Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: News and needed tasks from Broken Crescent 2.4

Default Re: News and needed tasks from Broken Crescent 2.4

Hi Byzantineboy, I can help you understand what's written in Arabic on the banners, because from what i saw there are some which are not credible, the last ones you publish here are for Shia muslims , maybe you need to see if we have a shia muslim faction in this mod.
    Please let me know if you need my help

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    @Karaislam, the Jihad flag you show is a modern "jihad" flag, used the first time in the 92's by jihadists in Bosnia. It is not more historical to use this model than another. In fact, it seems that Jihad flags were entirely black.

Thx for the program, I was using dds2texture converter but it bugged 95% of the time, wasting my time. Maybe it has something to do because I use GIMP/Python dds.

Thank you Laiith for these explanations, i speak and read Arabic and i had the same "bad" experience with Broken Crescent, i just stopped playing when i saw "EID SAID" and "Basmala" on the banners, i don't know if they are going to implement some shia factions but the "imam Ali" flag should be used only by shia factions, and i thank you for this precision.
    Hope they do it right for the BC 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by Laiith View Post
    Well Im having some trouble launching the campaign or custom game. But the unit show up in the main menu. I have attached a picture and a link.
    Will try to fix the issue and come back to you with more details

(LINK) ONE DRIVE PICTURE 1

And I also need to say this, it has been bugging me for years

I just want to underline while ''Bismillah al-rahman al-rahim'' (Basmala) which means ''In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate'' is the most prevalent motif in arabic calligraphy, even more so than the ''La ilah illa allah, muhammad rasul allah'' (shahada) which means ''there is no god but allah, and mohammed is his messenger'', it is still incorrect to write the basmala on war flags and banner. Because it is something that is said before someone starts doing something. it is said before you start reading quran, praying, eating, working etc. The correct thing to write is shahada which is ''La ilah illa allah, muhammad rasul allah''. The flags should have shahada on them. Because the flags and banners are representing the religion of the faction. You represent the religion with the shahada, which is also the first thing someone says when they enter islam. This is known to anyone with basic historic background and knowledge in islam.

The banners in the campaign map for the abbasid chaliphate has basmala on it. That is historically, islamically and arabically incorrect. Also the flags made by lord hal have basmala on it. It is islamic and it is the most prevalent motif, but it is wrong to use it on the flags. The flags should have shahada on them. Because the flags and banners are representing the religion of the faction. You represent the religion with the shahada, which is also the first thing someone says when they enter islam. It is very inacurate to use basmala for banners that is intended for war or jihad. This is common knowledge.

In this picture i made the banner to the right, which have the shahada written on it, is the one that should be used.

(LINK): ONE DRIVE PICTURE 2

(LINK): ONE DRIVE PICTURE 3

I really appriciate your work guys. I love your mod and I love you all. But it is these small things that ruin the mod experience for me, and that have been bugging me for years. I just can't get that feeling with the inacurate banners and flags. at least for the middle eastern nations.

mongol invasion is too overpowered......... around 100 full stacks lol thats insane

Quote Originally Posted by Laiith
    That is the same as going to war with merry Christmas written on your shield.
    What's the problem with that? If you're gonna write "Merry Christmas" on bombs, why not on shields?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123