Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Grand Hunt at Runestone

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default A Grand Hunt at Runestone

A large striped Pavilion is raised outside Runestone where various nobles and there families could gather before the hunt. It was a fine day the sun shineing brightly and a nice easterly breeze keeping the it from becoming to warm. In short it was the perfect day for a hunt. Servants scurry around greeting the guests as they arrive and showing them to their places. Inside cooks work feverishly preparing dishes for the feast later. Yohn Royce strides around greeting the first arrivals. Robar and Wymar are pretending to duel with fallen tree branches and Ysillia climbs a nearby tree despite her septa's instructions. Ander was inside nervously preparing for the hunt.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Default Re: A Grand Hunt at Runestone

Edric Yronwood arrives at Runestone on his white sand steed, Aemon. He is clad in leather armor with copper disks sewn onto the torso. His face is slightly reddened by the long rides over Westeros, with freckles appearing on his cheeks. Edric had been at Torrhen's Square when he heard the news about the grand hunt. It would be fun, a much more relaxing pastime than a tourney, as well as an opportunity to meet other nobles of the Seven Kingdoms. Edric remembered the Bronze Yohn from Lannisport. The lord had beat him in the duels and had made it to the finals before being beaten by Raymar Lefford. Despite the man's age, Edric could still feel the power in the strike that had hit his shield. Terrifying even.

Dismounting and handing his steed to a servant, Edric joined the other guests that had arrived.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Tarquin was at the Eyrie visiting Jon Arryn when he heard the news. He liked the Vale, the landscape and the climate. He respected the knightly culture of the mountains too. A hunt would be a nice diversion from business, although he was utterly unable to stop being a lord, at least not whilst he was only the second son of House Lannister

The youthful Rowan squints into the distance as he digs his spurs into the freckled mount gently, goading it onwards to the pavilion he sights in the distance. Accompanied by a pair of other knights, they approach the camp-site, swiftly dismounting the Lord takes the opportunity to stretch his legs throughout the area before moving to congregate around the main area.

Edmund Tully arrives, along with various retainers.

---

Addam Redwyne arrives, alone. For a while, he wanders in the forests of Runestone, thinking quietly to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Edric Yronwood arrives at Runestone on his white sand steed, Aemon. He is clad in leather armor with copper disks sewn onto the torso. His face is slightly reddened by the long rides over Westeros, with freckles appearing on his cheeks. Edric had been at Torrhen's Square when he heard the news about the grand hunt. It would be fun, a much more relaxing pastime than a tourney, as well as an opportunity to meet other nobles of the Seven Kingdoms. Edric remembered the Bronze Yohn from Lannisport. The lord had beat him in the duels and had made it to the finals before being beaten by Raymar Lefford. Despite the man's age, Edric could still feel the power in the strike that had hit his shield. Terrifying even.

Dismounting and handing his steed to a servant, Edric joined the other guests that had arrived.
    Yohn walks up to greet the man smiling jovially. He remembered the fight against the young man. The Lad moved like a snake if Yohn hadn't manged to break through his guard early that duel could have went very differently. "Welcome to Runestone," he says, "I hope your journey was well."

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Tarquin was at the Eyrie visiting Jon Arryn when he heard the news. He liked the Vale, the landscape and the climate. He respected the knightly culture of the mountains too. A hunt would be a nice diversion from business, although he was utterly unable to stop being a lord, at least not whilst he was only the second son of House Lannister
    Ander wanders out of the keep slightly distracted. He almost bumps into the young knight coming the other way. "I am sorry Ser," he says quickly composing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Yohn walks up to greet the man smiling jovially. He remembered the fight against the young man. The Lad moved like a snake if Yohn hadn't manged to break through his guard early that duel could have went very differently. "Welcome to Runestone," he says, "I hope your journey was well."
    Edric bows to Lord Royce.

"Thank you, my lord. It was a good journey, with lovely weather and no brigands trying to slit my throat. How fares Runestone? You must certainly be in good spirits, my lord."

"Aye it is a fine day for a hunt, and I have received word of a boar not 5 miles west of here." He chuckles, "If my sources are correct than she'll be quite a prize."

"The gods smile upon us today."

Edric smiled.

"My lord, what would you say about a little bet with me? A thousand golden dragons to the man who takes down this beast?"

"Aye, I'll take your bet," He says shaking the mans hand, "And call me Yohn the formalities have no place on a hunt."

Quote Originally Posted by stigwig View Post
    The youthful Rowan squints into the distance as he digs his spurs into the freckled mount gently, goading it onwards to the pavilion he sights in the distance. Accompanied by a pair of other knights, they approach the camp-site, swiftly dismounting the Lord takes the opportunity to stretch his legs throughout the area before moving to congregate around the main area.
    The young Lord is taken into the pavilion where the other knights are assembling. Ander Royce walks up a few moments later "Lord Rowan i'm glad you could make it." He says greeting the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard of Gloucester View Post
    Edmund Tully arrives, along with various retainers.
    Yohn spies Edmund in the distance and calls him over. "Lord Tully," he says, "I am glad you could make it. Have you met Ser Edric yet?"

Addam Redwyne arrives, alone. For a while, he wanders in the forests of Runestone, thinking quietly to himself.
    The guards give Redwyne a sideways look before one recognizes his colors and waves him into the pavilion area.

Mathis turns to Ander as he speaks to him, inclining his head as he begins to speak. Once Ander had finished he would reply, an amicable smile upon his lips.

"A pleasure to attend, my friend, I dearly look forwards to the sport. As does my cousin here, August." As he speaks he gestures to a boy, appearing to be about 17, who stands next to him. "So, what are we to be hunting upon this fine Vale day?"

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    The young Lord is taken into the pavilion where the other knights are assembling. Ander Royce walks up a few moments later "Lord Rowan i'm glad you could make it." He says greeting the man.

Yohn spies Edmund in the distance and calls him over. "Lord Tully," he says, "I am glad you could make it. Have you met Ser Edric yet?"

The guards give Redwyne a sideways look before one recognizes his colors and waves him into the pavilion area.

Edmund greets lord Yohn with a grin, and offers his hand to the old Royce.

Greetings, Lord Royce. And no, i do not believe I have had the pleasure.

He turns towards the Yronwood.

Lord Edmund Tully, at your service.

-----

Addam wanders into the pavilion, his eyes scanning everyone around him. Licking his lips, he went and stood with the other lords, not saying a word all the while.

"A pleasure to attend, my friend, I dearly look forwards to the sport. As does my cousin here, August." As he speaks he gestures to a boy, appearing to be about 17, who stands next to him. "So, what are we to be hunting upon this fine Vale day?" [/QUOTE]

"There is a boar's den about five miles west of here that we are going to tackle, and if we are lucky we might catch a fine stag on the way." Ander says with a grin. Ander hoped he could bag something nice to really prove himself.

Edmund greets lord Yohn with a grin, and offers his hand to the old Royce.

Greetings, Lord Royce. And no, i do not believe I have had the pleasure.

He turns towards the Yronwood.

Lord Edmund Tully, at your service.
    Yohn takes the mans hand saying, "I fought Young Edric here in the tourney. He's a fine swordsman."

Addam wanders into the pavilion, his eyes scanning everyone around him. Licking his lips, he went and stood with the other lords, not saying a word all the while.
    Yohn turn to the strange new arrival not recognizing him. "I am sorry," He says slowly I do not believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you."

Addam looks towards the Lord Royce, and smiles widely. An odd smile. It showed much of his teeth, which seemed to be oddly... sharp.

Lord Addam Redwyne. And I assume you are Lord Royce?

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Edrick Tallhart arrives at Runestone mounted upon his horse, Brandon. He is dressed in supple leathers trimmed with northern furs. Edrick had retuned to Torrhen's Square after the tourney, to tell his family about what had transpired in the south. He made his way south upon hearing of the hunt to be held by the lord of Runestone. He would prefer another tourney to prove his skill as a knight, but he could use the time to meet new people.. some of them might even be worth followinging. Edrick recalled that Bronze Yohn had won second place in the melee, as Edrick himself had won second place in the joust - being the third person that day who was nearly killed by young Geoff Tyrell.

He dismounted and handed the reigns of his beast to a nearby servant, he then moved to join the other lords and knight preparing for the hunt.

Addam looks towards the Lord Royce, and smiles widely. An odd smile. It showed much of his teeth, which seemed to be oddly... sharp.

Lord Addam Redwyne. And I assume you are Lord Royce?
    "You assume correctly." Yohn says gruffly as he studies the strange man. Were his teeth sharp? He had heard strange rumors of the Lord of the Arbor, but he had never believed them before now. Silence falls over the little group only to be broken by the arrival of Talhart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    Edrick Tallhart arrives at Runestone mounted upon his horse, Brandon. He is dressed in supple leathers trimmed with northern furs. Edrick had retuned to Torrhen's Square after the tourney, to tell his family about what had transpired in the south. He made his way south upon hearing of the hunt to be held by the lord of Runestone. He would prefer another tourney to prove his skill as a knight, but he could use the time to meet new people.. some of them might even be worth followinging. Edrick recalled that Bronze Yohn had won second place in the melee, as Edrick himself had won second place in the joust - being the third person that day who was nearly killed by young Geoff Tyrell.

He dismounted and handed the reigns of his beast to a nearby servant, he then moved to join the other lords and knight preparing for the hunt.
    Yohn uses the arrival of Ser Tallhart to cover the moment of awkwardness
    "Ser Edrick if i recall you did rather well in the joust."

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Tallhart was taken aback slightly by the upfront manner of Lord Royce. You recall correctly, I came in second. Alas Ser Tyrell's lance found my neck, I thank the Old gods and the New that our meeting was not so final as Rosby's. He pushed a delicate curl behind his ear. As I recall you did quite well in the melee yourself, my lord.

Lord Yorbert Waynwood and about two dozen men arrive to the camp, bringing with them spears, lances, javelins and crossbows, along with a dozen hounds, who barked incessantly as Lord Yorbert approached Yohn Royce. Behind him, his squire and his 3 sons rode in pairs.

"Lord Royce," he said, "It is a pleasure to meet again. The sun's high up, the wind in our favor, when shall we begin?"

Mathis nods in reply,

"Indeed, a boar's den sounds like excellent sport, how long till we begin?" ​As he speaks his eyes skim over the congregation of gathered nobles, searching for familiar faces.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast