Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bandages are RACIST! - Sweden Strikes Again

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Bandages are RACIST! - Sweden Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Why do you refer him as "she"???
    Is he identifying as male, then? (Sweden) Yes?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Why do you refer him as "she"???
    Beacuse its a woman.

The bra strap would be a clue.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

It could be an undershirt!

Every time Pasan posts, I remember how actually ridiculous Sweden is getting, because he reminds me that other Scandinavians are actually way more "rational" about this. I just don't get, what exactly is the origin of all this BS since obviously it isn't a Scandinavian culture thing.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; August 16, 2015 at 02:47 PM.

Comes Domesticorum

Don't worry, it'll reach them too.

Citizen

In contrast to Sweden we have a solid right wing, I vote left but I'm glad they are there as opposition. also talking about problems relating to immigration and sexism is not as tabu as in Sweden. In general Scandinavia on any subject is that Denmark is to one side, (for example in immigration, Denmark is more sceptical to immigrants) Sweden in the other ( and Norway somewhere in between.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Sweden actually got a solid right wing and the majority of the Swedish voters voted for a right wing party. The reason that we despite this get a lot of coverage on this kind of topics is that reporters are far more likely to report on issues that they themself got an interest in. The figure below comes from a survey done by scientists in 2011 (source). What it represents is an index of political beliefs on a left to right scale over the time scale 1989 to 2011. Participants in the survey are described as: Journalists (journalister), publishers (Ansvarig utgivare), the public (allmänheten) and members of the parliament (riksdagsledamöter).

As we can see journalism is dominated by people with comparatively strong leftist beliefs while the public on average got centrist beliefs. What is interesting to note is that members of the parliament for the first time is averaging further on the right than the public which is most likely cause by Social Democrats voting for more right wing parties as they do not support the leftwing of the Social Democratic party.

So whenever we have a story about stupid leftists it's generally caused by leftwing journalists providing airtime to people whom they take seriously but whom most of the public find retarded. In this particular case I would also like to point out that the average "skin coloured" plaster in Sweden is beige rather than white. Meaning that the colour of plasters are far more similar in colour to Paula than the average Sweden.

Most sold plaster in Sweden:

Paula who was complaining.

Eva Fernvall whom she was debating with:

From now on I will exclusively refer to people of Paulas complexion as "plaster-coloured" as mulatto sounds anachronistic.

I guess hot blondes are Norse myths.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

They make band aids in black skin tones. I've bought them myself by mistake. They may not be widely available in Sweden, but that's probably because Swedish people don't have skin color.

If there was a demand, there'd be a supply. They already exist.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; August 18, 2015 at 02:20 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

even knowing its a satire sometimes make me sad that humans dominate this world since stupidity is rampant and over the charts.......... everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is offensive, everything is ......... i guess i will wait for the next mass extintion event.
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    They make band aids in black skin tones. I've bought them myself by mistake. They may not be widely available in Sweden, but that's probably because Swedish people don't have skin color.

If there was a demand, there'd be a supply. They already exist.
    Goth market?
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Who the really cares about this? How is this "news"?

Don't ever change Sweden. I do enjoy the explanation you've given for this, though, Adar. Makes sense.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Don't ever change Sweden. I do enjoy the explanation you've given for this, though, Adar. Makes sense.
    Change is inevitable, we already got several media outlets (Dagens Industri, Göteborgsposten and SvD) who make fun of this kind of manufactured outrage so I expect the dominance of such beliefs to fall apart just as East Germany did. Personally I am considering the possibility of starting to refer to certain demographics in Sweden as "bandaid coloured" to further mock this concept.

I just wish that the change had taken place before we invested in these new road crossing signs...
    Last edited by Adar; August 19, 2015 at 04:45 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Change is inevitable, we already got several media outlets (Dagens Industri, Göteborgsposten and SvD) who make fun of this kind of manufactured outrage so I expect the dominance of such beliefs to fall apart just as East Germany did. Personally I am considering the possibility of starting to refer to certain demographics in Sweden as "bandaid coloured" to further mock this concept.

I just wish that the change had taken place before we invested in these new road crossing signs...
    What "race" is the far left pedestrian supposed to be? Albino? Honestly, only albinos are that white. Hell, come to think of it, that's whiter than an actual albino.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    What "race" is the far left pedestrian supposed to be? Albino? Honestly, only albinos are that white. Hell, come to think of it, that's whiter than an actual albino.
    White? That's yellow buddy.

Surely this is less an issue with Sweden and more an issue with the seriousness feminists are being taken with now.

A few weeks ago a post came up on my Facebook news feed. Basically it was a complaint by a feminist to a sporting brand. It included a photo of an advertising campaign the sporting brand was doing for jogging. This photo showed two signs beside each other. One had a man with the words, "I run to get faster" and one had a woman with the words "I run to lose weight", I something to that effect. What I couldn't wrap my head around was that this woman was posting a complain that this was sexist because women don't only run to lose weight and this post had thousands of likes and hundreds of comments agreeing with it. Other women were literally going "Yeah, this is disgusting" and "Why haven't they answered this yet".

This is despite the fact that someone else replied with a photo that showed another advertisement sign. This one had a picture of a woman running and had the words, "I run to stay healthy" but of course with feminism logic, this was just ignored.

It's become less about "Don't be sexist" and more about "Don't do anything because a feminist might find it sexist".

^TBH "I run to get faster" sounds pretty dumb

Citizen

Not really tho.

I run after athletic chicks.

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

So what's the problem? She's mad because the bandages aren't the same color as her skin? Seems like a class-A first world problem.
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast