Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures & Videos

Default Re: ----- Pictures & Videos -----

Dear friends, here are the first two faction teaser for the "Rise of Mordor" conversion mod!
    We will add more specific video content soon.

Have fun and enjoy!
    Cheers, Wolf (& Kaisa)

May it be forgiven that I post this in chronological order:

WAROS Team

WarriorofSparta

Pixelated Apollo

THFE Productions

lionheartx10
    Last edited by Don Juan_de_Austria; January 13, 2016 at 01:11 PM.
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Alex The Rambler! - Total War

Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Just happened to notice the Moria orc in one of the videos, but it has the same look as Azogs army in the hobbit movie, i thougt this armor was gonna be for the Gundabad faction? Or do they have another armor planned, or the Dol Guldur orcs?

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

I love these videos, and also the factions, but please for the love of god, get rid of the getting stabbed death animation.
    Itīs virtually impossible to get stabbed through a layer of plate and chain added up.
    Not with swords, nor spears.

Historically, there were daggers designed to penetrate armor, but these were fallback weapons, to kill an enemie whom you have wrestled to the ground after having lost your main weapon yourself.

I know this is still pre alpha and heavily W.I.P., but thatīs exactly why I write this now.
    I donīt really know much about Attila animation tables, but Iīve dabbled with them in Rome 2, and it should be possible to get rid of them in the matched combat animations tables.

And to satisfy my curiosity, do you guys plan on creating animation sets for every faction or will there be shared animations for certain races?
    Like f.e. Gondor and Arnor sharing them, Rohan and Dale, Uruk-Hai from Mordor and Isengard.

Btw, what about the bigger fellows from the dark forces, do you have plans on them?

Best regards
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    I love these videos, and also the factions, but please for the love of god, get rid of the getting stabbed death animation.
    Itīs virtually impossible to get stabbed through a layer of plate and chain added up.

Historically, there were daggers designed to penetrate armor, but these were fallback weapons, to kill an enemie whom you have wrestled to the ground after having lost your main weapon yourself.

I know this is still pre alpha and heavily W.I.P., but thatīs exactly why I write this now.
    I donīt really know much about Attila animation tables, but Iīve dabbled with them in Rome 2, and it should be possible to get rid of them in the matched combat animations tables.

And to satisfy my curiosity, do you guys plan on creating animation sets for every faction or will there be shared animations for certain races?
    Like f.e. Gondor and Arnor sharing them, Rohan and Dale, Uruk-Hai from Mordor and Isengard.

Btw, what about the bigger fellows from the dark forces, do you have plans on them?

Best regards
    not whit plate armour I agree but it should be possible for the orcs and uruks through low quality chainmail from dale and rohan maybe for IRRC uruks and orcs are having far more muscles than men
    just my thoughts upon the topic don't know if that is even possible
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

To penetrate chainmail you need to apply a lot of force to as small a point as possible, therefore bursting one of the rings.

If you look for historical guidance, the mainz gladius has a tapered point and is rather broad and short,
    therefore combining mass with maneuverability and a small point to facilitate optimal penetration force.

Another way to deal with chain armour is blunt trauma. You didnīt penetrate with your longsword, you broke your opponents bones.

Plate on the other hand protects both from trauma and penetration. The best way to deal with it is to apply a combination of both, concentrated trauma.
    Historical guidance can be found in war-hammers and -maces.

All of this neither takes into account the enemyīs skill nor his luck. Itīs only about melee weapons against armour, in optimal conditions and during an optimal angle of attack.

Additionally, it applies to melee only, missiles operate similarly, but other ways to generate force force us to apply different rules to them.

BTW, why donīt pike uruks use the pike phalanx in the videos?
    Wouldnīt that be one of the few things you could use without any bother?

Best regards

"I concur!"

​Me

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Best regards
    We have plans for trolls but we dont have any plans for specific animations for each race. This is very time consuming and we almost dont have anyone working on animaitons.
    Im no getting how do you mean us to fix that? Create new death animations or we can use smth vanilla by replacing values in tables?

