Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

Quote Originally Posted by MaDuck View Post
    So. I've one of those who had problems running the game since we have to apply so many fixes and fixes for fixes, that I haven't really played the game after 1.5.1 came and now I want to test the 1.6 beta.

Okay, so the new 20.10 patch has arrived, but I'm currently installing and following the installation instructions for the.. what I believe is previous version 08.08.

Should I hold up installing 20.10 if I want english text / Voices for the game, until people with better understand of modding make patches for the newest version? I understood that the english translation text isn't working with the 20.10 version (according to the topic).
    Yes. It's not a matter of understanding, it's more a matter of redoing the same modification over and over again.
    Expect a full English translation and voices when the full version releases.
    Imperium Romanum

Semisalis

no news about the crash at the end of campaign loading ? previous beta version worked so far...

I would like to test is as well. PM me a download link please.

EDIT#! - Nevermind. I read through the whole thread and realized the error of my message. My bad. Awesome mod by the way. Though with my limited russian knowledge, it's hard to understand the descriptions :/

I played with chaos dwarves and the egyptian undead (Nekek..nekehkek...neke....well you get the point). Since I love both of them. But I found it really hard economically with the chaos dwarves. I mean..REALLY. I'm forced to quickly charge in and take at least one city, since I'm in a negative income from turn 1. And seeing that there is only one real option on taking over (kislev?), I'm quite limited. You could reduce the number of rebel forces in the nearby karak, that's in the mountains on the upper starting location...or at least not stuff it full of chaos demons and the like. Would lower the difficulty with them somewhat. Just an opinion....
    Last edited by algirdasu; November 02, 2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: reasons
    An amateur writer.

Alternative Reality - a work in progress. Currently disclosed content at -
    http://www.alternativerealitybook.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Necromancer View Post
    - Now if you repatriate settlements back to allies, you will recieve a reward. At the same time if you keep this settlements to yourself you will recieve penalties, riots will enlarged, benefits will be cut, and you will loose ability to hire troops there;

6.Population growth is removed. Now big cities and capitals became much more valuable..
    I. Why? The friendly AI seems to be really bad (I had see they lose a full stack army to one army of beastmen). Isn't it enough difficulty already to face massive hordes?

II. Why remove population growth?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by john_peter View Post
    I. Why? The friendly AI seems to be really bad (I had see they lose a full stack army to one army of beastmen). Isn't it enough difficulty already to face massive hordes?

II. Why remove population growth?
    Whenever AI goes to battle they always autoresolve unless there is a player (you) involved. Autoresolve in this mod is skewed into defenders anvantage heavily unless your army is far stronger or has a lot of units that have more then 1 hp. This makes AI struggle really hard with Beastmen.
    The introduction of this script is probably based on fact that you as player can "abuse" your friendly AI poor behaviour/results and capture their settlements as soon as they lose them either to attacking stacks spawned from scripts or rabelion, etc. To limit your rapid expansion this script forces you to give them those settlements back.
    When i play as Reikland i like to feed my extra income to AI and then enjoy as the they actually manage to create a ton of new units/stacks and start to fight Beastmen back. I believe that the biggest issue the AI has right now is that they go bankrupt instantly at start and they can almost never recover.

Population growth was removed from several reasons, one of which is the fact that this mod doesnt last too many ingame years, i believe its 12 turns per year during which population generaly doesnt change rapidly as it was previously. So to slow it down the team decided to remove it i guess. Also i believe that the plagues were removed too.

Aaaaaaand I can't get it to work. I followed the instructions, installed it over Rotdg, installed the translation files, and the only thing I can start up is the menu. Beautiful. I can't start the campaign and clicking on custom battles crashes the mod. I think there was a solution for this somewhere here but I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogimanz View Post
    Whenever AI goes to battle they always autoresolve unless there is a player (you) involved. Autoresolve in this mod is skewed into defenders anvantage heavily unless your army is far stronger or has a lot of units that have more then 1 hp. This makes AI struggle really hard with Beastmen.
    The introduction of this script is probably based on fact that you as player can "abuse" your friendly AI poor behaviour/results and capture their settlements as soon as they lose them either to attacking stacks spawned from scripts or rabelion, etc. To limit your rapid expansion this script forces you to give them those settlements back.
    When i play as Reikland i like to feed my extra income to AI and then enjoy as the they actually manage to create a ton of new units/stacks and start to fight Beastmen back. I believe that the biggest issue the AI has right now is that they go bankrupt instantly at start and they can almost never recover.

Population growth was removed from several reasons, one of which is the fact that this mod doesnt last too many ingame years, i believe its 12 turns per year during which population generaly doesnt change rapidly as it was previously. So to slow it down the team decided to remove it i guess. Also i believe that the plagues were removed too.
    I don't play Medieval 2 Total War...yet. But I saw in a video towns increasing and the player upgrading the walls.

Also, is Chaos really that strong? I am not sure if the wiki is trustable but it says that Chaos had a bad time trying to take cities like Wolfenburg, Kislev...

Well, I managed to make it work to the campaign, but turns take so long to pass and I crash by the third.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by john_peter View Post
    I don't play Medieval 2 Total War...yet. But I saw in a video towns increasing and the player upgrading the walls.

Also, is Chaos really that strong? I am not sure if the wiki is trustable but it says that Chaos had a bad time trying to take cities like Wolfenburg, Kislev...
    In the current mod version which is 1.5.1 population growth still exists. In patch 1.6+ (still beta) the population growth is gone however some settlements can upgrade walls with special events that trigger after u capture them ( Dwarfs restoring thier lost Karaks, some ork settlements if the AI doesnt do it fast enough,... )
    Chaos (and other "evil" faction) are very strong in this mod, mostly due to their sudden spawned stacks which were made to push the player difficulty to max for more richer gameplay expirience. Total war games for the most part have really weak/bad AI which for the most part cannot afford a decent challenge to a player unless they are given unfair advantages. Thats why the modders tried to spike up difficulty with those spawning/attacking stacks.

Personaly i dont know the lore too much but i believe that all factions were about even in strength until Games Workshop decided to end Fantasy Battle and start this Age of Sigmar thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blumarak View Post
    Well, I managed to make it work to the campaign, but turns take so long to pass and I crash by the third.
    Thats pretty wierd, i am playing on the latest beta patch and i didnt have a single crash in multiple campaigns. Though i remember having crashes once during 1.6.8 i was playing the game, got CTD and then i couldnt restart the game but oddly enough restarting my PC helped me out. Try out the things i mentioned few pages back.
    Last edited by Yogimanz; November 02, 2015 at 06:26 PM.

That's pretty weird, I am playing on the latest beta patch and I didn't have a single crash in multiple campaigns. Though I remember having crashes once during 1.6.8 I was playing the game, got CTD and then I couldn't restart the game but oddly enough restarting my PC helped me out. Try out the things I mentioned few pages back.
    I'd rather not have to suffer through reinstalling Rotdg again.

Okay, well the crash was just a random overload or something. I'm not suffering through it anymore, but trying to speed up the mod with the spacebar makes everything super slow. Also, I'm playing the Tomb Kings and there doesn't appear to be any music involved for them. Is it because they don't have a 'theme' yet or is it a glitch?

In the current mod version which is 1.5.1 population growth still exists. In patch 1.6+ (still beta) the population growth is gone however some settlements can upgrade walls with special events that trigger after u capture them ( Dwarfs restoring thier lost Karaks, some ork settlements if the AI doesnt do it fast enough,... )
    Chaos (and other "evil" faction) are very strong in this mod, mostly due to their sudden spawned stacks which were made to push the player difficulty to max for more richer gameplay expirience. Total war games for the most part have really weak/bad AI which for the most part cannot afford a decent challenge to a player unless they are given unfair advantages. Thats why the modders tried to spike up difficulty with those spawning/attacking stacks.

Personaly i dont know the lore too much but i believe that all factions were about even in strength until Games Workshop decided to end Fantasy Battle and start this Age of Sigmar thingy.
    Thank you. Also, during the game of the youtuber I was speaking about, the imperial forces, somehow, managed to weaken Chaos. It looks like the Invasion halted (2 or 3 full stack armies closing in Reikland, and Atldorf has plenty of elite troops to spare). He also managed, as Reikland, to defeat three Chaos armies by using bridge battles with wizards and cannons. (Of course, these Chaos were far from the main host).
    Maybe even I can hold Chaos for a long time. I honestly thought the AI would just take everything they saw in the way with three full stack armies for each city besieged.
    Last edited by john_peter; November 03, 2015 at 12:28 PM.

Speaking of Tomb Kings - they have these "giant" units..of which name I cannot repeat since it's in russian and I don't know how it translates. A barely understand one word from the name (probably) and it has to do something with "big". Anyway, they cost 4000 to recruit and upon building have 10 units in one squad. In actual battle only 3 stand and they have some issues with attack. For instance..when they chase down a unit - they don't kill anyone, only push them around (Noticed it while observing how they chased a routing unit). And even though they're supposed to do 30 damage, I can't seem to notice anything of the sort. Might be because only 3 actual such skeletal giants are present in the battlefield (instead of 10 supposed). Also, their 12 armor...it might be intentional, I don't know - but they seem to die really easily and the cost and length of their recruitment just isn't worth it. At least that's my opinion on them. (Though their upkeep is quite cheap, so I guess I can't complain)

Other than that - I seem to be mowing down enemies like paper soldiers. Could be partly due to the 3 catapults I use - which devastate morale. Might also be due to the one squad of sorcerers I got at the start. Those guys are...monsters. I am saddened to say so but...at least lower their ammo capacity or something..in one battle I destroyed the enemy with just those sorcerers. ~ 2000 soldiers killed by 10 tomb king sorcerers. A breathtaking feat. Though it's all mainly due to the AI being broken and easily used :/

(Awesome mod. Keep up the work And thanks for the opportunity to play it)
    Last edited by algirdasu; November 03, 2015 at 12:36 PM.
    An amateur writer.

So I managed to install everything and it works properly. My only issue is that all of the new content (Skaven, Norse, Tomb Kings or Neehara, etc) - the accompanying text for those is still in russian. I did apply Gig's latest ENG patch fix, and it fixed about 90% of everything but that is the issue I'm still having.

Any ideas out there as to why those factions' text (faction name, faction unit roster, campaign descriptions, campaign names, etc.) appear to still be in russian after the fix?

Thanks for the help - excellent mod I've enjoyed playing this for the past year - recently wanted to update from 1.5.1 to current 1.6b version.

Libertus

Okay, well the crash was just a random overload or something. I'm not suffering through it anymore, but trying to speed up the mod with the spacebar makes everything super slow. Also, I'm playing the Tomb Kings and there doesn't appear to be any music involved for them. Is it because they don't have a 'theme' yet or is it a glitch?
    Yeah, as this mod is in beta stage, factions Skaven, Tomb Kings and Norsca arent really finished factions. They lack all sounds as far as i know and a lot of icons are missing too. I will personaly test those factions further once they are more polished. As far as english version goes i agree that we should wait the actuall release of 1.6 to make those translations accurate ( currently for me all of the vocies are on English/missing and some units have wrong voices for example Chaos Dwarf general bodyguards have regular Dwaven voice, some Chaos units have greenskin voices and Skavens sound like Scots ).

@algirdasu
    As far as balance goes there were some complaints that giants were too strong so i believe that the team decided to make any recruitable giants weaker in comparison to those that are harder to obtain. Necromancer type units arent recruitable at all and arent as much effective in hands of AI therefore a player can only have one of those kind of units hence they are super powerfull. For example empire has their rocket launchers that are almost as deadly as mage-like units.
    Last edited by Yogimanz; November 03, 2015 at 03:14 PM.

Yeah, and whoever translated for previous versions should be slapped because they're poorly done. The announcement with chaos when that woman demon prince or whatever arrives for KHorne was definitely google translated and I don't understand it all, not to mention some events that still have Russian words in them.

Yeah, and whoever translated for previous versions should be slapped because they're poorly done. The announcement with chaos when that woman demon prince or whatever arrives for KHorne was definitely google translated and I don't understand it all, not to mention some events that still have Russian words in them.
    Whoah, dude. What the heck? The translations made were basically voluntary - seeing as there are no plans to translate the new version until it's at least partially done. Slapped? How about thanked for at least that much?
    An amateur writer.

A suggestion on the Tomb Kings UI - please...please make the letters in black or whatever, because it's terribly hard to read...the current letters basically blend into the backround :/
    An amateur writer.

I can also use Google Translate. The small, short sentences are properly translated and names are understood for the most part. The huge texts are not and are unintelligible.

I can also use Google Translate. The small, short sentences are properly translated and names are understood for the most part. The huge texts are not and are unintelligible.
    You could try to do it better. That woman is Valkia, so all you'd have to do is google translate and then fix everything up by reading the WHFB wikis on each subject, then writing a coherent paragraph on each thing. You could call it "Blumarak's Intelligible English Submod" and I'm sure you'd get a lot of thanks. Not even being sarcastic, it's a community of modders and submodders doing what they can, so if you can, please do.