Thread: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    I believe this is my very first sig/avatar request EVER! Exciting I know right...

Ok, well I'm thinking that even though the DVD is due out this coming July 31st (YEA!) the 300 themed sig/avatar is a bit old if you ask me. Thus here's what I would like you great sig/avatar makers to come up with for me (please of coarse).

Description - I'm thinking something along the lines of a sig/avatar inspired by the game The Darkness. I can't seem to find very many good screen shots for it but I was thinking about using the game cover image for the sig. In the sig I would only like the frame going from a little bit above the character's head to maybe his hands holding the guns height wise and as far over width wise as to include the snake creatures and background. I DO NOT want the title of the game in the frame. This may be hard to do b/c the "S" letters seem to dip down into the frame but could this be blurred out or covered up? Also maybe reduce the brightness of the image itself...it seems too "blue" to me.

I'd also like some appearing and disappearing words please. Preferably these following words in the numbered order:
    1) This is evolution...
    2) the monkey...
    3) the man...
    4) then the gun...
    5) The Darkness (maybe use reduced in size "The Darkness" logo for this part
    I'd like the lines to appear either centered below character's face or starting on left side and appearing in certain increments to the right as they progress. I guess the font of these lines could be whatever looks best...maybe the font "chiller" would fit the mood more yeah?

Feel free to try whatever else would look best and present it - I have enough confidence in people here to make something that I'll like and I'm sure if something is bothering me someone could help me out and fix it.

As far as the avatar goes...maybe just the character's face but make it WAYYY darker so that his glowing eyes REALLY stick out. Anything else? Just mess around with it I guess.

Now, I'm not too sure what they're called but what is it exactly that some people have with their sigs that will move and change...usually it's very thin and will include some sort of small background with phrases like: "Manchester United Fan", "Call of Duty player", etc etc. What are those? and can people here make them?

Last edited by TAG; July 25, 2007 at 07:26 AM.

Anyone care to make me an appropriate sig to advertise the TWC wiki with? The words "TWC Wiki" ought to suffice, the choice of a background pic is up to you, try and make it around 300-400x100-150.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by The Archive Guardian View Post

Holy crap those look too sweet! Thanks alot! I love the avatar but I'm wondering...is it possible to make the text a bit larger? The second and third line can't be read too easily if you don't know what they say. Or can the brightness of said text be toned down a bit - that might be the problem b/c the first and last line can be read easily...thanks again man this looks great
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

I was wondering if you could make a sig for me sorry I have no pics to help.
    These are what I want to include:
    .A campaign map screenie of Eygpt (M2TW) in a purple background.
    .Their faction symbol on the right.
    .A heavy cavalry unit with a secondary weapon in the air.
    And the word Egypt in the center.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Quote Originally Posted by Serious samurai View Post
    Anyone care to make me an appropriate sig to advertise the TWC wiki with? The words "TWC Wiki" ought to suffice, the choice of a background pic is up to you, try and make it around 300-400x100-150.
    Can I second that request and also request a userbar version, see pathetic attempt attached to my sig at the moment.
    A design for that would fit in with as many peoples sigs as possible would be great.

While I'm in here, there was mention of having a different favicon for the Wiki a while ago see:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101849
    that would need to be 16 x 16 pixels square which is a little limiting! If anything could be made to work though it might fit as part of userbar

And so the signature is produced:

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

I got CS3 today but I got some serious problems installing it.
    Ive tried almost anything,time for a chat with Adobe support i guess.
    Things may get delayed a lil bit.
    Last edited by TAG; July 25, 2007 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed Sun View Post
    And so the signature is produced:

thanks ES I like the combination of the sword and the scroll for the "Total War Wiki" element , I think, unless anyone thinks it looks like its saying the writing should be axed....

The immortalised part doesn't work so well for wiki - as you aren't likely to be immortalised more plagiarised and edited - as whole point of wiki is its evolutionary nature.

Pinched your user bar from the other thread - will do a DIY extension of black area on mine so it fits size of my sig, think that one is great and I'll definitely adopt it (have adopted it), thank you and +rep (in next 24 hours)

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    Holy crap those look too sweet! Thanks alot! I love the avatar but I'm wondering...is it possible to make the text a bit larger? The second and third line can't be read too easily if you don't know what they say. Or can the brightness of said text be toned down a bit - that might be the problem b/c the first and last line can be read easily...thanks again man this looks great
    New font,no glow.

Quote Originally Posted by bomberboy View Post
    Provide the pictures please.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Can I second that request and also request a userbar version, see pathetic attempt attached to my sig at the moment.
    A design for that would fit in with as many peoples sigs as possible would be great.

While I'm in here, there was mention of having a different favicon for the Wiki a while ago see:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101849
    that would need to be 16 x 16 pixels square which is a little limiting! If anything could be made to work though it might fit as part of userbar
    okidoki
    Last edited by TAG; July 26, 2007 at 09:39 AM.

Archive Guardian can you do mine please?

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

It was challenging

Quote Originally Posted by African Zulu Warrior View Post
    Archive Guardian can you do mine please?

Last edited by TAG; July 26, 2007 at 10:37 AM.

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Here are the images.

Edit: sorry I couldn't get the unit pic.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Serious samurai View Post
    Last edited by TAG; July 26, 2007 at 12:14 PM.

It has nothing to do with Wikipedia.

umm yes what he said ^^^

It is definitely "Wiki" not Wikipedia - Wikipedia is their trade mark. unfortunately I don't think we can really borrow their logo either , probably not a problem for one persons sig - but I'd be shot if I encouraged anyone else to use it!

+ rep for helping though...

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

hihi i was always thinking wiki is a short name of wikipedia
    never mind it was a quick job... no need for rep.

edit:::

what about that 16 x 16 icon ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Archive Guardian;2006032[IMG
    http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4721/zulusigxzo4.jpg[/IMG]
    Wow, better than I thought. + Rep

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

Here are the images.

Edit: sorry I couldn't get the unit pic.
    Ive started to work on your sig but i cant find a screenshot of Egyptian cavalry.

umm yes what he said ^^^

It is definitely "Wiki" not Wikipedia - Wikipedia is their trade mark. unfortunately I don't think we can really borrow their logo either , probably not a problem for one persons sig - but I'd be shot if I encouraged anyone else to use it!

+ rep for helping though...

another one with depth and ****
    Last edited by TAG; July 27, 2007 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archive Guardian View Post

another one with depth and ****
    I like the design more rep coming when it lets me again....
    The small text could just be "For all things Total War" or "For information on all things Total War" - in case anyone argues the 'best' part (and so Wiki Editor - who also works in Org's Scriptorium can get away with wearing it!)

At moment I want to go and see if I can get backing for promoting the idea of TWC Wiki etc.sigs and userbars, especially userbars as they might fit in better with peoples normal sigs ( so I'm staying on userbar at moment to demo it ). Will come back when I can get better brief of what we could promote.

If Serious samurai is after one of these for his sig. I'll leave him to negotiate what he's prefer...

Re: the Little Icon
    Is very valiant effort but I think might prove we're trying to get too much in it! Miles better than I managed (which was coloured blob) but not sure its legible enough for me to be able to sell idea. Sorry!

Since my PC crashed I haven't been able to get Photoshop to load. I need a new cd drive and maybe one of those disc cleaners.

Anyway, could one of you take a look at what you can come up with for this:

With Lord Gruffles and a quote, "The shell must break before the bird can fly."

TYIA
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.