In videos Uruk Hai Pikemen had a bug. Its fixed now so dont worry, they use pikes now in close combat instead of swords.

The guys from DeI did that for example, they completely revamped animations.

I imagine that animations work rather similarly in attila.

If I remember correctly, there are sword_shield_matched_combat/spear_shield_matched_combat file in the animation tables.
    If you have two units fighting each other and matched combat occurs, any .anim file of one guy fighting another corresponds with the .anim of the other one.
    This of course also applies to death animations.

In DeI, f.e. legionaries received a completely new sword_shield_legionaries_matched_combat file.
    MAybe you could make something like sword/spear_noshield/shield_dunedain/easterling/haradhrim/orc/uruk_matched_combat files for the races and troop types respectively.

Best regards

"I concur!"

​Me

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

I think it'd be better to speak with DeI when we come to that stage.

It may be better to ask the devs from the Ancient Empires mod, as they are also modding Attila, but their animations guy actually did learn from the DeI animations guy, so itīs up to you I guess^^

Iīm just terribly happy that this actually is a thing^^

"I concur!"

​Me

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

To penetrate chainmail you need to apply a lot of force to as small a point as possible, therefore bursting one of the rings.

If you look for historical guidance, the mainz gladius has a tapered point and is rather broad and short,
    therefore combining mass with maneuverability and a small point to facilitate optimal penetration force.

Another way to deal with chain armour is blunt trauma. You didnīt penetrate with your longsword, you broke your opponents bones.

Plate on the other hand protects both from trauma and penetration. The best way to deal with it is to apply a combination of both, concentrated trauma.
    Historical guidance can be found in war-hammers and -maces.

All of this neither takes into account the enemyīs skill nor his luck. Itīs only about melee weapons against armour, in optimal conditions and during an optimal angle of attack.

Additionally, it applies to melee only, missiles operate similarly, but other ways to generate force force us to apply different rules to them.

BTW, why donīt pike uruks use the pike phalanx in the videos?
    Wouldnīt that be one of the few things you could use without any bother?

Best regards
    Orc soldiers within Mordor actually had the first weapon you mentioned (and of course scimitars). Forgot the reference though so I may be wrong.
    Last edited by Alkar; January 21, 2016 at 02:56 PM.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Orc soldiers had Gladii?
    Itīs been a while since I delved into ME lore, but I highly doubt that.
    A Gladius needs a lot of discipine to be used, slashing and trauma related weapons would fit orcs better.

"I concur!"

​Me

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Orc soldiers had Gladii?
    Itīs been a while since I delved into ME lore, but I highly doubt that.
    A Gladius needs a lot of discipine to be used, slashing and trauma related weapons would fit orcs better.
    They had scimitars and the like ofc, there was just a reference to a short, stabbing sword of the sort you mentioned (but not exactly the same, only similar I would think).

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Ehmm, what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    Ehmm, what's going on?
    What Should be? We are currently in pre-alpha and are going towards alpha. With each day we are closer so dont vory we arent dead! :O

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Hehe, I was kind of worried to be honest. That's good news!

Best regards
    Then kind of death animation should full plate units have ?
    Stabbing is actually viable to penetrate armor I think, that's why knights would grab the blade with their hadn and stab their opponenet.
    Sure that doesnt happen here, but it is the best we got.

Quote Originally Posted by jim501 View Post
    Then kind of death animation should full plate units have ?
    Stabbing is actually viable to penetrate armor I think, that's why knights would grab the blade with their hadn and stab their opponenet.
    Sure that doesnt happen here, but it is the best we got.
    The did grab their sword. But that made it easier to stab in the gabs of the armor, not to actually penetrate armor it self.

Icon3 Re: ----- Pictures & Videos -----

My concept art for dwarves of Ered Luin (Firebeards)^^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ered luin fin.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; February 01, 2016 at 01:01 PM.