Page 58 of 156 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    No they don't, infantry as far as I know cant do AOE attacks in melee. Only cavalry(on the charge) and elephant based units (on the charge and in melee). Those are the engine limits I have not found ways around it. Even trolls(infantry based) with 100 mass while they toss units in the air on the charge they don't actually do damage to them, just toss them around.
    I just today played with the dryad units in the sundering mod, I think they are infantry based and you have some similar ones? on the charge I saw one dryad slash 3 elven spearmen in one swing and they fell to the ground, it could be because there was more than one attack, but it looked like it was only that one dryad who had gotten a hit in, in that area, it was not 3 spearmen next to each other on the same line, it was inward into the formation.

maybe the dryad has an ability to attack really fast with both "hands" or it's based on cav.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post

Personally I really really want to see someone do a let's play as the High Elves where they abandon Ulthuan to the Dark Elves and sail to the Old World to finish off the Dwarfs in a second War of The Beard. Something really crazy like that.

Anyway, nice ideas, even if we have a different vision. It would be cool if you followed through with them and made a sub-submod with some of these things implemented.

Im all in favour of full player control, the restrictive circumstances given by the world ( in traditional total war ) is just fun to me even if it makes the game very hard when you want to be a disloyal skaven slave I remember full well the senate and their drivel, I did appreciate it to the fullest when I could march to rome before they even realized I was coming that burning is unforgettable!

yes, having wild ideas is also the biggest and best part of a game! if the high elves really did leave for the old world taking all their dragons with them and fleets I would like to see the impact as well!

I have only been messing around with rome modding, everything after that got more and more hairy for me, but I guess it's possible to try and pick it up, at least if I look over how mods that would be similar, works i would get a good start.

Thank you again for going through all my suggestions and responding! cherry pick away I will just lay everything that comes to mind out in the hope some of it makes sense enough to be added or considered or lead to something similar

names for the councils, I see many good suggestions already, could there possibly be more than one council for some factions, like dark elves who have sorceresses and witch elves who act and lust for very different things

btw. I have not heard this stated, but is cavalry going to be faster than normal overall? I would love if there was speed levels getting close to match that of the different mounts in the warhammer rulebooks.

two more beyond the first one mentioned by atthias.

council of the Sorceresses lodge

Tempel of Khaine the bloody handed under Hellebron's council of witch elves

-----------

and for the empire there could also be councils ofr minor knightly orders and special schools of war, like artillery could be under the council of the imperial gunnery school of nuln. these small councils could have objectives like train x amount of this unit before x turns and they will receive extra xp in the future or cost less or something else neat and juicy

Well as far as I know they are set up as infantry in the sundering and I don't think they do AOE attacks.
    Last edited by tomdoof2236; May 07, 2016 at 06:47 PM.

Does the team have a way to solve stun-locking monsters and special units/characters? It really gets annoying seeing trolls that are supposed to be far stronger than men being stun locked and unable to retaliate. I had a battle where a unit of chaos trolls killed literally less than 30 of my men because they were perpetually stumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by machotacoman View Post
    Does the team have a way to solve stun-locking monsters and special units/characters? It really gets annoying seeing trolls that are supposed to be far stronger than men being stun locked and unable to retaliate. I had a battle where a unit of chaos trolls killed literally less than 30 of my men because they were perpetually stumbling.
    Only units set as elephants can ignore hits like that. While it does make smaller units much weaker than larger ones, that gives its own balance. If the Trolls didn't get surrounded and were supported by anything else, even just some Goblins, they would have done better. If they had pinned you down with Goblins and charged your flank with the Trolls, you'd have probably lost that fight. If Trolls were made better, a LOT of people would call them OP.

Hi BotET team;
    I like to know that can a submod use anything from its parent mod without any restrictions or permissions (or vice versa)?

I mean can you freely use the stuff that will be in the future releases of the COW if you​want them?

We have a close coopration

It's very good...
    Thanks for answer.

Now this is just my opinion and I'm not a dev or even have the beta but if I wanted this mod to get maximum exposure I'd release the mod now or ASAP because after WTW releases you guys may not get as much recognition, which I do think you guys deserve.

Either way best of luck and success to you guys here, amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Now this is just my opinion and I'm not a dev or even have the beta but if I wanted this mod to get maximum exposure I'd release the mod now or ASAP because after WTW releases you guys may not get as much recognition, which I do think you guys deserve.

Either way best of luck and success to you guys here, amazing work!
    M2TW survived successfully several CA releases. I am sure that when novelty of TW WH wears off in a couple of months, people will get back to M2TW and this mod. The best thing for this mod survive ability would be its balance and content, all of which takes time. No hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    M2TW survived successfully several CA releases. I am sure that when novelty of TW WH wears off in a couple of months, people will get back to M2TW and this mod. The best thing for this mod survive ability would be its balance and content, all of which takes time. No hurry.
    I'm sure the mod will still continue on, I only think many more will try it out now as they're itching for a TW fix.

We're neither competing with, nor a demo for TWW. If anything, just as many people can play that game and want to experience a bigger map with more factions and more varied siege battles. TWW better hurry up and release before us!

So this is coming up soon ? this month? O_O

most probably today

The big problem here is tww IS GOING TO support modding. So people will start playing tww, modding tww and that game will catch attention of people who is searching for a Warhammer videogame. And this is sad because you guys are working so hard in this mod and im sincerely scared that all your hard work will be "a little bit wasted". I dont know how to say that in other ways, sorry for my bad english.
    In my opinion (and im no one to say this) you guys have chosen a bad timing to release this epic mod.
    By the way i hope im totally wrong, best regards to you, i wish you the best

soulcoughin's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Necromancer View Post
    We have a close coopration
    Very good to hear Necro!

I've never done a single thing in my life that wasn't bad timing, and I'm not going to start with this!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    I've never done a single thing in my life that wasn't bad timing, and I'm not going to start with this!

A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux