Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Grand Hunt at Runestone

Default Re: A Grand Hunt at Runestone

Mathis allows a thin smirk to spread across his features.

"Perhaps the fox shall claim his prize. Who can say."

Addam licked his lips.

​Such is the way of animals.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The Hunting party rides off heading west after their prey. The sun shines thorough the branches of the trees making a broken scattered light on the forest floor. The party keeps it's eyes peeled looking for any sign of movement. After a few hours they arrive at a large brush area. Inside the hunters can hear the boar snuffling around inside. Ander and Yohn dismount as the party beginning to surround the beasts den. Spears ready pointed Yohn signals for the dogs to be loosed. They dart in barking up a storm.

ooc I plan to assign everyone a number and roll to see where the boar goes and then roll a standard duel between player and boar with the boar having ten health. If no one objects I will go forward with this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    He greets Yobert warmly saying, "Glad you could make it Yobert." Then he turns to the group of gathered knights and nobles calling, "Mount up men we leave in five."
    "Excellent!" said Yobert, to no one specifically; he was a man who loved to hunt. He quickly began to pass instructions to his men, setting them up in groups for the hunt.

Morton, Lord Yobert's heir, looked around, and noticed several banners from the Reach. He found this a good opportunity to test his younger brothers' knowledge of the noble houses beyond the Mountains of the Moon.

"Wallace, tell me, that banner, blue and red, with a white fish. Which house is that?"

Wallace, a boy of 11, was completely absorbed by the experience of finally being allowed to join his father and brothers in a hunt, and took a few seconds to process the question.

"House Tully, obviously," replied Donnel, keeping Wallace with the words in his mouth.

"That was easy," commented Marq Prior, Lord Yorbert's squire. "Tell me, then, house and seat, of that golden tree over there, on white."

Donnel had to think for a moment, but Wallace was quick this time.

"Goldengrove... house Rogan!"

"It's Rowan, dimwit," said Donnel, upset.

"And the grapes, on an azure background?" continued Marq.

"Redwyne, of the Arbor," said Wallace again beating his brother for a second. With nothing to correct this time, Donnel decided to punch his brother's arm. William complained, and immediately Morton looked at the two with an angry look.

"Quit it! I will not let you embarrass our house in front of these Lords," he said, remembering

Marq smirked and looked around, suspiciously, trying to figure out if there was another reason behind having so many southern lords visiting the Vale for a simple hunting trip.

Edmund joined the other lords, preparing his men for the hunt. He had hoped to Arryn here, along with Lysa, but no such luck. Cursing inwardly at his frailty as he tried to keep pace with the others, he stopped to take a few breaths while his son waited beside him, worried.

The Hunting party rides off heading west after their prey. The sun shines thorough the branches of the trees making a broken scattered light on the forest floor. The party keeps it's eyes peeled looking for any sign of movement. After a few hours they arrive at a large brush area. Inside the hunters can hear the boar snuffling around inside. Ander and Yohn dismount as the party beginning to surround the beasts den. Spears ready pointed Yohn signals for the dogs to be loosed. They dart in barking up a storm.

ooc I plan to assign everyone a number and roll to see where the boar goes and then roll a standard duel between player and boar with the boar having ten health. If no one objects I will go forward with this plan.
    As the hounds barked and ran for the cave, Marq and Morton approached from the left flank. Marq, slightly older and fairly taller than Morton, went in front of him, carrying a long spear and a short sword. Marq, a few steps behind, carried 4 short javelins, and a hunting knife. In a similar fashion, Lord Yorbert, and two of his retainers marched carefully, each carrying a heavy spear with a crossguard.

While Edmund stopped and waited for a while to catch his breath, Lord Redwyne had no such reservations. He sprinted off into the forest, howling with laughter, armed with a spear and a hunting knife.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Tallhart gripped a spear in his right hand as he set off into the forest in search of the boar, a knife hung at his hip to deliver a finishing blow and his sword at the other - for surly a knight shouldn't be caught outside without his blade.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Ander wanders out of the keep slightly distracted. He almost bumps into the young knight coming the other way. "I am sorry Ser," he says quickly composing himself.
    Tarquin was ready to challenge the man before he recognised the Royce heraldric. "Something on your mind that distracts you?" Tarquin leant forward from his high horse and offers his hand to shake. "Tarquin Lannister." He said bluntly. The butt of his hunting lance rested on the toe of his boot in the stirrup. "I hear this is boar country." The steward looked around unimpressed. "I prefer something bigger, faster, more dangerous. Like a stag."

Ooc: Tarquin is 36 not so young?

The duel system sounds like a good idea but you won't be allowed to do the rolls yourself.
    Last edited by Hengest; April 21, 2015 at 05:38 PM.

As the hunt progressed Tallhart approached Lord Tarquin when he was relatively alone. My Lord, a word if you might indulge me?

Mathis clambers onto his horse as he hears the hunt begin, the links of chainmail shimmying as he adjusted himself in the saddle. Taking a spear from his squire, Augustus, who proceeded to mount his own horse behind Mathis, they advanced into the woods. Following just behind the main group of the party as the horses' hooves crunch on the hard ground, their eyes remain focused and aware on the possible prey.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Edric Yronwood grinned as he joined the other lords in the hunt. Grabbing his spear and round shield, the young man ran alongside Lord Redwyne at the front. He wanted those thousand gold pieces, damn safety.

OOC: we getting any rolls here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Tarquin was ready to challenge the man before he recognised the Royce heraldric. "Something on your mid that distracts you?" Tarquin leant forward from his high horse and offers his hand to shake. "Tarquin Lannister." He said bluntly. The butt of his hunting lance rested on the toe of his boot in the stirrup. "I hear this is boar country." The steward looked around unimpressed. "I prefer something bigger, faster, more dangerous. Like a stag."

Ooc: Tarquin is 36 not so young?

The duel system sounds like a good idea but you won't be allowed to do the rolls yourself.

ooc since this is an rp with no consequence I was going to simply roll it to keep moving along if anyone has a problem with this I will get mods.

"Ander Royce," Ander says quickly, "A pleasure to meet you Ser."

Character List
    1- Yohn Royce
    2- Ander Royce
    3- Tarquin Lannister
    4- Ser Tallhart
    5- Edmund Tully
    6- Morton Yobert
    7- Lord Yobert
    8- Addan Redwyne
    9- Mathis Rowan
    10- Edric Yornwood

Did I miss anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    As the hunt progressed Tallhart approached Lord Tarquin when he was relatively alone. My Lord, a word if you might indulge me?
    Tallhart, he recognised the arms a minor house of the far north memorable only for their strategic hold of the inlet from the west. Tarquin was happy to be mistaken for the lord of the Westerlands, if that was what was meant, for as far as so many were concerned...not least he himself; he was the true lord of Casterly Rock in all but name.
    "Of course," he pulled his horse to the side and followed Tallhart away from the ears of the party. He was sure this would not go unobserved however. He remained expressionless and waited for the northerner to break his curiosity.

You might remember me from the Tourney at Lannisport, I made it to the final of the joust before being unseated by Ser Geoff Tyrell. Edrick's speech had a rhythmic tone to it, sweet and subtle. I would offer my sword to your daughter, the soon-to-be queen, with your approval. She will need knightly guardians in the viper pit that is Kingslanding to be sure and I would offer my services to you as well, to report on anything I see in the capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    You might remember me from the Tourney at Lannisport, I made it to the final of the joust before being unseated by Ser Geoff Tyrell. Edrick's speech had a rhythmic tone to it, sweet and subtle. I would offer my sword to your daughter, the soon-to-be queen, with your approval. She will need knightly guardians in the viper pit that is Kingslanding to be sure and I would offer my services to you as well, to report on anything I see in the capital.
    Tarquin raised his eyebrows demonstratively. "I do remember you now, yes. A worthy knight indeed. Geoff is now my Shield of Lannisport so it makes sense to have his challenger given similar praise." The talk of reports was a powerful offer, but also tinged with dangerous politics. "Surely all things that happen in the capital are under the king's eye and therefore in the order they should be." He said obsequiously. "But I give you leave to visit my daughter and arrange with her the nature of your office. I am sure she will be thrilled." He nodded and gestured ahead to the hunt. "I wish you the best of the boar, ser."

Indeed.. And to you as well my lord. With that he moved out in search of the boar.

The dogs go running into the under brush barking and snarling. There is a rushing in the underbrush and suddenly a massive boar comes flying out directly towards Lord Tully. The massive beast's tusks glisten sharply in the afternoon sun.

Duel
    Tully 20 hp Boar 10 hp
    Round 1
    Tully 20 Boar 6 hp
    Round 2
    Tully 18 hp Boar 6 hp
    Round 3
    Tully 18 hp Boar 0

Edmund and his son are wandering through the woods, slightly behind all the other lords. Edmund is hefting a great boar spear, while Edmure is awkwardly wielding a short bow and arrow. Becoming alert as the dogs begin to snarl and bark, the two have just enough time to prepare as the boar charges out of the undergrowth, squealing. Edmure pierces the boars hide with an arrow, before backing off and allowing his father to finish it off. The boar, enraged by the pain, knocks lord Tully to the floor. Edmure rushes towards his father, who merely pushes the corpse of the boar off of him. Coughing and spluttering slightly. The boar was dead, impaled by his spear, and he dusts himself off before laughing. Edmure, initially nervous, joins in with his fathers mirth.

I haven't had that much fun in years! Not a bad prize eh?
    Last edited by Gandalfus; April 24, 2015 at 10:12 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast