View Poll Results: Which team do you support?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

10 23.81%
  • Aston Villa

0 0%
  • Bournemouth

0 0%
  • Chelsea

6 14.29%
  • Crystal Palace

2 4.76%
  • Everton

0 0%
  • Leicester

3 7.14%
  • Liverpool

8 19.05%
  • Manchester City

2 4.76%
  • Manchester Utd

5 11.90%
  • Newcastle

3 7.14%
  • Norwich

0 0%
  • Southampton

1 2.38%
  • Stoke

0 0%
  • Sunderland

0 0%
  • Swansea

0 0%
  • Tottenham Hotspurs

1 2.38%
  • Watford

0 0%
  • West Bromwich Albion

0 0%
  • West Ham Utd

1 2.38%
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 English Premier League

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2015/16 English Premier League

I liked him at Everton, his teams were always physically tough and managed to unearth enough talented (young) players to make them good to watch. But, he was never going to take them that extra step to make them title contenders. Can't blame finances because they didn't consistently sell their best players and they had enough to buy good players who could become great. So it had to be Moyes. Similar to Allerdice or Redknapp, just don't have that eXtra needed to step up.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

The entire phone transcript of the Benzema blackmail case. In hindsight, it would have been pretty funny if benz had gone to Arsenal.

Blog Entries

Arsene knows.

It's not the first time Benzema has been involved in this sort of thing. In hindsight thank **** we didn't sign him. At least Girouds scandals are of a more traditional nature.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

He should run for FIFA president, sounds like he is a right slime-ball maggot so should fit in very neatly with that lot.

I wonder who Real will move for to replace him, either this winter or in the summer? Unless they want to sell Ronaldo and restructure the team around a more traditional striker they need someone in Benzema's mould.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    I wonder who Real will move for to replace him, either this winter or in the summer? Unless they want to sell Ronaldo and restructure the team around a more traditional striker they need someone in Benzema's mould.
    You think he'll ever land in court, or go to prison?.. The club have already backed him and they must have known how deep he was involved.

Could be interesting to see who'd buy him if they put him up for sale. A lot of clubs would be tempted.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Pato's about but I heard Klopp has him sorted. Imagine Vardy at Madrid.

Edit: I think Aubameyang wanted a move to Spain but I doubt Dortmund would let him leave before summer.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

I don't think he'll come though this scandal tbh. Real value their image a lot and I think this is tarnishing it.

Blog Entries

This is French national team, I doubt Real will be that bothered. They didn't make a peep when he was involved with an under age prostitute. Which he was acquitted of, but still.

Mathieu Flamini at the Emirates P50 W34 D16.

Never lost at home. Fair play..
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; November 12, 2015 at 02:54 AM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

34 plus 15 equals 40 now?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Blog Entries

Opps, it's D16.. My mistake....

As somebody who occasionally follows what happens in the world of football I must say I am rather baffled with Chelsea, does somebody mind explaining me what the hell is happening to them?

From what I can gather Murinho went full insane with "park the bus" and refuses to change, despite it costing him Champions League, I watched the game against PSG which they played extremely defensively despite a)not having some strong score to protect b) Playing in London c) And none less but IBRAHIMOVIC getting a red card early in the game.

I have also read that the parking started late into last season and it was showing weakness. So is Murinho insane or did I miss something?

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Look at what he did to Real Madrid and you'll find the answer.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    As somebody who occasionally follows what happens in the world of football I must say I am rather baffled with Chelsea, does somebody mind explaining me what the hell is happening to them?

From what I can gather Murinho went full insane with "park the bus" and refuses to change, despite it costing him Champions League, I watched the game against PSG which they played extremely defensively despite a)not having some strong score to protect b) Playing in London c) And none less but IBRAHIMOVIC getting a red card early in the game.

I have also read that the parking started late into last season and it was showing weakness. So is Murinho insane or did I miss something?
    You've managed to miss every relevant point as to why they are doing poorly this season.

Blog Entries

Sold Mata - voted best player at the club two years in a row and very popular member of the team.
    Doesn't bring through young players, instead sends them out on loan.
    Gave the players an extra week off at the start of the season - many think their slow start was because players we far from match fit when they returned.
    Consistently berates referees and has been fined a number of times for doing so.
    Poor transfer period with no players (Begovic aside) bought who have added to the title winning team.
    Publically humiliated the club medic (Eva Carneiro), refused to apologise. Then the club sacker her (she was very popular among the players/staff). She's currently taking the club and Jose to court.
    Publically berates his own players but takes no responsibility himself.
    Drops senior players, Terry, Fabregas, Matic,, Hazard, as a result there's been no consistency in the first team.

Any of those things can upset the balance at a club, players confidence takes a knock and they don't perform. Once the rot sets in it's hard to get a team back on track and the PL, maybe more than any other league, has teams who will put in that extra effort to punish a team they sense is struggling....

And he's a bumhat.

I think there's definitely some resentment on Jose's side towards the board. They failed to get targets he clearly believed they needed such as Stones and Pogba. Fair enough they got Pedro but he's been .

Blog Entries

Pedro felt like a last minute grab because he was available, no?.. Not sure Jose even wanted him but Cuadrado was such a flop (yet doing well at Juve), and Falcao?? that was an odd signing even on a loan. He was dire at Utd last season and hasn't had the chance to improve this.

£100m worth of players out on loan with little chance of any of them getting into the first team, even Roman must be wondering where his money is going.

You've managed to miss every relevant point as to why they are doing poorly this season.
    Well that's why I asked what's wrong with them, I just offered my perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Sold Mata - voted best player at the club two years in a row and very popular member of the team.
    Doesn't bring through young players, instead sends them out on loan.
    Gave the players an extra week off at the start of the season - many think their slow start was because players we far from match fit when they returned.
    Consistently berates referees and has been fined a number of times for doing so.
    Poor transfer period with no players (Begovic aside) bought who have added to the title winning team.
    Publically humiliated the club medic (Eva Carneiro), refused to apologise. Then the club sacker her (she was very popular among the players/staff). She's currently taking the club and Jose to court.
    Publically berates his own players but takes no responsibility himself.
    Drops senior players, Terry, Fabregas, Matic,, Hazard, as a result there's been no consistency in the first team.

Any of those things can upset the balance at a club, players confidence takes a knock and they don't perform. Once the rot sets in it's hard to get a team back on track and the PL, maybe more than any other league, has teams who will put in that extra effort to punish a team they sense is struggling....

And he's a bumhat.
    So he's getting more and more insane and stubborn as he's getting more older? You would think he would learn and get experience, but he seems more and more deluded.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So he's getting more and more insane and stubborn as he's getting more older? You would think he would learn and get experience, but he seems more and more deluded.
    It's a common theme with managers but yeh, Jose seems to be in a downward slump he can stop. In general when a club has a period like this they get a bit lucky and string 2-3 wins together. The confidence comes back and normal service is returned. I think, with Chelsea people/clubs are enjoying waiting Jose fall from his perch..

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I don't follow soccer as much as I used to so I'm struggling to keep up so at this stage is Memphis Depay to worst footballer in the world or Man Utd wonderkid signing?