

I hear you have thought about cathay, if you ever go that far, please add nippon as well getting colourful samurais to sweet though orcs and skaven is a dream! shinobi and kabuki dolls also attracts along with other hmmm interests in that direction...

one more thing I have not yet brought up is a system of logistics for the treasury of a faction, would it not be lovable to have to choose where you stash your ill gotten gains and then have to defend those places or risk losing that portion of wealth? and if one of those cities / forts are under attack you should have a character you trust to lead a caravan of slow transportation units that could be specifically added for this, and carry all that load and defend it on the way to another safer location.
    not only that, but to make use of your gold you would have to be within a certain range of the location it's stored in with decent problem free routes and transport units to make use of the amount you need to construct something in that region or near it.
    I know that is probably a vary complicated mechanic to set up, but ever since I saw the caravan attacks in the game "march of chaos" i have wanted to have this, now in that game it was for artifacts and those are already being carried by characters in total war, but what if you could capture artifacts that are not lore friendly to your faction's units and still carry them to a city you have and bury them in deep dark dungeons to keep them out of enemy hands for as long as you can

another logistics mechanic, what if dark elves could send their captured prisoners to slave labour camps and increase output dramatically more than the regular slave labour trade by increasing a prison population designed for working in a targeted area, a region with mines could generate a higher output and the rituals for witch elves could be more potent on altars of khaine before or in combat.
    and as for characters they could be held for special purposes like ransom for a prolonged duration and be brought forward as diplomatic negotiation options.

two more things, I noticed on the map preview that one character was placed out in the middle of the ocean, was that a flying unit?

the last thing, i want to thank you for taking the time you can and need to do everything you want to do with this amazing project!

"getting colourful samurais to sweep through orcs and skaven is a dream!"*

"one more thing I have not yet heard brought"*

on the slave trade idea, there could be an ever increasing risk of slave revolts in the prison population if you do not invest in proper guards or have enough of them assigned. it could be forts where the number of garrisoned troops determines this value.

anyway, sorry for not correcting before posting

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    about the lady of the lake, I think it would be cool to have her give out commands and automatically favour the wood elves slightly by making bretonia attack any incoming threats toward athel loren. so not a planted character on the map yet, but a ever present whispering voice guiding the leaders of bretonia and make heavy suggestions, penalty and reward being the favour system for individual bretonian characters is that is possible with the loyalty trait being placed toward her instead of the faction and it's player ruler. so if you as a player refuses the lady of the lake's missions your general will bear the punishment and drop in loyalty making you as the player bear the loss in the end. the religious factor for individuals could impact your overall favour rating toward the lady of the lake and if that drops she will stop helping you out with magic and training etc. even turning to send your generals negative traits if you are very low on her good will.
    The problem with this is that such missions just aren't fun to most people. Remember the Senate missions from vanilla Rome, and Papal missions from vanilla Medieval 2? It's better to be able to decide as a player where you want to expand or not, rather than being forced on rails. If we followed through with this idea, a Lizardmen campaign should play itself fully scripted, while you just watch, since they follow the will of the Old Ones. Every faction has some deities they follow, so rather than making the player bend to them, consider this: the player IS the god. When you play as Bretonnia, the reason you get to tell Louen Leoncouer where to go is because YOU are The Lady of The Lake. Ogres attack what you say because you are The Great Maw, Skaven players play as The Horned Rat, CD as Hashut, Chaos factions the Chaos Gods, Kislev Ursun, Middenheim Ulric, and when you control a Waaagh! you literally control the Waaagh! as Gork (or possibly Mork). That's how I've seen it, anyway.

one more thing I have not yet brought up is a system of logistics for the treasury of a faction, would it not be lovable to have to choose where you stash your ill gotten gains and then have to defend those places or risk losing that portion of wealth? and if one of those cities / forts are under attack you should have a character you trust to lead a caravan of slow transportation units that could be specifically added for this, and carry all that load and defend it on the way to another safer location.
    not only that, but to make use of your gold you would have to be within a certain range of the location it's stored in with decent problem free routes and transport units to make use of the amount you need to construct something in that region or near it.
    I know that is probably a vary complicated mechanic to set up, but ever since I saw the caravan attacks in the game "march of chaos" i have wanted to have this, now in that game it was for artifacts and those are already being carried by characters in total war, but what if you could capture artifacts that are not lore friendly to your faction's units and still carry them to a city you have and bury them in deep dark dungeons to keep them out of enemy hands for as long as you can

another logistics mechanic, what if dark elves could send their captured prisoners to slave labour camps and increase output dramatically more than the regular slave labour trade by increasing a prison population designed for working in a targeted area, a region with mines could generate a higher output and the rituals for witch elves could be more potent on altars of khaine before or in combat.
    and as for characters they could be held for special purposes like ransom for a prolonged duration and be brought forward as diplomatic negotiation options.
    Neat ideas, but you're overthinking it. Remember, Medieval 2 already has merchants, trade routes, visible caravans and trade ships, blockades, sacking settlements, and diplomacy. We can use the existing system, which the AI is able to handle, and not need to overly script it. There's supply line mods with supply wagons and things, but I don't think it fits Warhammer very well. Especially for most faction. IMO needing to bring wagons of food to maintain a zombie army as Vampire Counts when they're on the march would break immersion more than add to it.

two more things, I noticed on the map preview that one character was placed out in the middle of the ocean, was that a flying unit?
    Work in progress screens will show things subject to change. If we only previewed things when they're finished, we'd end up releasing the mod silently, then showing it off after.

the last thing, i want to thank you for taking the time you can and need to do everything you want to do with this amazing project!
    It's a pleasure! And thanks for your questions and ideas. I know I basically just shot them all down, but I wanted to give you an honest response about how we're considering those things. I like the concepts you had, I just don't see them being as fun when implemented as letting the player and AI make the story up as it goes along. Personally, I want the closest thing to being told what must be done to be the win conditions, which are mostly there as a suggestion for the player an AI, and people should be free to ignore. "Winning" the game isn't the point. So rather than telling Bretonnian players they have to do a good enough job defending Athel Loren or their knights will rebel, we're letting the player decide if they want to. Maybe they'd rather conquer it, or maybe they'd rather ignore it completely and focus on a new crusade in Araby. The player gets to make that decision, so it can be a very different game every time, even replaying as the same faction.

Personally I really really want to see someone do a let's play as the High Elves where they abandon Ulthuan to the Dark Elves and sail to the Old World to finish off the Dwarfs in a second War of The Beard. Something really crazy like that.

Anyway, nice ideas, even if we have a different vision. It would be cool if you followed through with them and made a sub-submod with some of these things implemented.

Hey White, is there a plan to divide Bretonnia into allied Factions ? As far as i saw its a united country. But the point is, Bretonnia is like the Empire a land that is gouverned by individuals who all follow the king. For example in the Empire you have the Reikland. In Brettonia this would be the Land of Couronne. But the Empire has also Hochland, Ostland ect.
    Bretonnia has for example Brionne leaded by Theodoric de brionne or Lyonesse leaded by Adalhard ect ect ect

Here is a Map of the different countries in Bretonnia

http://data6.blog.de/media/685/4435685_791581b808_m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by godwrote View Post
    Hey White, is there a plan to divide Bretonnia into allied Factions ? As far as i saw its a united country. But the point is, Bretonnia is like the Empire a land that is gouverned by individuals who all follow the king. For example in the Empire you have the Reikland. In Brettonia this would be the Land of Couronne. But the Empire has also Hochland, Ostland ect.
    Bretonnia has for example Brionne leaded by Theodoric de brionne or Lyonesse leaded by Adalhard ect ect ect

Here is a Map of the different countries in Bretonnia

http://data6.blog.de/media/685/4435685_791581b808_m.jpg
    This is true of every faction, and unfortunately we don't have the faction slots to do that. A Medieval 2 game can only have 30 factions total. We're also limited by the number of regions we have for the map, with only 199 available total, and Bretonnia has 1 city per province, currently. It would be pretty neat if we could have all of the hundreds of individual tribes, provinces, city-states, clans, etc. represented individually, but we can't.

Total War Warhammer seems to be able to, though, although you'll probably be stuck playing as Couronne as "Bretonnia" with the other Bretonnian provinces as rebels you need to conquer, just like "The Empire" meaning only Altdorf in Reikland.

I'd like to ask someone on the team about Chaos.

Aside from the unique Daemon units, and some other special cult troops, the five Chaos factions share a lot of troops. From what I can see, they have unique (and amazing looking) skins, but are they differentatiated stat-wise? Also, is Chaos Undivided straight up better than the other Chaos factions since they have access to all their units? I haven't played the original Call of Warhammer so I don't know if you are using any similar mechanics in your submod.

Any ideas about ETA of the public release?

Please read the last pages of this thread...

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    The problem with this is that such missions just aren't fun to most people. Remember the Senate missions from vanilla Rome, and Papal missions from vanilla Medieval 2? It's better to be able to decide as a player where you want to expand or not, rather than being forced on rails. If we followed through with this idea, a Lizardmen campaign should play itself fully scripted, while you just watch, since they follow the will of the Old Ones. Every faction has some deities they follow, so rather than making the player bend to them, consider this: the player IS the god. When you play as Bretonnia, the reason you get to tell Louen Leoncouer where to go is because YOU are The Lady of The Lake. Ogres attack what you say because you are The Great Maw, Skaven players play as The Horned Rat, CD as Hashut, Chaos factions the Chaos Gods, Kislev Ursun, Middenheim Ulric, and when you control a Waaagh! you literally control the Waaagh! as Gork (or possibly Mork). That's how I've seen it, anyway.

Neat ideas, but you're overthinking it. Remember, Medieval 2 already has merchants, trade routes, visible caravans and trade ships, blockades, sacking settlements, and diplomacy. We can use the existing system, which the AI is able to handle, and not need to overly script it. There's supply line mods with supply wagons and things, but I don't think it fits Warhammer very well. Especially for most faction. IMO needing to bring wagons of food to maintain a zombie army as Vampire Counts when they're on the march would break immersion more than add to it.

Work in progress screens will show things subject to change. If we only previewed things when they're finished, we'd end up releasing the mod silently, then showing it off after.

It's a pleasure! And thanks for your questions and ideas. I know I basically just shot them all down, but I wanted to give you an honest response about how we're considering those things. I like the concepts you had, I just don't see them being as fun when implemented as letting the player and AI make the story up as it goes along. Personally, I want the closest thing to being told what must be done to be the win conditions, which are mostly there as a suggestion for the player an AI, and people should be free to ignore. "Winning" the game isn't the point. So rather than telling Bretonnian players they have to do a good enough job defending Athel Loren or their knights will rebel, we're letting the player decide if they want to. Maybe they'd rather conquer it, or maybe they'd rather ignore it completely and focus on a new crusade in Araby. The player gets to make that decision, so it can be a very different game every time, even replaying as the same faction.

Personally I really really want to see someone do a let's play as the High Elves where they abandon Ulthuan to the Dark Elves and sail to the Old World to finish off the Dwarfs in a second War of The Beard. Something really crazy like that.

Anyway, nice ideas, even if we have a different vision. It would be cool if you followed through with them and made a sub-submod with some of these things implemented.
    a little flavor Idea rename for bretonia the council of nobles to the lady of the lake
    for the empire rname the council of nobles to the electors counts council
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Royal MidKnight View Post
    I'd like to ask someone on the team about Chaos.

Aside from the unique Daemon units, and some other special cult troops, the five Chaos factions share a lot of troops. From what I can see, they have unique (and amazing looking) skins, but are they differentatiated stat-wise? Also, is Chaos Undivided straight up better than the other Chaos factions since they have access to all their units? I haven't played the original Call of Warhammer so I don't know if you are using any similar mechanics in your submod.
    The low tier base units are the same, such as Marauders, Beastmen, basic Chaos warriors, etc., as they haven't yet been blessed with enough gifts to warrant a stat change. Chosen and other higher tier units do have stat differences, and the Daemons and sorcerers are very different. Undivided isn't fully complete yet, but they're not planned to just be the best of all in all things.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    a little flavor Idea rename for bretonia the council of nobles to the lady of the lake
    for the empire rname the council of nobles to the electors counts council
    That's a good idea. I've been making a lot of text tweaks like that already, but I haven't touched the Council of Nobles. There should be a good flavorful name for each faction.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    The low tier base units are the same, such as Marauders, Beastmen, basic Chaos warriors, etc., as they haven't yet been blessed with enough gifts to warrant a stat change. Chosen and other higher tier units do have stat differences, and the Daemons and sorcerers are very different. Undivided isn't fully complete yet, but they're not planned to just be the best of all in all things.

That's a good idea. I've been making a lot of text tweaks like that already, but I haven't touched the Council of Nobles. There should be a good flavorful name for each faction.
    here are more Ideas
    sylvania vampiric council
    TK the undead council
    dark elves the Witch Kings council
    HE the phoenix council
    O&G the war council
    night goblins the goblin council
    the ogres the hunger council
    the skaven council of thirteen duh
    khorne the council of bloodlust
    nurgle the council of pestilence
    slaanesh the council of beauty
    Tzeentch council of change
    lizard men council of slann
    empire electors counts council
    bretonia council of dukes
    I will add more later
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; May 09, 2016 at 09:43 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz