Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ****SPQR Total War 9.0 RELEASED!****

Default Re: ****SPQR Total War 9.0 RELEASED!****

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956 View Post
    No there isn't really. You got to get over eye candy and focus on gameplay. Look at RTW2, it looks great but suffers from horrible gameplay mechanics and features.

The battlefields looks wonderful and yet are normal enough to fight a real battle on, before there were too many hills and too many trees. Even the creator of RS2 is going to do what was done in SPQR. The reason is more realistic battlefields, but you lose some eye candy because of it. I love how the one reviewer said it had a vanilla look, he really needs to reboot RTW vanilla and look at the map and compare. lol
    oh no doubt i definitely agree, would rather have less trees on battlemap than campaign map, i just thought there'd be a way to manipulate some file to put fake trees on campaign map for eye candy. guess not xD

Saspio's Avatar Tiro

I agree. Trees and hills are a problem for camera and overall battlefield view. Lt1956 the only thing I am not pleased about it the reforms trigger... taking Rome? That does not compute, why such a drastic change? For me the reforms were main goal for the first half of the game and thinking about sending pre marius troops against pretorians gives me shivers Or am I missing something?

----------------------------
    Age quod agis
    ----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Saspio View Post
    I agree. Trees and hills are a problem for camera and overall battlefield view. Lt1956 the only thing I am not pleased about it the reforms trigger... taking Rome? That does not compute, why such a drastic change? For me the reforms were main goal for the first half of the game and thinking about sending pre marius troops against pretorians gives me shivers Or am I missing something?
    i believe his line of thinking is that now you can choose when you want reforms. you can get them early or you can get them really late, whatever you prefer (however, it will be quite hard, i think it's a fun challenge =P)

Pretty much accurate, My thinking was most have played SPQR a long time and now if you want to have reforms you can early or late. Now you can take all of Carthage and not have reforms. Basically there is no reason for the hidden condition anymore. RTW is limited and it was fun while it lasted. I also added the Loyalty Icons back so one can see the loyalty, I figure the Diehard fans will still allow Revolts to take place for the fun of it. If I could have done what was in BI I would have, but you can't using RTW1 exe and I wanted the Testudo formation for sieges.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

I tried the RomeTW-ALX.exe but it crashed in the first battle with Hannibal. No problem with the RomeTW.exe!
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; October 04, 2014 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    I tried the RomeTW-ALX.exe but it crashed in the first battle with Hannibal. No problem with the RomeTW.exe!
    i'm using ALX.exe and it works fine for me

It was my mistake and I now have it working with the RomeTW-ALX.exe too. This is one mod I always have installed on my computer, it's so good!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

damn, the senate/roman army attacked my general that was traveling through latium and i´m now at war with my capital (befor had alliance and military access) in the 5th turn.
    is this intended to have latium "free" of normal armies? don´t cross the rubicon?

You can't end the turn with troops in Latium. If they can cross it in the same turn it's alright

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

It is a Great mode, i play Rome again after all this time, Great mode and Great job .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Thanks. I just wanted to polish the mod more and add some nice improvements I was working on. I would have liked most of the Barbarian models to be replaced with newer ones and have no vanilla models, but it wasn't going to happen, so Egypt, Gual and Germans will have to do, there are some new models for Dacia, Spain, Mercs, and the Late Legionaries. So I did do a lot of model changes. The battlefield is the most important, so now you feel like you are fighting on a battlefield picked for ancient warfare. The script now spawns the Civil war units now so there is only 1 spawn and not 4 at the same time. lol

Also there were some changes in mechanics to improve gameplay.
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956 View Post
    Thanks. I just wanted to polish the mod more and add some nice improvements I was working on. I would have liked most of the Barbarian models to be replaced with newer ones and have no vanilla models, but it wasn't going to happen, so Egypt, Gual and Germans will have to do, there are some new models for Dacia, Spain, Mercs, and the Late Legionaries. So I did do a lot of model changes. The battlefield is the most important, so now you feel like you are fighting on a battlefield picked for ancient warfare. The script now spawns the Civil war units now so there is only 1 spawn and not 4 at the same time. lol

Also there were some changes in mechanics to improve gameplay.
    Maybe you could upload the new models as an addon in the future. Nothing certain, just a little something to add new flavor.

He never made them. lol
    Lt_1956

maybe you could ask variag-mod for some models. they have a descent "barbarian" roster http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ins-amp-models

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    maybe you could ask variag-mod for some models. they have a descent "barbarian" roster http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ins-amp-models
    doubt he could actually get in contact with him, that mod is dead and creators inactive. if he were to use some he could jus download the whole mod and use the skins & give credits

The game are actually much lighter, however the new skins are only for other factions still are not for roma faction.
    Still it got a great job, congratulations LT !
    Last edited by verenuspulo; October 07, 2014 at 05:48 PM.

I did replace the legionary and Praetorian models and skins with more detailed models. So those were replaced for Roma. :-)

But your right mostly changes were made to other factions, I am pleased already with Ferres models and always have been. If the models have too many Polys then you are just asking for CTD issues with this engine.
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by Shmanky View Post
    doubt he could actually get in contact with him, that mod is dead and creators inactive. if he were to use some he could jus download the whole mod and use the skins & give credits
    Leoni with his submod WWC for RSII will use models from variag (alot of them - i think). he has contact to Neo some time ago (half year ago). but this gets to much offtopic.

hey LT, how did you get the AI to maintain alliances with other factions? is it a script or ..?

i ask because i wonder if it's possible to set up separate alliances; greek + macedon + thrace are allied but are at war with seleucids and dacia, for example.
    Last edited by Shmanky; October 09, 2014 at 01:01 AM.

Yes you can do that, but the problem is they will conquer the other nations, this would give you super powers again. The script was designed to prevent Super Powers so the Roman Player can fight Each faction, otherwise what is the point of having Pontus if if the Greeks always conquer them?

Certain factions in SPQR are "Buffer" factions which prevent the other faction that can attack everyone from spreading out. Egypt is an example of a faction that can attack anyone, but Seleucid is a buffer to prevent it attacking Parthia and Parthia in turn can attack everyone, but Armenia buffers it. So when the Roman play takes those areas they get a surprise with an Aggressive Faction and not passive like the others.

Alexander.exe allows this feature, but only in the addons folder, you cannot do a mod folder and have it work, I tried. So there are a lot of advanced behind the scenes changes to make the gameplay better, which is why someone that just plays a little misses what makes SPQR special. ;-)
    Lt_1956

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast