Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attila Total War Modding Tutorials

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Attila Total War Modding Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by dagnar View Post
    after i create new units. how do i save and put them into the game???
    if you have created a unit following my tutorials, then once you complete it you jsut put your pack into the data folder and load with mod manager in the attila launcher

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TheScourgeOfGod View Post
    Hey Magnar could you release a tutorial on how to mod buildings and add new buildings to the game? Modding building effects is quite easy however making something new such as a Tier V religious building for germanic paganism is difficult. Thanks!
    A buildings tutorial has defnitely been a long time coming. It will most likely be the next tutorial that i do though i dont know exactly when cos im now learning the scripting side of modding.

I followed your startpos tutorial and simply made the Berbers more aggressive and gave them a larger starting treasury, exported via BOB and it says it has 872 conflicts with the Expanded DLC Campaign mod for the Last Roman.

When I export via Bob, is there something I did wrong there possibly? How could my changes have done all that?

Better yet, could you do a tutorial on just making a faction much more expansionist and harder to play against? And go over the BOB to mod final steps in more detail?

Thank you in advance

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

or you can use the Better Agressive AI mod instead

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    I followed your startpos tutorial and simply made the Berbers more aggressive and gave them a larger starting treasury, exported via BOB and it says it has 872 conflicts with the Expanded DLC Campaign mod for the Last Roman.

When I export via Bob, is there something I did wrong there possibly? How could my changes have done all that?

Better yet, could you do a tutorial on just making a faction much more expansionist and harder to play against? And go over the BOB to mod final steps in more detail?

Thank you in advance
    i dont use assembly kit so not sure

Hey Magnar do you think you can do a tutorial on how to get Attila Units into the game. I've got a bunch made in the Variant Editor but I don't know how to get them into pack files and run them in the game. I saw that you need to use BOB and it may just be me being a dumbass here, but I can't find any tutorials to unpack that stuff and get it into the game itself.

If you or anyone else for that matter can make a vid showing how to do that or better yet start at the beginning and just make one from making a basic unit, modifying it's stats and then getting in the game, it would be much appreciated.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
    Hey Magnar do you think you can do a tutorial on how to get Attila Units into the game. I've got a bunch made in the Variant Editor but I don't know how to get them into pack files and run them in the game. I saw that you need to use BOB and it may just be me being a dumbass here, but I can't find any tutorials to unpack that stuff and get it into the game itself.

If you or anyone else for that matter can make a vid showing how to do that or better yet start at the beginning and just make one from making a basic unit, modifying it's stats and then getting in the game, it would be much appreciated.
    You can use my tutorials and pfm to put them in game its the same way. Or use the same tables and do it with assembly kit.

Hey Magnar, apologies if this seems irrelevant to your videos, but I was wondering if you could tell me how to slow army movement speed on the campaign map?

I use to use your own file, however it doesn't seem to work anymore (at least not with Radious).

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Eurolandish View Post
    Hey Magnar, apologies if this seems irrelevant to your videos, but I was wondering if you could tell me how to slow army movement speed on the campaign map?

I use to use your own file, however it doesn't seem to work anymore (at least not with Radious).
    Ive not looked in radious' mod files so i cant say exactly what the conflict is or how to get around it sorry. There are a number of ways of varying complexity to change campaign movement speed.

ey guys, I'm new to modding, I wanted to start with attila but all of the tutorials leave something vital out, normally it was the problem with the variablemeshes not appearing int he drop down boxes, then the unit not popping up. Now, i finished the mod, no errors. But it won't load, I've tried nearly everything and clicked on every unit mod tutorial available. Here's the link to me piece of ****,{http://www.mediafire.com/download/db...alns/test.pack please help me

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Wreaxz View Post
    ey guys, I'm new to modding, I wanted to start with attila but all of the tutorials leave something vital out, normally it was the problem with the variablemeshes not appearing int he drop down boxes, then the unit not popping up. Now, i finished the mod, no errors. But it won't load, I've tried nearly everything and clicked on every unit mod tutorial available. Here's the link to me piece of ****,{http://www.mediafire.com/download/db...alns/test.pack please help me
    wont load how?

not in mod list?

freezes at loading screen?

Any interesting tutorial on how to mod cities with the Assembly Kit?
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

looking to mod an already exsisting mod from 4 tpy to 12, i changed the value in the startpos under calendar from 4 to 12 saved, but it does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    looking to mod an already exsisting mod from 4 tpy to 12, i changed the value in the startpos under calendar from 4 to 12 saved, but it does not work. Any help would be appreciated.
    if you want to change an existing save then you edit the save game, if you want to edit a mod then you change the startpos. Make sure you change the right startpos as there is one for each campaign

hi magnar

Total War How to Attilli unit card game?

However you prepare relevant video? Thank you

Is it possible for someone to teach me how to add armored indian elephants as a recruitable unit to the max tier lancers encampment for the Huns?

regards

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by atademir View Post
    hi magnar

Total War How to Attilli unit card game?

However you prepare relevant video? Thank you
    Same as the rome 2 tutorial but without the masks

hi ... thanks for magner videos

HOW unit for total war attila you prepare a video card?

Total war terry city building game made for attila How will you prepare the video?

How do I make playable nations including the British premiere Dacia Spain Italy Illyrian? I want to choose this nation ...
    please help ... thank you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast